Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone gets suspended
The NFL is getting their Oprah on and have handed out 4 suspensions in the past few hours.

Right now Sheldon Richardson, Rolando McClain, Datone Jones, and Antonio Gates have all been suspended the first 4 games of the year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 05:04 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The NFL is getting their Oprah on and have handed out 4 suspensions in the past few hours.

Right now Sheldon Richardson, Rolando McClain, Datone Jones, and Antonio Gates have all been suspended the first 4 games of the year.

Why are they suspended?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 05:29 PM)Bryan Wrote: Why are they suspended?

The usual substance abuse suspension. I believe Richardson's was because of marijuana, and Gates' was some supplement.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 05:29 PM)Bryan Wrote: Why are they suspended?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25231568/sheldon-richardson-suspended-4-games-for-violating-nfls-substances-of-abuse-policy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/02/nfl-suspends-rolando-mcclain-four-games/

http://thebiglead.com/2015/07/02/antonio-gates-suspended-four-games-for-violating-nfl-ped-policy/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000499902/article/packers-datone-jones-suspended-one-game

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
These guys are tested once a year, and they know it's coming!!!!  That level of stupidity is astonishing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So does this effect Gates HOF chances?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 02:09 AM)J24 Wrote: So does this effect Gates HOF chances?

Not necessarily a bad thing for us considering game against the Bengals is one of the first 4 Gates is going to miss. That's a pretty big weapon snatched away from Rivers.
Reply/Quote
I guess those in Colorado still cannot smoke pot even though it is legal like alcohol? Might as well just cancel the first 4 games every year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 10:44 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I guess those in Colorado still cannot smoke pot even though it is legal like alcohol? Might as well just cancel the first 4 games every year.

That is lame logic.  Would you also want pilots, surgeons, judges, etc., etc. all smoking weed?

If their employer mandates no weed, then they are free to find another job..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 10:44 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I guess those in Colorado still cannot smoke pot even though it is legal like alcohol? Might as well just cancel the first 4 games every year.

Players are not even tested during the season.  They can smoke all the weed they want from the start of training camp until about a month before the Super Bowl.  The only ones who get in trouble during the season are the ones that get caught possessing it or smoking it out in public.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 12:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Players are not even tested during the season.  They can smoke all the weed they want from the start of training camp until about a month before the Super Bowl.  The only ones who get in trouble during the season are the ones that get caught possessing it or smoking it out in public.

For players not in the drug program, they're only tested once during OTA's and once at the beginning of camp. I'd say don't test for it at all, but if the league has knowingly made it easy to avoid failing a test might as well laugh at the players who managed to screw up bad enough to get caught.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 02:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: For players not in the drug program, they're only tested once during OTA's and once at the beginning of camp. I'd say don't test for it at all, but if the league has knowingly made it easy to avoid failing a test might as well laugh at the players who managed to screw up bad enough to get caught.

Right, it's more of a stupidity test than a drug test. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 02:38 PM)6andcounting Wrote: For players not in the drug program, they're only tested once during OTA's and once at the beginning of camp. I'd say don't test for it at all, but if the league has knowingly made it easy to avoid failing a test might as well laugh at the players who managed to screw up bad enough to get caught.
I thought they had to test because its against federal law? I don't think the NFL cares one way or another about weed.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
lol McClain's still dumb.

I could give Gates the benefit of the doubt, but why can't players just check to see if the substance is banned? Vets like him shouldn't be that lazy.
Reply/Quote
If you're dumb enough to fail a drug test that you know is coming, you deserve to be suspended.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is lame logic.  Would you also want pilots, surgeons, judges, etc., etc. all smoking weed?

If their employer mandates no weed, then they are free to find another job..

I see. A law prevents people from smoking weed? I wouldn't want them drunk either. Off the job is no big deal.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote