Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Bengals had a pretty good night recieving
Not saying I think we need any of them back -- our TEs will get healthy and we seem to have found some new young talent at WR, but still interesting to notice.

Name.................Team...Recs...Yards
Orson Charles......DET......4........40
Marvin Jones........DET......4........65
Cobi Hamilton.......PIT......4........44
Mohammed Sanu..ATL......3........45

And technically (even though he didn't play WR for us)

Terrelle Pryor........CLE......1........50T

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lets wait until the regular season. Preseason means nothing.
Reply/Quote
Orson was a guy I had high hopes for and thought he was destined to blossom right before he got in trouble off the field and that seemed to seal his fate.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Orson was a guy I had high hopes for

Same here.
Reply/Quote
To be fair.....MLJ was matched up against DreK for most of his snaps, so of course he had a good night.  When he lined up over 24, he was shut down.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I might go see if MLJ is still available in any of my fantasy leagues....
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 04:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lets wait until the regular season. Preseason means nothing.

True true.

Another two names from years gone past: Jerome Simpson had a few catches last week for the 9ers I think. And Andre Caldwell is injured but still with Denver I think? Dude has a Superbowl ring now though. 

Not a WR but Terrence Newman apparently has a picture of himself aging in an attic somewhere because he's still playing for the Vikes? Did he play last week and I just missed him? Anyways he got a couple of tackles last night. And Jonathan Joseph had a pass defended in week 1, so he's still got it.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 11:03 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: True true.

Another two names from years gone past: Jerome Simpson had a few catches last week for the 9ers I think. And Andre Caldwell is injured but still with Denver I think? Dude has a Superbowl ring now though. 

Not a WR but Terrence Newman apparently has a picture of himself aging in an attic somewhere because he's still playing for the Vikes? Did he play last week and I just missed him? Anyways he got a couple of tackles last night. And Jonathan Joseph had a pass defended in week 1, so he's still got it.

ThumbsUp  Nice Dorian Gray reference.   Logged in just to say that, ha! 
Reply/Quote
Yep, hated to see Marvin Jones leave.

Him, AJ, and Boyd would have been sweet.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, hated to see Marvin Jones leave.

This
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 04:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Lets wait until the regular season. Preseason means nothing.

Unless it's a Bengals guy, then they're HOF bound, am I right?!
But seriously, Marvin Jones did it against our starters so not sure what preseason vs regular would change against that. I'm sure the defense is playing just as hard and wanted to shut him down. I didn't watch any of the other games, but I assume at least Sanu was going against starters as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 03:45 PM)Sweetness513 Wrote: Unless it's a Bengals guy, then they're HOF bound, am I right?!
But seriously, Marvin Jones did it against our starters so not sure what preseason vs regular would change against that. I'm sure the defense is playing just as hard and wanted to shut him down. I didn't watch any of the other games, but I assume at least Sanu was going against starters as well.

The only things starters try to do in preseason is try not to get hurt. Most starters don't go 100%, and there is no game plan. Preseason means nothing. You have to wait until people actually start to play against each other.
Reply/Quote
Jones is a good player when he's on the field. I guarantee he will be injured and miss games. He can't stay healthy and when your paying out that kinda cake you need to be on the field!
Reply/Quote
It seemed to me like one of Marvin's receptions was pretty clearly not a catch. On the long catch down the sideline after possession he got one foot down but pretty clearly not the second.

I hated to lose Jones but it sounded like they made him a fair offer.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 05:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: Jones is a good player when he's on the field. I guarantee he will be injured and miss games. He can't stay healthy and when your paying out that kinda cake you need to be on the field!

I'm just glad he's no longer catching the ball by diving head first into the turf. I sincerely like the guy and was always worried about when his next concussion would be. 

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 08:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Orson was a guy I had high hopes for and thought he was destined to blossom right before he got in trouble off the field and that seemed to seal his fate.

The F.O. never gave him a fair shake as a TE. We drafted Eifert the year after Orson and with Gresham in the fold as well they tried to move him to FB and when that didn't work they never moved him back to TE they just cut him. We ended up cutting John Connor too in the process trying to force Orson into the FB role so it was just a disaster all around.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, hated to see Marvin Jones leave.

I agree, but I doubt we would have drafted a WR in the second round to replace just Sanu. More likely would have been AJ, MLJ and Cody Core.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 07:57 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The F.O. never gave him a fair shake as a TE. We drafted Eifert the year after Orson and with Gresham in the fold as well they tried to move him to FB and when that didn't work they never moved him back to TE they just cut him. We ended up cutting John Connor too in the process trying to force Orson into the FB role so it was just a disaster all around.

True.  And Orson had something like 10 receptions  from 10 targets...nothing hit the ground.  He was also a beast on the TE screen, which if I haven't said for the past week....is still my favorite play.  
Reply/Quote
I'm glad Sanu and Jones are doing well. I like to see ex-Bengals succeed. But, not against us. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2016, 12:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep, hated to see Marvin Jones leave.

Man that would be nasty although our offense with that linup still would be rated lower than steelers... Sorry off topic if we had done that then iloka and reggie walk and leaves us with no starting safties as much as i would have loved that i think long term it was better for the franchise even though we offered him the same deal
Reply/Quote