Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Everyone That's Bitching About Spending 5 Big On Wall.....
(12-28-2018, 07:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: No doesn’t have to be a closed network. Jamming is the practice of using negative RF traffic to interrupt the signal back to the recording device. You run wired back to a hub that then moves it onto a cloud server where the heavy analytics are ran.

Edit: when I say closed I mean network isolated. It’s still going to be a network behind a firewall using point to point encryption between the cloud.

So this type of system cannot be jammed? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-28-2018, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So this type of system cannot be jammed? 

No, because the video isn’t being transmitted wirelessly.
This video gives some pretty solid reasoning as to why we need a wall.

Those are some pretty solid reasons and it sounds like the wall would pay for itself, why also keeping legal citizens safer.
Drugs come across the border at legal checkpoints. The wall will not stop that.

Most undocumented immigrants enter the country legally. The wall will not stop that.

The dollar cost amounts and crime rates are not really "facts". In fact we have had many discussion about the cost number he stated as a "fact".

If preserving "American culture" is the problem then we have to end all immigration even legal immigration.

Finally, and MOST IMPORTANT, no one is arguing for open borders. Everyone agrees we need to have borders. We just disagree on the methods and costs of securing those borders.
There absolutely should be a border fence, wall, barrier of some kind between us and the rest of the western hemisphere south of us, with an even more secure border in certain areas via technological means.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

I think we should leave this up to each individual state. States that want to do so can build walls around their borders and states that don't want to can opt out. That way we can all move some place that fits our desires.
I was just thinking to myself, you know what we need? Another Wall thread besides the couple already on the front page!
NPR had an interview with the Coast Guard Commandant this morning. I heard an interesting stat from him, that I had not heard before. The agency that has confiscated the most drugs in the history of the country, is the Coast Guard and it isn’t even close. He pointed out that they are stopping shipments weighed in tons, vs what is stopped at border crossing in ounces and pounds. Looks like instead of a wall, we need more Coast Guard funding and ships, who btw are not getting paid right now due to the shutdown. So, if the point of the shutdown is to reduce drugs, not paying the people that actually stop more drugs than anybody else, is a pretty silly way to show it.
But MEXICO is paying for the wall. The wall can't pay for itself.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-09-2019, 04:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: NPR had an interview with the Coast Guard Commandant this morning. I heard an interesting stat from him, that I had not heard before. The agency that has confiscated the most drugs in the history of the country, is the Coast Guard and it isn’t even close. He pointed out that they are stopping shipments weighed in tons, vs what is stopped at border crossing in ounces and pounds. Looks like instead of a wall, we need more Coast Guard funding and ships, who btw are not getting paid right now due to the shutdown. So, if the point of the shutdown is to reduce drugs, not paying the people that actually stop more drugs than anybody else, is a pretty silly way to show it.

We're gonna need a roof too to keep the drugs from getting in by airplane.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-soldiers-guilty-smuggling-cocaine-colombia-1282131?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&fbclid=IwAR3asC6KPIqSuZFLrjeUzqE0yQ3Lirx7zSsw7nvlvGZa1C6V_ldPzkhjea0

WORLD

Quote:Two American special forces soldiers have pled guilty to conspiring to transport $1 million worth of cocaine from Colombia to the United States aboard a military transport plane.

Former Master Sergeant Daniel Gould, 36, and Sergeant 1st Class Henry Royer, 35, who were both Army Green Berets, were caught when they attempted to transport 90 pounds of cocaine via a military aircraft last year, Army Times reported this weekend. According to the report, the soldiers had already successfully trafficked a large quantity of the illicit drug from the South American country in the past, selling it to a distributor in Florida.

Gould and Royer had previously transported 22 pounds of cocaine from the Colombian city of Cali to northwest Florida. They reportedly used a hollowed-out punching bag to conceal the drugs, which were transported to the U.S. In a bid to reinvest the money they made from the sale and make a larger profit, the two men attempted to traffic a larger quantity when they were caught.

Quote:[Image: cIX5e2m7_normal.jpg]
[/url]Adam Goldman

@adamgoldmanNYT

Two Army Green Berets plead guilty in plot to smuggle 90 pounds of cocaine from Colombia
Twitter Ads info and privacy

[Image: r863Fm0C?format=jpg&name=144x144_2]
Two Army Green Berets plead guilty in plot to smuggle 90 pounds of cocaine from Colombia
The two Green Berets had planned to smuggle 90 pounds of cocaine ― about $1 million worth ― on a military transport plane from Colombia to Eglin Air Force Base, Florida.
armytimes.com

70 people are talking about this

[url=https://support.twitter.com/articles/20175256]Twitter Ads info and privacy

“Suspicion was aroused at the United States Embassy when packages were X-rayed, revealing cocaine within gutted out punching bags,” a release from the Justice Department stated, according to the military newspaper.

The drug-trafficking soldiers now face up to 10 years in prison and will be sentenced on March 12.

Cocaine production remains a pervasive problem in Colombia despite decades of the government and the international community attempting to curb the trade. A report released in September showed that the illicit industry is booming and continues to grow. In 2017, approximately 423,000 acres of land—an increase of 17 percent from the previous year—were used to grow coca (the plant whose leaf is the main ingredient of the drug). The report estimated that this would allow for the production of about 1,520 tons of cocaine, or an increase of 31 percent from 2016.

In October, the International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC), a global coalition of 170 nongovernmental organizations working on drug policy issues, released a separate report pointing out that the global “war on drugs” had been a “spectacular” failure, leading to thousands of murders, public health crises and human rights abuses. International efforts to fight drug trafficking actually resulted in a 145 percent increase in drug-related deaths over the past decade, according to the IDPC.

Colombia’s President Iván Duque Márquez, who took office last summer, has vowed that his government would implement a new strategy to address the illicit drug problem in his nation. The South American leader met with his U.S. counterpart, President Donald Trump, in September to promote a new drug policy document that was signed by 129 countries.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
To answer the question. To boost my stock in drones and shovels of course.

There are pretty sophisticated barriers around prisons. Not to mention shitloads more security than border areas. Drones still can get drugs in.

Now this crazy talk about boat technology and people floating on water is just over my head. Don't see how that would enable anybody to enter the country illegally.

Don't get me started on how much money we need for the Canadian wall considering all the terrorist refugees going there and the fact more terrorists have come from there than the southern border.