Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans in, Perine out sounds like
From what I read today, Evans is Mixon backup this week.. i do hope Mixon does not go down... prefer not to have a rookie that has seen little action taking too many snaps this weekend...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: From what I read today, Evans is Mixon backup this week.. i do hope Mixon does not go down... prefer not to have a rookie that has seen little action taking too many snaps this weekend...

lets hope mixon is back to 100% he didnt look it last week
Reply/Quote
Wanting to see more of Evans, think if he can hold up in pass protection he can be a dangerous weapon for us catching
the ball out of the backfield. As Xeno said, Mixon was clearly not 100% last game and he has been getting too many
carries before this anyways. Need to spread out the snaps between the backs more and keep Mixon from getting wore
down.
Reply/Quote
Look for Trayveon Williams to also be activated on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Any word on Carman?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 06:25 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Any word on Carman?

nope

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hope they turn Evans loose.Good speed,and powerful.Love to see what he could do with 12-15 carries.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 06:13 PM)pally Wrote: Look for Trayveon Williams to also be activated on Sunday

Interested to see him play as well.

Really unfortunate past injuries for him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 08:40 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Hope they turn  Evans loose.Good speed,and powerful.Love to see what he could do with 12-15 carries.

I sure liked his 2 catches against the Packers, he has hands like a WR man with great burst and can break tackles.
Reply/Quote
Interesting timing, after Perine had 15 touches for 83 yards and a score.

They barely played Evans last week, with Mixon hobbled.

Maybe Perine did something the coaches didn't like last week? Or - hopefully - Evans is just balling out in practice.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Interesting timing, after Perine had 15 touches for 83 yards and a score.

Maybe Perine did something the coaches didn't like last week? Or - hopefully - Evans is just balling out in practice.

He's allowed 2 sacks on only 9 pass blocking attempts this year.  Doubt the coaches like that very much.
Reply/Quote
They may figure that Evans with his unknown pass blocking is better than Perine's known bad pass blocking.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's allowed 2 sacks on only 9 pass blocking attempts this year.  Doubt the coaches like that very much.

No excuse for that at his size.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: From what I read today, Evans is Mixon backup this week.. i do hope Mixon does not go down... prefer not to have a rookie that has seen little action taking too many snaps this weekend...

I been waiting for this.. Y'all are about to be introduced to Evans...
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's allowed 2 sacks on only 9 pass blocking attempts this year.  Doubt the coaches like that very much.

I tried telling everyone.. It's Evans time..
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 09:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Interesting timing, after Perine had 15 touches for 83 yards and a score.

Wasn't it covid related? Or did Perine end up getting cleared already?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 10:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: Wasn't it covid related? Or did Perine end up getting cleared already?

Yeah... He's on the COVID list.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
At least Evans should have fresh legs.

Carried the ball a total of 16 times over the last two seasons.

BTW it seems like I spend a lot of time bashing Evans, but I would really like to see him succeed. I just post a lot of this stuff because I feel he gets a lot more love than he deserve.

like Auden Tate all over again. I have no problem with him as a #4 WR. I just have to hose down the crowd that is too hot and squirmy for him.

I am an SEC fan and Trayveon was very impressive in college. I still think he could be the most talented back up RB we have. He just has not been able to stay healthy.

Perine will be back by next week so it really isn't an issue. The coaches clearly see him as the best option behind Mixon.

I really don't care who gets the extra carries as long as they cut down the workload for Joe. No way he will last the whole season with 18-20 carries a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At least Evans should have fresh legs.

BTW it seems like I spend a lot of time bashing Evans, but I would really like to see him succeed. I just post a lot of this stuff because I feel he gets a lot more love than he deserve.

like Auden Tate all over again. I have no problem with him as a #4 WR. I just have to hose down the crowd that is too hot and squirmy for him.

I am an SEC fan and Trayveon was very impressive in college. I still think he could be the most talented back up RB we have. He just has not been able to stay healthy.

Perine will be back by next week so it really isn't an issue. The coaches clearly see him as the best option behind Mixon.

I really don't care who gets the extra carries as long as they cut down the workload for Joe. No way he will last the whole season with 18-20 carries a game.

I think it’s the love of the unknown with him. When he does catch the ball, he has done well with it. He hasn’t ran against NFL defenses yet, so we will have to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At least Evans should have fresh legs.

BTW it seems like I spend a lot of time bashing Evans, but I would really like to see him succeed.  I just post a lot of this stuff because I feel he gets a lot more love than he deserve.

like Auden Tate all over again.  I have no problem with him as a #4 WR.  I just have to hose down the crowd that is too hot and squirmy for him.

I am an SEC fan and Trayveon was very impressive in college.  I still think he could be the most talented back up RB we have.  He just has not been able to stay healthy.

Perine will be back by next week so it really isn't an issue.  The coaches clearly see him as the best option behind Mixon.

Yep, when he touches the ball he makes things happen, until he gets hurt. They should just go ahead and activate him while Mixon is hobbled and run him till he breaks.
Reply/Quote