Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone needs to see this
I was going to post this in the PSA thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread:

Reply/Quote
Just watched this on my phone while driving
Reply/Quote
Hopefully with things like voice to text and being able to hook your phone up to your car via bluetooth can be the happy medium between safety and connectivity. A very real problem that society has actually done a great job of, imo, recognizing so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ignorance is bliss for some.
Driving is serious business and requires full attention.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 01:54 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Ignorance is bliss for some.
Driving is serious business and requires full attention.

Who cares? Alot more fun to live life on the edge
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 06:06 PM)Gohards Wrote: Who cares? Alot more fun to live life on the edge

It's not fun for the family and friends of the innocent victims impacted by inattentive idiots.
I know you were just kidding about fun on the edge and not caring for others. :jk:
Reply/Quote
I bitched so much about other people on their phone while driving i do a pretty good job of not being one of them.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 12:56 PM)treee Wrote: Hopefully with things like voice to text and being able to hook your phone up to your car via bluetooth can be the happy medium between safety and connectivity. A very real problem that society has actually done a great job of, imo, recognizing so far.

The thing about that is, though, that even that is distracted driving. Carrying on a conversation while driving can be a distraction even when the person is in the car and you aren't having to fiddle with the button to adjust the volume or answer the call. I'm as guilty of answering my phone via BT in the car as anyone, but it is still distracted driving.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 06:06 PM)Gohards Wrote: Who cares? Alot more fun to live life on the edge

id be okay with it if they were just killing themselves but they are crashing into other people
Reply/Quote
I get that texting and driving is bad, which it is, but why isnt a bigger issue made about the car companies and their implementation of touch screen systems in the dash boards of vehicles?

My wife has one and I swear, when I drive her car it can be just as distracting at times as looking at my phone. You have to go through multiple menus just to get where you want to go.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I get that texting and driving is bad, which it is, but why isnt a bigger issue made about the car companies and their implementation of touch screen systems in the dash boards of vehicles?

My wife has one and I swear, when I drive her car it can be just as distracting at times as looking at my phone. You have to go through multiple menus just to get where you want to go.

I have to agree. Car companies have done so many things that makes distracted driving even more likely. I usually don't use my iPod in the car unless my wife is with me, or else I will set it up while parked, because it takes so much attention to do anything.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
too much technology not enough smarts to use it. it goes off like a broken record in my head. too many idiots not enough repairmen.
Reply/Quote
Damn.

Reply/Quote
I make a habit of honking and screaming g out my window when I see people staring at their phones while driving. Honestly not sure which is worse or more distracting, but I feel like I've communicated it as well as this PSA at times. Doesn't matter though. We're ******.
Reply/Quote