Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake News Awards
I guess the ratings weren't good enough for a second season.   Smirk

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So, what's your point?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-11-2019, 09:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, what's your point?

It was a joke...about Trump...and his love of ratings...and his "fake news"...and....

I guess you just believe him.  Never mind.   Smirk
(01-11-2019, 09:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was a joke...about Trump...and his love of ratings...and his "fake news"...and....

To be fair, I didn't get this thread's meaning either.
(01-11-2019, 09:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: To be fair, I didn't get this thread's meaning either.

What Dino is trying to say is, “Build the wall!”

(01-11-2019, 09:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was a joke...about Trump...and his love of ratings...and his "fake news"...and....

Every item on that list is a perfect portrayal of exactly why the Pres. calls them "fake news".   Mellow 

The one omission that should have been near the top of the list?  The Time Magazine cover that portrayed Trump standing over the kid that was allegedly separated from it's mother.  

Back when I studied journalism, the ultimate betrayal of the public was to publish or air something that was known to not be accurate.  Seems like the standard for most news organizations, these days.  So glad that I rejected working for corporate media, and took a much less glamorous career path.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%...action.gif]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-11-2019, 09:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: To be fair, I didn't get this thread's meaning either.

(01-11-2019, 09:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What Dino is trying to say is, “Build the wall!”

(01-11-2019, 10:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: https%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%...action.gif]

See Trump was so fond of making fun of "fake news" he announced his own awards!  A year later he doesn't have the awards anymore.  Sad

No one remembers his award show?!?!

I suppose we could have another thread about him lying or about what he REALLY meant when he said Mexico would pay for the wall.

Back to your regularly scheduled arguing.  ThumbsUp
(01-11-2019, 10:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Every item on that list is a perfect portrayal of exactly why the Pres. calls them "fake news".   Mellow 

The one omission that should have been near the top of the list?  The Time Magazine cover that portrayed Trump standing over the kid that was allegedly separated from it's mother.  

Back when I studied journalism, the ultimate betrayal of the public was to publish or air something that was known to not be accurate.  Seems like the standard for most news organizations, these days.  So glad that I rejected working for corporate media, and took a much less glamorous career path.

Don't agree with that, but I want to ask something else.

What is the standard for the president of the US, the guy in charge of our national and economic security?