Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eventually we will win a playoff game
It will happen eventually. Since we've last won a playoff game...most teams in the league have won 5+. Some 23 teams have been to the Super Bowl.

We will eventually win a playoff game or two...but being a Bengals fan is acknowledging that we won't win as many as most teams...especially the well managed teams. The league is setup for every team to have success now and then.

We've won 5 playoff games in our 50 year history. Exactly 3 seasons have saw us win atleast 1 playoff game.

Heck, after making the playoffs 5 years in a row, some fans were delusional enough to think that other teams were copying our model. The league is setup for EVERY TEAM to have success atleast occasionally. We've been such an outlier at how poorly we've been managed that fans don't realize that. They think our dysfunctional is normal.
Reply/Quote
There won’t be football in Cincy once the stadium deal expires

They only have like 8 seasons left to win anything. History says they will continue to fail.
Reply/Quote
I think it would be crazy for them to think they'd get a new stadium...but I guess it could happen.
Reply/Quote
To tell you the truth, winning a play off game means nothing to me. It's either go all the way, or it's a bust. I could give a shit really about winning one playoff game if that's all they have in the tank.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 11:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: To tell you the truth, winning a play off game means nothing to me. It's either go all the way, or it's a bust. I could give a shit really about winning one playoff game if that's all they have in the tank.

Kind of have the same feeling but know it may be a step by step process at this point. 

Plus having season tickets would love to see a win or two live. Maybe even host the AFC Championship game at PBS.

The atmosphere would be electric !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 11:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: To tell you the truth, winning a play off game means nothing to me. It's either go all the way, or it's a bust. I could give a shit really about winning one playoff game if that's all they have in the tank.

I agree with you, but I think a lot of Bengals fans have been beaten down so long that they lowered the bar to thinking a playoff win is some mythical achievement.

Heck...5 playoff appearances in a row without a win had some fans talking about how other teams were copying our model for success!
Reply/Quote
We are the bastard child of Browns divorce from Cleveland.

Note that they haven't had any success since then either.

The Ravens do not count

Reply/Quote
I believe we will eventually win a playoff game, but it won't happen till Marv is gone .
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 11:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree with you, but I think a lot of Bengals fans have been beaten down so long that they lowered the bar to thinking a playoff win is some mythical achievement.

Heck...5 playoff appearances in a row without a win had some fans talking about how other teams were copying our model for success!

I mean, it kinda would be a mythical achievement for this team. I'm not going to lie, I'd be ecstatic if the Bengals won a playoff game, and I think most would. Not because I think it's some massive achievement by normal NFL standards, but because it's a giant monkey on this team's back. Think Steve Young in Super Bowl XXIX:

Sure, Young's monkey was a greater achievement, but not winning a playoff game is without a doubt THE monkey for Marvin Lewis, this core of players, the last core of players, Mike Brown and the entire fan base.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 09:59 AM)Riverfrontbrew Wrote: There won’t be football in Cincy once the stadium deal expires

They only have like 8 seasons left to win anything.  History says they will continue to fail.

One post and done.  That is sooooo Bengal-like.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think this team will win it's first playoff game until Mike Brown is no longer running the show.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 09:59 AM)Riverfrontbrew Wrote: There won’t be football in Cincy once the stadium deal expires

They only have like 8 seasons left to win anything.  History says they will continue to fail.

St Louis Bengals......Oakland Bengals......San Diego Bengals.......any of these 3 moves and no guarantee they don't leave in last years of stadium deal.  Riverfront opened 1970 and by 1990 Mike Brown said it was old and NFL agreed.  Paul Brown opened around late 90's or 2000.  so 2020 and they pull the stadium too old garbage.  ...Brown Family and NFL probably would love a team in St Louis or San Diego or Oakland if one builds the stadium.  St Louis vs Pittsburg, Baltimore and Cleveland ?  ...NFL might like that. 

In this Dayton Ohio area, Colts are close, but I bet TV shows the Browns farther away.  Really, Pittsburg isn't that far from Columbus, but I bet TV goes to the Browns in OHIO.  Kentucky might get Indy or Tennessee depending on what part of Kentucky.  So it will be like Royals leaving Cincy and although Indy Pacers not far away, Ohio gets a lot of Cleveland Cavs due to Fox Ohio.  The kind of do it by state now even if a city in another state is closer. 

St Louis, San Diego or Oakland should insist that if they build a stadium they don't want the Brown Family. They will buy them out, but a new city should DEMAND new owners and things like a GM and scouts OR NO NEW STADIUM and Cincy can keep them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Doubt I'll be alive to see a playoff win.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I guess the theory goes you have to win a playoff game to even have a shot a playing in a super bowl.  So winning the first one would definitely break the stigma and build confidence.  I mean, I would want them to win a super bowl too, but they HAVE to win a playoff game first. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 08:33 PM)kevin Wrote: St Louis Bengals......Oakland Bengals......San Diego Bengals.......any of these 3 moves and no guarantee they don't leave in last years of stadium deal.  Riverfront opened 1970 and by 1990 Mike Brown said it was old and NFL agreed.  Paul Brown opened around late 90's or 2000.  so 2020 and they pull the stadium too old garbage.  ...Brown Family and NFL probably would love a team in St Louis or San Diego or Oakland if one builds the stadium.  St Louis vs Pittsburg, Baltimore and Cleveland ?  ...NFL might like that. 

In this Dayton Ohio area, Colts are close, but I bet TV shows the Browns farther away.  Really, Pittsburg isn't that far from Columbus, but I bet TV goes to the Browns in OHIO.  Kentucky might get Indy or Tennessee depending on what part of Kentucky.  So it will be like Royals leaving Cincy and although Indy Pacers not far away, Ohio gets a lot of Cleveland Cavs due to Fox Ohio.  The kind of do it by state now even if a city in another state is closer. 

St Louis, San Diego or Oakland should insist that if they build a stadium they don't want the Brown Family. They will buy them out, but a new city should DEMAND new owners and things like a GM and scouts OR NO NEW STADIUM and Cincy can keep them.

Obviously going to be the LA Bengals. Another step towards getting 16 LA teams and 16 NY teams, and turning the National Football League into the LYFL (Los York Football League).   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 11:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Doubt I'll be alive to see a playoff win.

Playoff wins happen every year.

Just not to the Bengals.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote