Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evans in, Perine out sounds like
(10-15-2021, 12:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At least Evans should have fresh legs.

Carried the ball a total of 16 times over the last two seasons.

BTW it seems like I spend a lot of time bashing Evans, but I would really like to see him succeed.  I just post a lot of this stuff because I feel he gets a lot more love than he deserve.

like Auden Tate all over again.  I have no problem with him as a #4 WR.  I just have to hose down the crowd that is too hot and squirmy for him.

I am an SEC fan and Trayveon was very impressive in college.  I still think he could be the most talented back up RB we have.  He just has not been able to stay healthy.

Perine will be back by next week so it really isn't an issue.  The coaches clearly see him as the best option behind Mixon.

I really don't care who gets the extra carries as long as they cut down the workload for Joe. No way he will last the whole season with 18-20 carries a game.

You get a lot of flak but your arguments are more grounded in reality than others. 

I mean, there are times when you've used statistics misleadingly but i'd say that doesn't happen as often as others think.

People got infatuated with this guy after a select few plays in preseason. Just a gigantic "meh" to me. A good cartch here and there and people think we have a Steeler Laveon Bell. Not sure why people are so high on this guy. We need to invest in RB early in next year's draft (within first 3 rounds). Can't beleive i'm saying this but I miss the Jeremy Hill days when we had a power "get off me" RB.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 08:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, when he touches the ball he makes things happen, until he gets hurt. They should just go ahead and activate him while Mixon is hobbled and run him till he breaks.

When has he done this? Have I been asleep or is it just rare, only it's a shiny good play when it does happen?
Reply/Quote
Perine is officially out for Sunday. Mixon is a full go with Evans as his backup

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:08 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: When has he done this? Have I been asleep or is it just rare, only it's a shiny good play when it does happen?

In pre-season of course. He never seems to get out of pre season unscathed.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: From what I read today, Evans is Mixon backup this week.. i do hope Mixon does not go down... prefer not to have a rookie that has seen little action taking too many snaps this weekend...

Evans has looked really good in his limited action, and although it is always a big concern for a rookie RB, his coach from college said one of his biggest strengths was his blocking in blitz pickup.  

This is his chance to crack the starting lineup and help push Mixon to new heights.  I hope he gets some carries, too.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 11:34 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... He's on the COVID list.

Interesting that Jackson is back from the list, and he is known as vaccinated.  No word on whether Perine is or not, but I would sure hope so.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Interesting that Jackson is back from the list, and he is known as vaccinated.  No word on whether Perine is or not, but I would sure hope so.  

Being vaccinated, Carman only needed to provide consecutive negative tests to return, which he did.  The fact that Perine remains on the COVID list means he is either unvaccinated, thus out for a mandatory period, or vaccinated and continuing to test positive.
Reply/Quote
Jacques Patrick was released by the 49ers earlier in the week. I am surprised we haven't brought him back.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 12:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Being vaccinated, Carman only needed to provide consecutive negative tests to return, which he did.  The fact that Perine remains on the COVID list means he is either unvaccinated, thus out for a mandatory period, or vaccinated and continuing to test positive.

Right, I am just wondering if it will come out if he was vaccinated or not (Perine), as it was released that Jackson was vaccinated and I thought it was weird that they didn't provide that status on Perine.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 12:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Jacques Patrick was released by the 49ers earlier in the week.  I am surprised we haven't brought him back.

Wasn't aware of this....and I am surprised as well.  Really liked what we saw out of him.  He even had one really nice reception.  
Reply/Quote
Rock On
Reply/Quote
Evans today made a case for him staying as RB2 even when Perine is ready.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 05:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Evans today made a case for him staying as RB2 even when Perine is ready.

Agreed. Blocked , ran and caught well.
Reply/Quote
I think Perine would’ve done ok out there today too. The line was getting push. Evans is nifty though and brings an additional pass catching element with the vertical capability. I’m hoping by the end of the year he is getting most the 3rd down reps.
Reply/Quote