Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Evangelical Magazine Supports Impeachment and Removal
Trump is a Christian in name only.  He has openly expressed that he doesn't follow the tenets and his actions and words give no indication that he "in his heart" acts any different.

That's the entire story.

If some wish to pretend to help them feel better about their support of him that's all fine and dandy with this guy...but it's not "judging" to say outloud what Trump does and says and how he acts and then say he's not Christian or Christian-like.

It's the truth.

Happy new year!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-31-2019, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I just don't judge whether anyone who professes to be a Christian is not.

I think it is your duty (see: "great commission") to help people who claim to be Christians but clearly do not understand.

You claim that no Christian ever judges if someone who claims to be a Christian really is, but that is just not true.  It is very common for anyone witnessing to another person to ask them "How do you know you are a Christian?"  This is especially common when the person witnessing is talking to a person who claims to be a Christian but acts the compleet oppist of a Christian.  Any treu Christian concerned with the salvation of another would make sure that the person really knew what he was talking about when he claimed to be saved.  In fact I have heard entire sermons on the serious dangers to people who claim to be Christian but do not really understand what is required to gain salvationbut. 

In church I was specifically taught that if a person claimed to be saved, but did not know he was required to ask God for forgiveness then it was my DUTY to explain to him that he was not really saved. 

Of course that was my duty to my God and Church, not my political party.
(12-31-2019, 07:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps I'm mistaken in remembering you both have stated you do not believe in God. There was no judgement there; simply going by what I remembered.

Yet when Trump cliams he has not asked God for forgiveness you make up some story about how he really has done it in secret.  So if you are making up stories to make Trump a "possible" Christian then why not me?
(01-02-2020, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yet when Trump cliams he has not asked God for forgiveness you make up some story about how he really has done it in secret.  So if you are making up stories to make Trump a "possible" Christian then why not me?

Because you tell me you are not. I have not asserted he does anything in secret I simply stated we do not know his personal relationship.

I think folks (either intentionally or not) are confusing judging behavior with telling someone who asserts they are a Christian, that they are not. You can (and I do) what you teachings state are required to be a Christian but no one can/should judge anyone's personal relationship with their creator.

I believe in immersion in water. Do I have the authority to judge someone who was sprinkled as an infant and then went to confirmation camp that he/she is not a Christian?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-02-2020, 01:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  You can (and I do) what you teachings state are required to be a Christian but no one can/should judge anyone's personal relationship with their creator.

Religious leaders disagree with you.  They say that if a person says he is a Christian but also says he has not asked for forgiveness from God then it is the Christian's duty to tell that person that he is wrong.  Christians are not supposed to let people believe they are saved when they really don't understand that they are not.  Christians are required to judge people who claim to be Christians in order to save the ones who do not really understand what is required to be redeemed.

So if you really do refuse to judge people who claim to be Christians you are failing at your duty as a Christian.  You are letting people burn in hell for eternity because you refuse to educate them on the truth.
(01-02-2020, 01:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I have not asserted he does anything in secret

(12-27-2019, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For all we know a humbled Trump hits his knees every night begging forgiveness 

Rolleyes

So let me ask a simple question.  Can Trump be  Christian if he has never confessed his sins to God and asked for forgiveness?
(01-02-2020, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rolleyes

So let me ask a simple question.  Can Trump be  Christian if he has never confessed his sins to God and asked for forgiveness?

Thanks for quoting me and showing I did exactly as I said; not as you said. In my teachings No. You must confess your sins. I have no issue with telling folks they are acting contrary to my beliefs. I haven't shied away from that once in this exchange. If we are talking about the same incident he said maybe he does (confess/ask) when he take communion:

Trump Wrote:When I drink my little wine -- which is about the only wine I drink -- and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed," he said. "I think in terms of 'let's go on and let's make it right.'"

I'm unsure how many more times I can say it. In my teaching a Christian should be reborn everyday and if Trump (or ANYONE not named Trump) asked me I'd tell him/her the same.  But that same person may tell me to read Romans 10:1-11

Can't Trump just say Jesus is his savior and be done with it? Hasn't he just said that? It seems easy enough. I'll say it right now. Jesus is lord God on high and I accept him as my savior. Easy enough.
(01-02-2020, 06:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't Trump just say Jesus is his savior and be done with it?  Hasn't he just said that?  It seems easy enough.  I'll say it right now.  Jesus is lord God on high and I accept him as my savior.  Easy enough.

That's some people's belief. All it takes is saying it, youre then free to do... Whatever.

Some Florida religious leaders (and a lot of us) don't think that's being a leader projecting a Christian. As they say, he's trying to co-opt the religion long enough to line his pockets and help out a small group of folks.

https://www.floridadems.org/news/christian-faith-leaders-rebuke-trump-in-open-letter
Trump spoke to some evangelicals on Friday at some megachurch rally. After saying the media might be honest about his rally because they're in a church and that he doesn't lie, he just gets little things wrong that he could argue are right, he then proceeded to lie about the number of judicial vacancies Obama had and the history of presidents leaving vacancies.

He then turned his attention to Pete Buttigieg:

"And I see Alfred E. Neuman comes out and he's trying to pretend he's very religious... Now all of a sudden he's become extremely religious, this happened about two weeks ago,"

I removed a decent chunk in the middle where Trump just made fun of his name. This is of course silly as Pete has been open about his faith for a long time and has talked extensively about it during his entire campaign.

Pete tweeted out soon after that God doesn't belong to a political party and then, when asked about it on Sunday, said "I'm pretty sure I've been a believer longer than he's been a Republican."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-06-2020, 10:27 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump spoke to some evangelicals on Friday at some megachurch rally. After saying the media might be honest about his rally because they're in a church and that he doesn't lie, he just gets little things wrong that he could argue are right, he then proceeded to lie about the number of judicial vacancies Obama had and the history of presidents leaving vacancies.

"And I see Alfred E. Neuman comes out and he's trying to pretend he's very religious... Now all of a sudden he's become extremely religious, this happened about two weeks ago,"

I removed a decent chunk in the middle where Trump just made fun of his name. This is of course silly as Pete has been open about his faith for a long time and has talked extensively about it during his entire campaign.

Pete tweeted out soon after that God doesn't belong to a political party and then, when asked about it on Sunday, said "I'm pretty sure I've been a believer longer than he's been a Republican."

Well sure...but WHAT IF he is secretly on his knees begging his Lord and Savior for forgiveness?!?!?!?!  Ninja

We know how private Trump is with his thoughts.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-06-2020, 10:27 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump spoke to some evangelicals on Friday at some megachurch rally. After saying the media might be honest about his rally because they're in a church and that he doesn't lie, he just gets little things wrong that he could argue are right, he then proceeded to lie about the number of judicial vacancies Obama had and the history of presidents leaving vacancies.

Trump was wrong to judge Mayor Pete's faith. And kudos to Pete for not calling Trump's in during his rebuttal.