Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Football Die-Off At ALL Levels?
All I know is the high school down the road from Snowy Manor disbanded its varsity football team in 2017 because they didn't have enough boys to field a team, due in part to parental concerns. It was the only football team in the area to do so, as far as I know, but it seems to be happening all over:
https://www.apnews.com/66e699491a3b478293620c1e5069dc9e
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In the grand scheme of things with young men putting their lives on the line to feed their families football is pretty low on the pecking order of  shit that needs to be banned . Guys still go down into mines to extract minerals from the ground, still go off to foreign countries to die to save money for the  Zikzack corporation and so forth. As long as there are filthy rich people unwilling to put themselves in harms way there will always be not so rich young men willing to do their dirty work for them. The only aspect of football I expect to ever disappear are the huge salaries. Soon as the rich old bastards figure out that they can get dumb young men to do it for free you'll see the  end of millionaire players.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 11:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have seen some people say that the NFL won't be around in 75-to-100 years, and I've seen other estimates say that it will be over in 50 years.

This, obviously, is unless some miracle happens to lessen the brain damage or heal people once they have something like CTE  (I know that they'd need a way to even detect it, first).  Maybe stem cells usage will be advanced enough by then.

My question is, though: will it just die-off at the NFL level but still be around in pee-wee leagues, high school, and college?

Then I got to thinking and had the thought that, if they're going to get rid of a level of football, wouldn't it be better too do it while they're younger and their minds are still developing?  Would they get rid of all levels except for the NFL?  Would they keep college and the NFL?  High school?  Will there be a limit on how long someone can play?

Will organized football be banned at all levels?  

If not, which levels will still be allowed to be played?

well look at it this way...

NOTHING last for ever
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 10:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well look at it this way...

NOTHING last for ever

Energy?

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 01:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Energy?

Nervous

Okay....   that and time.
Reply/Quote