Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Everyone Against Building The Wall- Part 2
(12-26-2018, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: or you could also say it's not about me.

I give less than a damn if POTUS builds a wall, but many that voted for him do and he feels he owes it to those that put him in office.

Nah, it's just easier to make it personal. 

Sure thing dude.

I've seen all the post explaining why it's not gonna happen and why you oppose it.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
To the argument about Trump being elected and keeping a campaign promise/mandate by the voters. He isn’t the only person making this decision, voters also voted in Senators and Congressmen. This is a perfect example of our government practicing checks and balances and in that type of government, you don’t always get what you want.
(12-26-2018, 08:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Spending billions on a wall while have the illegal immigrants come here legally is like spending billions on a front door lock while leaving your back door standing open.

You've lost me. How can an illegal immigrant come here legally.

And at $5 Billion the wall will cost each household less than a good door lock. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-26-2018, 07:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To everyone against building the wall, are you also against people building walls around their property to keep it from being vandalized or to keep things from being stolen?

You lock your house doors at night and lock your car when you get out of it most places, so how's it different?

Actually, you should be more outraged if someone builds a wall around their property or keeps things locked up because that's just precautionary and hypothetical, whereas the wall is being built to stop things that are ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

With that kind of argument, one could also justify a wall around every city, every village, every county, every state, every everything.

And the assumption that Mexicans are more dangerous than everyone's neighbour is flawed.
(12-26-2018, 08:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sure thing dude.

I've seen all the post explaining why it's not gonna happen and why you oppose it.  Mellow

Never said I oppose it. So you've most likely not seen any. I did say personally, I could care less, but I support the desires of those that voted him into office.

Same reason you never saw me complain about the ACA

(12-26-2018, 08:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: To the argument about Trump being elected and keeping a campaign promise/mandate by the voters. He isn’t the only person making this decision, voters also voted in Senators and Congressmen. This is a perfect example of our government practicing checks and balances and in that type of government, you don’t always get what you want.

There was a republican on television over the weekend saying that the GOP needed to pass the funding for the wall, and democrats should support it too, because it was something DJT promised and since he promised it it must be done.

I wondered aloud if the GOP thought the same when Obama was trying to get the ACA through?  He ran on it and he won so why did they try and fight him on it?

Trump had two years to get his funding just like Obama had two years to get the ACA.  

Even Trump's own party was against what he wanted.
A minority of Americans elected the least qualified president in US history so we all need to get on board with supporting a government shutdown until we pay for a bunch of spiked poles all because he promised Mexico would pay for a wall.

I like how that's the solution, not him showing actual leadership and prioritizing a functioning government with bipartisan solutions over something that isn't proven to be a cost effective solution to a problem.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-26-2018, 09:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A minority of Americans elected the least qualified president in US history so we all need to get on board with supporting a government shutdown until we pay for a bunch of spiked poles all because he promised Mexico would pay for a wall.

I like how that's the solution, not him showing actual leadership and prioritizing a functioning government with bipartisan solutions over something that isn't proven to be a cost effective solution to a problem.

To the point that people say they are not even for it they just are for it because other people are.  People who voted for Trump...even thought they never voted for Trump.   Mellow
(12-26-2018, 09:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A minority of Americans elected the least qualified president in US history so we all need to get on board with supporting a government shutdown until we pay for a bunch of spiked poles all because he promised Mexico would pay for a wall.

Who the hell in this forum has said they support a government shutdown?

Are you spending the holidays with Dino?

(12-26-2018, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell in this forum has said they support a government shutdown?

Are you spending the holidays with Dino?

My name must taste good!

Where did he say "anyone on this board"?  Perhaps he meant DJT's solution.
(12-26-2018, 10:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: To the point that people say they are not even for it they just are for it because other people are.  People who voted for Trump...even thought they never voted for Trump.   Mellow

(12-26-2018, 10:19 PM)GMDino Wrote:
My name must taste good!

Where did he say "anyone on this board"?  Perhaps he meant DJT's solution.

Weird...I never mentioned anyone by name.  But you did.

In fact I was talking about what Pat wrote...not me.

Mellow

(12-26-2018, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...it's just easier to make it personal. 

Cool
(12-26-2018, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell in this forum has said they support a government shutdown?
I never made that claim.

By the way, Dino, you're free to come celebrate the holidays with me. We're a Hanukkah and Christmas house, so can you join us for either.

(12-26-2018, 10:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I never made that claim.
My bad. Obviously, you were just saying.  Making no inference to anyone in this forum. 

(12-26-2018, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My bad. Obviously, you were just saying.  Making no inference to anyone in this forum. 

I was referring to building a wall as the solution hence me ending it with "over something that isn't proven to be a cost effective solution to a problem"

(12-26-2018, 10:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I was referring to building a wall as the solution hence me ending it with "over something that isn't proven to be a cost effective solution to a problem"

I think we both understand why you worded as you did in this forum. No one has supported the shutdown

(12-26-2018, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we both understand why you worded as you did in this forum. No one has supported the shutdown

I'm sorry that my post bothered you as much as it did. 

(12-26-2018, 10:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm sorry that my post bothered you as much as it did. 

The post didn't bother me. The choice not to own it did. 

(12-26-2018, 10:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The post didn't bother me. The choice not to own it did. 

It must be frustrating feeling like someone doesn't take ownership of what they said.