Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Bengal Bodine gets a shot a Super Bowl
Pats trade for Russell Bodine. Do the Pats see something the Bengals did not?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001045773/article/patriots-trading-for-bills-center-russell-bodine
Reply/Quote
The Patriots have made a few trades recently for O line players. Yesterday they made a trade with the Ravens for a guard and a trade with the Cardinals for a tackle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 04:27 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Pats trade for Russell Bodine. Do the Pats see something the Bengals did not?

Definitely.

That is why Bodine will not be the Pats starting center.
Reply/Quote
What if Bodine's whiff block is what leads to the end of Brady's career.

Interesting thought.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
You're all missing the big picture. Bodine was simply holding out on the Bengals and Bills in hopes of getting sent to NE where he could show off his true self. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He'll get hurt. Spend the season on IR and then gloat about his ring.

See: Jeremy Hill
Reply/Quote
Well that didn't last long, Pats released Bodine.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/06/report-patriots-releasing-russell-bodine/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
easy come easy go

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Former Bengal Russel Bodine was acquired by the Pats for a 6th round pick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27551691/source-patriots-releasing-bodine-week

He lasted 1 week, he was cut already. Pats have more hits than misses and they are aggressive, but they also do miss.

I know some of our fans think the Bengals miss everything and others hit with every decision.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Don't you remember? When they were trading for all those back of roster guys last week it meant Bengals are horrible because they didn't?

It's almost like someone pointed out historically the Patriots do this every year and it usually never works....weird
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't you remember? When they were trading for all those back of roster guys last week it meant Bengals are horrible because they didn't?

It's almost like someone pointed out historically the Patriots do this every year and it usually never works....weird

Yep!

It is like BB makes moves these type of moves based on quantity and not quality, hoping he hits the big one.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep!

It is like BB makes moves these type of moves based on quantity and not quality, hoping he hits the big one.

Patriots already had 9 picks in the 2020 draft and are expecting as many as three compensatory picks.

Why not take a flyer that cost a sixth rounder.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Patriots already had 9 picks in the 2020 draft and are expecting as many as three compensatory picks.

Add in the fact his drafting is below average in general and it makes sense. As much love as Belicheck the Coach gets, and is deserved, Belicheck the GM has been pretty over rated especially when it comes to drafting. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Patriots already had 9 picks in the 2020 draft and are expecting as many as three compensatory picks.

You mean having a lot of picks and using the later round picks as trade bait is a viable solution for building your roster.

I agree and we did some of it last year moving around in draft using our extra picks. I hope we are watching and learning, I was not saying it was a bad idea, I was saying BB is not perfect either and Bodine well, is just not a good center as we all know.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote:  As much love as Belicheck the Coach gets, and is deserved, Belicheck the GM has been pretty over rated especially when it comes to drafting. 

(09-06-2019, 01:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was not saying it was a bad idea, I was saying BB is not perfect

Agree.  I have said this before.  Remember Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree.  I have said this before.  Remember Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco?

There is a massive list of similar things. Every year he trades for a no name TE that never works out. He just dumped a 2nd round pick from last year. They have whiffed at least at league average or below on 1st round picks. Just one of those things where winning has really sheltered him from criticism as a GM.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree.  I have said this before.  Remember Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco?

It's utterly not true though because BB knows how to fail gracefully. The Bengals refused to remove Bodine from his starting position for four years, while BB wouldn't even let him stay in the building for more than a week. Their trade downs and aggressive low-ball trades are a large part of their sustained success. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is a massive list of similar things. Every year he trades for a no name TE that never works out. He just dumped a 2nd round pick from last year. They have whiffed at least at league average or below on 1st round picks. Just one of those things where winning has really sheltered him from criticism as a GM.

Yeah, that's...kind of how it works. You win as much as he does, you don't get criticized as much. He makes moves to continually try to imporove. He doesn't draft and start guys way longer than he should, over and over. 

If you swing a lot, you're going to miss a lot.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 11:55 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well that didn't last long, Pats released Bodine.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/06/report-patriots-releasing-russell-bodine/

They did say they might be bringing him back...
Reply/Quote
 Bodine gets to put this on a constant loop on his TV the rest of his life.. 

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote