Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even I have to admit....
It looks like he's at least putting in the work. Hopefully it'll pay off.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Houshmandzadeh-re-routing-Ross/de40289d-9089-4811-b932-c2aadc2c1e66
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I like it!

Reply/Quote
What a lovely offseason fluff piece by Mr. Hobson. Wasn't last year's on how Ogbuehi was "toughing it out" at MMA camp?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 09:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: It looks like he's at least putting in the work. Hopefully it'll pay off.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Houshmandzadeh-re-routing-Ross/de40289d-9089-4811-b932-c2aadc2c1e66

Blah, blah, blah. Had 2 years of Hobson puff pieces about Ogbuehi only to find out I was right to start with. Ross has to actually do it in real games before I'm going to believe he's any better than he showed us last year.

Reply/Quote
True about the fluff pieces on Ced. But by all accounts Ced did put in the work. It just didn't translate.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I love it.

Housh was a good receiver because he was technically sound- always being where he needed to be and running good routes.

I never realized this because I always thought he was a pretty reliable guy, but apparently he dropped the most passes in the NFL in 2005 and a lot of people called him overrated:

Quote:Houshmandzadeh was called one of the NFL's most overrated players by many pundits. In fact, ESPN.com analyst K.C. Joyner noted that with 39 dropped passes in the 2005 season, Houshmandzadeh ranked as the worst in the NFL.

I also didn't realize that he tied Wes Welker for the most catches in the league in 2007.

Regardless, let's hope that he polishes up Ross's game and that Ross explodes this season with a huge year!
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What a lovely offseason fluff piece by Mr. Hobson.  Wasn't last year's on how Ogbuehi was "toughing it out" at MMA camp?

(04-05-2018, 10:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Blah, blah, blah. Had 2 years of Hobson puff pieces about Ogbuehi only to find out I was right to start with. Ross has to actually do it in real games before I'm going to believe he's any better than he showed us last year.

True, but it's the offseason, so it's perfectly fine to be excited about possibilities.

Ross has the ability to be a beast, but he just needs some polishing.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 10:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: True but it's the offseason so it's perfectly fine to be excited about possibilities.

Ross has the ability to be a beast, but he just needs some polishing.

Sure, it's always fun to be hopeful.  However, I'm not ready to jump on the John Ross hope train, just yet.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm glad Housh is working with him and I do have some faith in that Ross will improve. Of course, it's hard not to improve from last year.
Reply/Quote
Houshmandzadeh was called one of the NFL's most overrated players by many pundits. In fact, ESPN.com analyst K.C. Joyner noted that with 39 dropped passes in the 2005 season, Houshmandzadeh ranked as the worst in the NFL.

Okay, I am not saying that TJ didn't drop a few, but no way in hell he had 39 drops in just one year.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 12:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Houshmandzadeh was called one of the NFL's most overrated players by many pundits. In fact, ESPN.com analyst K.C. Joyner noted that with 39 dropped passes in the 2005 season, Houshmandzadeh ranked as the worst in the NFL.

Okay, I am not saying that TJ didn't drop a few, but no way in hell he had 39 drops in just one year.

I haven't researched it, but I think he had like 108 catches that one season. If so, 39 drops may not be out of the question. Again, I didn't research it.
Reply/Quote
I miss Houz, good memories!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 12:46 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I miss Houz, good memories!

Loved him while he was here but then he left because he thought he could be the #1 somewhere, and he failed, so, in an attempt to take the spotlight off of himself, he started running his mouth while the Chad drama was going on saying that he was talking to Chad and Chad wanted out, blah, blah, blah, which, even if it was true, you just don't start drama like that.
Reply/Quote
Well working with TJ is nice but he needs to answer why he is working with juju schuster.
Reply/Quote
Sure, it's fluff, but I will say this: you can teach and perfect route running. You can't teach a tackle to not be a weak powder puff.

Also, TJ did not drop 39 passes in 2005 lol. Heck, I doubt any receiver in NFL history has had that many official drops. Not unless they're counting every football that touched him and wasn't caught as a "drop".

TO was known for his drops and I remember seeing him with around 12 drops in his worst seasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Here's my thing. I don't fault Ross for last year like most do. I think he will definitely be more involved then last year. But he's so small looking and proven to be injury prone,he even pulled a hammy doing the 40. I don't think he's a guy you can rely on already in his early career.

Also we are basically going into next year with the same weapons and hoping improving the o line will be the difference. I'm not feeling real good about that. If it was me I might be looking for a receiver in the first 3 rounds just to make sure. I'd even consider Ridley if he dropped to 21 but I know they wont do that and our fans would be upset.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 12:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Houshmandzadeh was called one of the NFL's most overrated players by many pundits. In fact, ESPN.com analyst K.C. Joyner noted that with 39 dropped passes in the 2005 season, Houshmandzadeh ranked as the worst in the NFL.

Yeah there's no way, I think the year sanu had the most drops he had like 8-10 or some number like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2018, 04:59 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Yeah there's no way, I think the year sanu had the most drops he had like 8-10 or some number like that.

People on here accused AJ Green of having like 7 or 8 in one game this past season. Obviously they don’t know what qualifies as a drop lol

Reply/Quote
This sounds promising

http://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/Houshmandzadeh-re-routing-Ross/de40289d-9089-4811-b932-c2aadc2c1e66
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Love me some TJ. Hope he succeeds and I have a pretty high degree of certainty that he will. Thanks for sharing.
Reply/Quote