2. DE jayson Oweh
3. C Quinn Mienerz
4. OG Kendrick Green
5. CB Rodarius Williams
6. DT Bobby Brown
7. OT Alaric Jackson
7. RB Brian Robinson Jr
Reply/Quote
Only because of the challenge of the title, I'll disagree. It looks like the mock was built backwards. Like if Green and Mienerz are still there, they can afford to take WR #2. The issue is, I can't see them taking yet another target before addressing either one of the lines until the 3rd. If you worked in some sort of trade (down to #7 and still getting Pitts) I'd consider taking Marshall, only because you'd have another 2nd or 3rd or could move up in the 2nd to gain a OL.
Reply/Quote
This mock addresses almost every need. Quinn starts at center. Green starts at guard. With Jonah Spain Meinerz green and Reiff, the line is stacked and solved with power and potential. Both green and Meinerz are selected in their respected projected rounds. I’m all in on Sewell at 5 but this is just another option that stacks offensively in regards to weapons while still loading the offensive line and D line. Cameron sample is no joke and Bobby brown is a force in the middle with excellent 3/4 size to play up n down the line boasting a solid pass rush too. It’s not my ideal mock but imo it attacks all the spots necessary to make everyone happy lol I guess my question is. By to weapons heavy early where do u think in regard to this draft to we miss out or are left empty handed at a position. Where’s ur concern? They addressed the defensive line in FA by adding Hendrickson and Ogunjobi adding brown and sample solidifies that. We added Reiff while also in this drafted added the second best center in the drafted maybe the top center along with an explosive agile powerful guard in green. I think the draft falling this is def positive. Not my first choice but I don’t think it leaves the bengals up a creek without a paddle at any position.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 09:53 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: This mock addresses almost every need.  Quinn starts at center.  Green starts at guard.  With Jonah Spain Meinerz green and Reiff,  the line is stacked and solved with power and potential.  Both green and Meinerz are selected in their respected projected rounds.  I’m all in on Sewell at 5 but this is just another option that stacks offensively in regards to weapons while still loading the offensive line and D line.  Cameron sample is no joke and Bobby brown is a force in the middle with excellent 3/4 size to play up n down the line boasting a solid pass rush too.  It’s not my ideal mock but imo it attacks all the spots necessary to make everyone happy lol I guess my question is.  By to weapons heavy early where do u think in regard to this draft to we miss out or are left empty handed at a position.  Where’s ur concern? They addressed the defensive line in FA by adding Hendrickson and Ogunjobi adding brown and sample solidifies that.  We added Reiff while also in this drafted added the second best center in the drafted maybe the top center along with an explosive agile powerful guard in green.  I think the draft falling this is def positive.  Not my first choice but I don’t think it leaves the bengals up a creek without a paddle at any position.

My concern is the mindset in the 2nd after taking Pitts without adding a pick.  Built backwards means the end product looks great because you look at ideal fits falling to later rounds, which justifies taking the guys you did in the first two.  It sounds great but as a plan it means things have to break perfectly for Cincy especially since they don't normally deal future picks to move up for a player....which they may have to do for both Green and Meinerz but that's my opinion, Green for sure. 

So as much as I love Marshall as the pick in the 2nd (have him in my only mock) it's as simple as this.  Can Cincy justify taking him in the 2nd if they haven't addressed either line in the draft?  Getting the remaining picks would be fortunate and great but I don't like planning for fortune.  If the Bengals did better in FA, I'd be fine with the picks. I don't like leaning toward need but it's a reality.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 10:54 AM)phil413 Wrote: My concern is the mindset in the 2nd after taking Pitts without adding a pick.  Built backwards means the end product looks great because you look at ideal fits falling to later rounds, which justifies taking the guys you did in the first two.  It sounds great but as a plan it means things have to break perfectly for Cincy especially since they don't normally deal future picks to move up for a player....which they may have to do for both Green and Meinerz but that's my opinion, Green for sure. 

So as much as I love Marshall as the pick in the 2nd (have him in my only mock) it's as simple as this.  Can Cincy justify taking him in the 2nd if they haven't addressed either line in the draft?  Getting the remaining picks would be fortunate and great but I don't like planning for fortune.  If the Bengals did better in FA, I'd be fine with the picks. I don't like leaning toward need but it's a reality.

Ahhhhh I got you and yes The chips would all have to fall perfectly for this draft to happen. I’d prefer to go Sewell Marshall jr then either Meinerz in the third of best defensive end/edge rusher available...
Reply/Quote
I'd be okay with this.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 10:54 AM)phil413 Wrote: My concern is the mindset in the 2nd after taking Pitts without adding a pick.  Built backwards means the end product looks great because you look at ideal fits falling to later rounds, which justifies taking the guys you did in the first two.  It sounds great but as a plan it means things have to break perfectly for Cincy especially since they don't normally deal future picks to move up for a player....which they may have to do for both Green and Meinerz but that's my opinion, Green for sure. 

Watch them

They'll take Chase in one, and there will be an OL run at the end of round one and into round two (there is a ton of OL needy teams picking there) and some defender will fall to them at 38 or maybe even another top WR and the "value" will be too high to pass.

The truth is simply this, if they are worried about the line, they take Sewell. If they pass on Sewell they don't think the line is an issue and will probably wait till round 3 or 4 to address it. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them go Chase and then get Marshall in 2 since the he'll be there and the "value" or "BPA" comes into play. Or, Chase followed by Barmore for the IDL or one of the edge guys or CBs that fall. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 12:17 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: 1. TE Kyle Pitts
2. WR Terrance Marshall Jr
3. C Quinn Mienerz
4. DE Cameron Sample
5. OG Kendrick Green
6. DT Bobby Brown
7. OT Alaric Jackson
7. RB Brian Robinson Jr

I like this.

Because I like it, I'm going to nitpick it just a bit.
Since Pitts can also play outside WR, I don't think a WR needs to be taken so early.
As such, I'd look to take an OL in Rd 2 that can start at G, and then take a WR in Rd 5 in place of Green.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I like this.

Because I like it, I'm going to nitpick it just a bit.
Since Pitts can also play outside WR, I don't think a WR needs to be taken so early.
As such, I'd look to take an OL in Rd 2 that can start at G, and then take a WR in Rd 5 in place of Green.

Makes sense actually....maybe the grimes kid from Florida late
Reply/Quote