So far probably no regrets.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 09:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Newman, Smith, Lamur   5-1
Sanu   4-3
Jones  4-3
Nelson  5-2
Hall  4-3

well Andre is on IR again, so theres that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 06:23 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: well Andre is on IR again, so theres that.

.... as well as Lamur being second team and Hall third team, but at least they are all on winning teams .... so far.
Reply/Quote
I think we are missing Reggie Nelson the most right now.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile...

[Image: hi-res-5ea13f739316c2a2ee086943d5b2425f_...h=420&q=75]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meanwhile...

[Image: hi-res-5ea13f739316c2a2ee086943d5b2425f_...h=420&q=75]

Forgot about Hawk.  Can't remember whether he chose the Browns or it was basically his only option.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 10:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Forgot about Hawk.  Can't remember whether he chose the Browns or it was basically his only option.

They offered more than Cincy did.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 12:30 PM)CoreyK Wrote: I think we are missing Reggie Nelson the most right now.

Wonder How Reggie feels about playing on the worst passing defense in NFL History.  Raiders are on pace to be the first team ever to allow more than 300 passing yards per game.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 10:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Forgot about Hawk.  Can't remember whether he chose the Browns or it was basically his only option.

Hawk was a big issue of debate. If I remember correctly Hawk was a RFA and we put the lowest Tender possible on him and the Browns signed him. If we would have put the next higher tender on him anybody that signed him would have owed us a draft pick.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hawk was a big issue of debate. If I remember correctly Hawk was a RFA and we put the lowest Tender possible on him and the Browns signed him. If we would have put the next higher tender on him anybody that signed him would have owed us a draft pick.

Facepalm 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wonder How Reggie feels about playing on the worst passing defense in NFL History.  Raiders are on pace to be the first team ever to allow more than 300 passing yards per game.

He's probably feeling pretty good sitting at 5-2. Thats the only numbers that matter. With Nelson its funny how 1 player cant make a team better but losing 1 player can sure make a team look bad.
Reply/Quote
Love me some Reggie. Miss him dearly.

Classy/Humble, not a loud mouth - just played his heart out and was a game changer IMO.
Reply/Quote

He followed the money.

Now he's living with his decision to get paid more to play for that trainwreck of a franchise.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wonder How Reggie feels about playing on the worst passing defense in NFL History.  Raiders are on pace to be the first team ever to allow more than 300 passing yards per game.

Probably the same feeling as knowing his team is atop arguably the best division in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Sanu   4-3
Jones  4-3
Nelson  5-2
Hall  4-3

[Image: no-ragrets-2.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sanu   4-3
Jones  4-3
Nelson  5-2
Hall  4-3

Smith is on IR. He's been terrible this season. Sure, not as bad as Ogubehi, but we clamor that we have to play our rookies/young players. Sometimes you have to let your 1st rounders play.

Lamur and Hall don't even start. Lamur is 2nd string. Hall is 3rd.

Sanu has 23 receptions for 258 yards and 2 TDs. Along with 13 first downs. Signed for 5 years, $32 million. $14 million guaranteed.
Boyd has 20 receptions for 245 yards with 0 TDs. Along with 13 first downs. Sgned for 4 years, $4.2 million.
And yes, Sanu was brought in to be their #2 WR. And he's 3rd in the receiving category on the team, behind Coleman. A RB.

The only 3 that contribute to their team are Newman, Nelson, and Jones.
Newman was let go because of his regressing play. Honestly, what he's doing now is pretty crazy.
Bengals re-signed Shawn Williams to a starter contract, so that meant good-bye Nelson because he wasn't going to make the same money here.
Jones wanted to be a #1. He would probably have a little bit better numbers than LaFell right now. But since being a #1 he's top 5 in receiving yards, tied for 7th in TDs. He has more receiving yards than Cooper, Landry, and AB. Only has 7 yards less than OBJ.

Sometimes players move on. The season isn't over for anyone. Some of those teams will fail to make the playoffs, some will make it. You can't keep living in the past. Smith, Lamur, Sanu, and Hall wouldn't make us a better team.

One can debate on Nelson and Jones. But the rest would not have made us a better team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hawk was a big issue of debate. If I remember correctly Hawk was a RFA and we put the lowest Tender possible on him and the Browns signed him. If we would have put the next higher tender on him anybody that signed him would have owed us a draft pick.

I believe the difference in tenders was $700K. If anyone would've offered him a deal under that tender, it would've been a 2nd round pick in return.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Yup, it was like 700k more to give him a 2nd round tender if I remember properly.

Then the Bengals declined to match the Browns offer so they got neither the player nor the pick.

Can't even blame Hawk. 1yr/$1.4m or 4yr/$14m with $6.8m guaranteed isn't even a question. "Chasing the money" is turning down 5yr/$30m from a winning team to get 5yr $40m from a losing team. 

What Hawk did was just the only logical choice. Even more so considering his advanced age when he got into the NFL and what he did while trying to make it. (Worked as a caddy, slept on friend's couches.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 09:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He followed the money.

Now he's living with his decision to get paid more to play for that trainwreck of a franchise.

Meh, it's not like he left the Patriots to play for the Browns, and we don't even have a playoff win to rub in his face, yet.  But seriously, what are we up to that should make a man regret leaving for tens of millions of dollars?

(10-28-2016, 05:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What Hawk did was just the only logical choice. Even more so considering his advanced age when he got into the NFL and what he did while trying to make it. (Worked as a caddy, slept on friend's couches.)

I worked with Hawk's schoolyard chums and his brother when he got that big contract with the Browns and I assure none of them were trying to talk him into staying with the Bengals so he could feel the glory of regular season wins over the big payout.  As fans we seem to really overestimate how close the Bengals are to the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Seahawks, Packers etc franchises when it comes to taking a cut to contend and possibly win it all.
Reply/Quote
Sanu   4-3
Jones  4-3
Nelson  5-2
Hall  4-3

You forgot Cobi Hamilton being in first place in the AFCN...

But realistically drop Newman from the list (as he has been gone for a few years).  That would be 6 of 53 players who moved on, or 11% of the roster.  Add Gilberry and you're at 13%.  And these weren't bottom of the roster guys, these were guys on the active 45. In essence 15.5% of the starters and regular contributors in sub packages.

Of course we'll have some bumps along the way transitioning from those guys, but now isn't the time to analyze it.  At the end of the season is when the comparisons can be made.
Reply/Quote