Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evan McPherson

Pretty much anything from TC not having to do with Joe Burrow or the OL seems to get lost around here, but I’m glad to hear this kid has been good so far. And the one 60 yarder he did miss reportedly had plenty of leg. I liked this pick a lot when we made it, and hopefully he will end up being a real weapon for us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
A weapon? Idk. A good reliable kicker, I think we found one. He has Tucker-esque potential but need to see how he does during a clutch 0:00 kick in a real game. Very encouraged by what I’m hearing tho.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 01:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Pretty much anything from TC not having to do with Joe Burrow or the OL seems to get lost around here, but I’m glad to hear this kid has been good so far. And the one 60 yarder he did miss reportedly had plenty of leg. I liked this pick a lot when we made it, and hopefully he will end up being a real weapon for us.

Had him in everyone of my Mocks as I thought he was the best Kicker in college. Happy to see him doing well.

Hopefully we found our Tucker. McPherson could be the next great one. We will see, hope he doesn't start doing the Jake Elliott
impression. You just never know with Kickers or long snappers. Things get in their heads and they cannot come out of it at times.

But Evan seems strong minded on top of his talent.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Had him in everyone of my Mocks as I thought he was the best Kicker in college. Happy to see him doing well.

Hopefully we found our Tucker. McPherson could be the next great one. We will see, hope he doesn't start doing the Jake Elliott
impression. You just never know with Kickers or long snappers. Things get in their heads and they cannot come out of it at times.

But Evan seems strong minded on top of his talent.

yes I like what Ive heard so far especially how he didnt even notice how Seibert was dong because he was so zoned in on what he needs to do. 
I think he has  a better leg then Elliot so if he pans out we have a good long term solution at K.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 02:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yes I like what Ive heard so far especially how he didnt even notice how Seibert was dong because he was so zoned in on what he needs to do. 
I think he has  a better leg then Elliot so if he pans out we have a good long term solution at K.  

As much as we don't pay attention to the Kicker they score a lot of points which wins you games.

McPherson very well could be a weapon for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 01:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I couldn't find the video, but I saw it and it cleared the post area by 10 fricking yards.  It sailed just left but was absolutely crushed.  

I get that he hasn't had a lot of pressure kicks in his career but I sure like what I am seeing thus far.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 01:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: A weapon? Idk. A good reliable kicker, I think we found one. He has Tucker-esque potential but need to see how he does during a clutch 0:00 kick in a real game. Very encouraged by what I’m hearing tho.

Getting 3 points on the board to win the game from 50+ let alone any other yardage counts as a weapon in my book. If he has a great leg then Burrow and Co don’t have to drive as far to setup for points. Don’t forget that will be more points on the board throughout the year as well compared to some yardages last year that they decided to punt because it was out of Fat Randy’s range.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 01:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: A weapon? Idk. A good reliable kicker, I think we found one. He has Tucker-esque potential but need to see how he does during a clutch 0:00 kick in a real game. Very encouraged by what I’m hearing tho.

A good reliable kicker who can hit even remotely consistently from 50 is definitely a weapon. Thanks Nicomo for shining some light on some positive news from camp. I was a huge fan of this pick and think he'll make people forget Elliott. Finally.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We should setup for a FG back around our own 20 and let McPherson just drive it as hard as we can - tell us what his actual range is...
Reply/Quote