Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSU Football
Their D doesn't look very good.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even though he didnt blow up the game I really liked OSU's Running Back Miyan Williams.

The B1G took a huge hit with the Ducks over the Buckeyes but if Iowa State beats Iowa then it could possibly crush a B1G team in the CFB Playoffs.

Edit: Wish I was in Morgantown today.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The defense is flat out, turrible, by OSU defensive standards. The LBs are probably the weakest group I've seen in a long time, the pass rush was non-existent, and the secondary is really young.

But, the problems aren't limited to the defense. The offense boasts one of the best skills position groups in the country, but the OL is just, average. If the OL was up to standards, they likely could have put up 56 pts to overcome the poor defense, but alas..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Still can't get over the missed targeting call on the 3rd and 20 play with about 6 minutes left in the game where Olave got speared in the back helmet first. Inexcusable for that to not be reviewed. They may or may not have scored had that call been made but they would have had a dam good shot of tying it.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Overrated high school coach running the defense. Stick to recruiting. Should have already been ousted as DC. If Day keeps him, then it’s on him. And what’s with the constant substituting?

This is going to be a down year by Buckeye standards, and hopefully competing for a championship next year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 07:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Still can't get over the missed targeting call on the 3rd and 20 play with about 6 minutes left in the game where Olave got speared in the back helmet first. Inexcusable for that to not be reviewed. They may or may not have scored had that call been made but they would have had a dam good shot of tying it.

It did get reviewed and they called it no targeting. Would have been a huge call for OSU. I’m an Oregon fan and OSU had them on the ropes at that point. I’m not a fan of Anthony Brown, the Oregon QB, and he certainly disappointed late in the game. They needed plays and couldn’t get them.
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of the defense or the quarterback at this point. Pass rush is non existent and there just doesn't seem to be the usual group of playmakers in the secondary.

Stroud had a respectable stat line, no doubt, but I don't see him as the guy for that job. He looks scared back there and he's indecisive about committing to running when a lane is open and he has no option to throw to. I would not fear him as a runner if I had a quality athletic defense. He also missed some throws that a quarterback at that level needs to make, and he missed pretty badly. One was due to a slip on the crap turf, but the rest were on him.

I don't think he can continue to miss relatively routine throws if they don't manage to eek out wins, and he's in the unfortunate position of not having an elite defense to bail him out. They have 3 other highly rated quarterbacks there that they shouldn't hesitate to put in if things don't change.

As for the defense, I have a hard time believing the talent isn't there. Coombs got out schemed about as badly as I've ever seen outside of when they were just flat out overmatched with talent (Bama). They can't get by with Good Ol Boy hires and the buddy system against teams with the kind of talent that Oregon runs out there. People try to minimize the PAC 12 for some valid reasons, but at the end of the day Oregon still brings in some of the best recruiting classes in the nation. They got slept on because people lost respect for their conference as a whole, and Ohio Sate paid a high price for it.
Reply/Quote
Don't see a chance for the playoffs unless they turn that D around asap. Coaching was just pitiful against an offense like the Ducks.

Offense though I see them improving as year goes on. Stroud is obviously no Fields at this point, but Im not writing him off by any means since it was his second game so far.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote