Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evan McPherson's A Hero In Cincinnati!
With all the misses we've had at kicker over the years, it's amazing that we have a guy that could end up as the GOAT kicker, especially since Burrow and crew will give him opportunities to win games and put up big stats!

We all hope that we don't need a kicker to win games or put up points because you want to score touchdowns and win games by enough not to come down to last-second kicks, but it's the NFL and there are great teams!

Burrow also has me worried with how skinny he is looking, but hopefully he can put on weight and get back into playing condition.

Regardless, I came across this picture and, since A Christmas Story is an all-time great movie, I got a "kick" out of the picture and I figured all of you would too!

[Image: 4a6cf1c243d4ec0f70f6b3327e4c5ac445a9be79...4819_1.jpg]

It's pretty accurate!

Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
True.  I hope once we get into the regular season the fans realize that it's preferable to stay quiet when we're kicking a field goal.  People were cheering so much during his attempts that I wondered if I'd missed something.  Like maybe he had requested noise to prep him for opposing stadiums.  But even he mentioned how odd it was.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:01 PM)Roland Wrote: True.  I hope once we get into the regular season the fans realize that it's preferable to stay quiet when we're kicking a field goal.  People were cheering so much during his attempts that I wondered if I'd missed something.  Like maybe he had requested noise to prep him for opposing stadiums.  But even he mentioned how odd it was.

Yep, although on here the fans are very football knowledgeable, yet at the stadium its not always the case. 

Took years for Carson to get fans to learn to be quiet pre-snap when Bengals have the ball so he could call audibles easier, everybody has seen him do the bird flap while under Center. 

Bring the pre-snap noise on Defense !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 03:01 PM)Roland Wrote: True.  I hope once we get into the regular season the fans realize that it's preferable to stay quiet when we're kicking a field goal.  People were cheering so much during his attempts that I wondered if I'd missed something.  Like maybe he had requested noise to prep him for opposing stadiums.  But even he mentioned how odd it was.

(08-14-2022, 09:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, although on here the fans are very football knowledgeable, yet at the stadium its not always the case. 

Took years for Carson to get fans to learn to be quiet pre-snap when Bengals have the ball so he could call audibles easier, everybody has seen him do the bird flap while under Center. 

Bring the pre-snap noise on Defense !

I wonder if we can see if the stadium will show something on the big screen telling fans to be quiet?
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 10:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wonder if we can see if the stadium will show something on the big screen telling fans to be quiet?

They're much better at it now and don't expect the regular season ticket holders to do this, but 17 years ago they were still learning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 02:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: They're much better at it now and don't expect the regular season ticket holders to do this, but 17 years ago they were still learning.

I agree but then there's also a bunch of new bandwagon fans that have no clue how to act.

I'm sure we could get a few news outlets around here telling fans to be quiet during his kicks if fans keep being idiots.
Reply/Quote
Sure is nice that we only need to get to the 40 and odds are Bengals end up with 3.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 03:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sure is nice that we only need to get to the 40 and odds are Bengals end up with 3.

And you know almost every other NFL team has to be jealous about that!

Like I said, it's especially good at the end of the half/game!

It's amazing that we finally have a kicker THIS GOOD, especially with all of our other weapons!
Reply/Quote
Just what he did in his rookie year made him a city favorite. We’ve never had a kicker that actually kicked hood when we needed it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 07:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Just what he did in his rookie year made him a city favorite. We’ve never had a kicker that actually kicked hood when we needed it.

His Swag is up there with Burrow and Chase as well... very likable guy!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote