Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever see a screen go for a Pick 6 before today?
It's definitely rare. I can't think of a single time before today.
Reply/Quote
yes i have
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gio ran into the lineman and wasn't where it was supposed to be.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:59 PM)Destro Wrote: Gio ran into the lineman and wasn't where it was supposed to be.

Oh I get what happened...but it's still something that you don't see much in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's definitely rare. I can't think of a single time before today.

I have. It is rare though.

In Super Bowl XVIII Joe Theismann threw a screen pass from his own 12 yard line at the end of the first half and the raiders picked it for an easy TD.

Reply/Quote
Looks like the Bengals tipped their hand on the screen:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron threw a pick six on a screen against William Gay from Pittsburgh in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 06:59 PM)Destro Wrote: Gio ran into the lineman and wasn't where it was supposed to be.

Yes

Often when I'm deer hunting I just fire a shot randomly into the woods even though I have no idea where or even if there's a target out there. 

Cool
Reply/Quote

I’m convinced you’re Jordan Dalton lol

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 07:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

Often when I'm deer hunting I just fire a shot randomly into the woods even though I have no idea where or even if there's a target out there. 

Cool

Do you use a Red Rifle??

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m convinced you’re Jordan Dalton lol

Why, because I posted the truth? Didn't the announcers even talk about it, show it? Did you not see that? Or were you busy typing out something to complain about?
Reply/Quote
You can't go blindly throwing screens, which is what they have done this year. Not sure why they have Andy put the large arc on it either... seems counterprodcutive.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:22 PM)Destro Wrote: Why, because I posted the truth? Didn't the announcers even talk about it, show it? Did you not see that? Or were you busy typing out something to complain about?

Even the biggest Dalton homers on this board are jumping ship, to still defend his play at this point is ridiculous. Borderline trolling.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You can't go blindly throwing screens, which is what they have done this year. Not sure why they have Andy put the large arc on it either... seems counterprodcutive.

Obviously for yucks. Gotta entertain the fans somehow.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Even the biggest Dalton homers on this board are jumping ship, to still defend his play at this point is ridiculous. Borderline trolling.

Now now.. Andy's also bought into the tanking business. He'll probably open a tank dealership in the middle east.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Even the biggest Dalton homers on this board are jumping ship, to still defend his play at this point is ridiculous. Borderline trolling.

Never defended the play. Actually called it, as well as the other two terrible. You are trying to troll against me because you need someone to argue with. Problem is, I'm stating facts. That did happen, you denying that? I didn't say not to blame Dalton. Can you say I did? Then you would be lying. So you are either lying or trolling to make yourself feel better.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:30 PM)Destro Wrote: Never defended the play. Actually called it, as well as the other two terrible. You are trying to troll against me because you need someone to argue with. Problem is, I'm stating facts. That did happen, you denying that? I didn't say not to blame Dalton. Can you say I did? Then you would be lying. So you are either lying or trolling to make yourself feel better.

Lots of QBs spike the ball into the turf when the screens not open. He panicked.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lots of QBs spike the ball into the turf when the screens not open. He panicked.

True, and that should have happened, but doesn't make my post any less true, though. More than one person can make a mistake on a play.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:36 PM)Destro Wrote: True, and that should have happened, but doesn't make my post any less true, though. More than one person can make a mistake on a play.

Dalton panicked and threw up a lame duck pass with a hope and a prayer, rookie move. Doesn't matter if Gio ran to the wrong side of the field, fell down, got blocked out or got kidnapped by aliens !

Just say Dalton screwed that up and stop making excuses.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Dalton panicked and threw up a lame duck pass with a hope and a prayer, rookie move. Doesn't matter if Gio ran to the wrong side of the field, fell down, got blocked out or got kidnapped by aliens !

Just say Dalton screwed that up and stop making excuses.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote