Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every offensive play from now on
Should be a pick play. See how many times it's called. When it is, show the refs the Pittsburgh pick play and the official response from the NFL then say that it's clear the defender made contact first even though all the replays show it was the offensive player. Don't leave the field 'til they pick the flag up.

No, I'm not still bitter. Why do you ask?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 10:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Should be a pick play. See how many times it's called. When it is, show the refs the Pittsburgh pick play and the official response from the NFL then say that it's clear the defender made contact first even though all the replays show it was the offensive player. Don't leave the field 'til they pick the flag up.

The problem is that it only works for the 'specially preferred customers' that the league wants to win. To my extensive knowledge and experience as a bonified Bengals fan and NFL cynic I'm pretty sure that the Bengals still haven't applied for the preferred teams program that gives them those special preferred rule exemptions.. 

What we need to do is for everyone who posts on this board to create multiple usernames and all post under those multiple usernames to make it appear that the Bengals fan base is MUCH larger than it really is. It's not that I'm advocating that we cheat, but I don't see any other way to get us into the preferred teams program ... 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: The problem is that it only works for the 'specially preferred customers' that the league wants to win. To my extensive knowledge and experience as a bonified Bengals fan and NFL cynic I'm pretty sure that the Bengals still haven't applied for the preferred teams program that gives them those special preferred rule exemptions.. 

The Patriots make a living running pic plays and they're not an NFL darling....ummmm  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Patriots make a living running pic plays and they're not an NFL darling....ummmm  Ninja

Oh no. Of course not.  They've never even been even remotely suspected of cheating . If ever there was a squeaky clean, good upstanding, honest and all around bunch of nice guys it would have to be New England.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think that it would be humorous to have 4 WR line up in that "bunch" formation, have 3 of them lay blatant picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't want sacks NOR do I want picks.

I just want our Defense to stop the run and and stop their pass attack, no need for that fancy stuff.

3 & outs. Over and over and over again.

I want us to torture them slowly, play by play until they give up on every play. Attitude Attitude Attitude
Reply/Quote
I think the players should decleat opposing players making sure not to line them up first.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: The problem is that it only works for the 'specially preferred customers' that the league wants to win. To my extensive knowledge and experience as a bonified Bengals fan and NFL cynic I'm pretty sure that the Bengals still haven't applied for the preferred teams program that gives them those special preferred rule exemptions.. 

See, here's the genius of it, if they keep calling it, but you keep running it, the refs aren't going to know what to do. Do they still call it? Do they only call it every other play? Eventually, they're going to give up calling it so that the game can eventually end. It might mean a 3 and a half hour 1st quarter, but it would definitely send a message to the NFL front office.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 10:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Should be a pick play. See how many times it's called. When it is, show the refs the Pittsburgh pick play and the official response from the NFL then say that it's clear the defender made contact first even though all the replays show it was the offensive player. Don't leave the field 'til they pick the flag up.

Ironically, I see the Bengals run this play less than every other NFL team I have watched.  Especially at the goal line.  
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 10:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I'm not still bitter. Why do you ask?

We may need to recruit a grief counselor on this board for times like this. I mean, I could almost qualify. Been through 3 divorces by vengeful cheating wives and I'm still alove. However, that didnt hurt as bad as this?  LMAO

A KC win will help the healing process no doubt. We are going to be fine.  Wink

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We may need to recruit a grief counselor on this board for times like this. I mean, I could almost qualify. Been through 3 divorces by vengeful cheating wives and I'm still alove. However, that didnt hurt as bad as this?  LMAO

What is Befine going to do ?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: What is Befine going to do ?

Befine will be fine.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We may need to recruit a grief counselor on this board for times like this. I mean, I could almost qualify. Been through 3 divorces by vengeful cheating wives and I'm still alove. However, that didnt hurt as bad as this?  LMAO

Ah, the whiskey ain't working anymore....
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Ah, the whiskey ain't working anymore....

Whiskey stopped working after the 2nd wife.

Reply/Quote

Legend has it that Hunter still has a hold of McRae. He wont let go for anything or anyone. Makes bathroom time really awkward.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see it, but i dont think no nfl team would even try to do this. Goodell probably get them banned from the league for ruining narrative.
Reply/Quote

Heres to you DOG!!! SAAAAALUTE!!! If you have lived through that much HELL, you deserve a winning team!

Reply/Quote
They could just defecate all over their own uniforms before putting them on for the game.

No one will want to touch em' let alone run picks on them. Sick
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 11:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: See, here's the genius of it, if they keep calling it, but you keep running it, the refs aren't going to know what to do. Do they still call it? Do they only call it every other play? Eventually, they're going to give up calling it so that the game can eventually end. It might mean a 3 and a half hour 1st quarter, but it would definitely send a message to the NFL front office.

Exactly how many penalty yards against us do you find acceptable ? 100? 300? 1000? 10000?  At some point the offense is moving backwards every snap.. 

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 12:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: Exactly how many penalty yards against us do you find acceptable ? 100? 300? 1000? 10000?  At some point the offense is moving backwards every snap.. 

Keep going backwards until you end up in the other endzone. About 25000 miles gets it done.
Reply/Quote