Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-White House stenographer: Trump is ‘lying to the American people’
I know this isn't "news"...we all admit that Trump lies almost constantly.

Just nice to hear it from someone who was responsible for trying to get the facts/truth right for the president.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/397600-ex-white-house-stenographer-trump-is-lying-to-the-american-people

Quote:A White House stenographer says she resigned over the Trump administration's lack of respect for her office after President Trumpreduced the roles of the White House position.

Beck Dorey-Stein, who worked as a stenographer for the White House during the second half of the Obama administration, told CNN's New Day on Wednesday that Trump's refusal to allow stenographers in the room for meetings and interviews with some journalists crossed a line.

"I quit because I couldn't be proud of where I worked anymore," Dorey-Stein said. "I felt like President Trump was lying to the American people, and also ... not even trying to tell the truth. He wasn't even going the extra mile to have the stenographers in the room"

In an op-ed for The New York Times, Dorey-Stein added that Trump's dislike for microphones "near his face" resulted in her office having less access to the Oval Office, in many cases resulting in no stenographer being present for press conferences or meetings.

"In my five years with President Barack Obama, off-the-record discussions with reporters happened after work hours — not for an hour in the middle of the work day, and certainly not before an interview," she said, speaking of Trump's off-the-record conversation with former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly.

"Mr. Trump likes to call anyone who disagrees with him 'fake news.' But if he’s really the victim of so much inaccurate reporting, why is he so averse to having the facts recorded and transcribed?"

Dorey-Stein chalked up Trump's hesitation to utilize the stenographer's office to his administration's unwillingness to adequately learn about the position during the transition period last year, as well as the Trump team's lack of contact with Obama staffers during the move.

"Perhaps he didn’t fully understand the role of the stenographer. That would make sense, since his administration had rebuffed every invitation from the Obama transition team during an inherently stressful time, including to learn how to keep the lights on," she wrote.

Trump was heavily criticized in British media after he gave an interview last week to the tabloid The Sun during his four-day stay in the United Kingdom, an interview that Trump later criticized as "fake news" after his remarks aimed at British Prime Minister Theresa May were widely reported.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders later clarified his remarks in a statement to The Hill.

“As he said in his interview with the Sun [May] ‘is a very good person’ and he ‘never said anything bad about her,’” Sanders said in a statement to The Hill. “He thought she was great on NATO today and is a really terrific person."

“He is thankful for the wonderful welcome from the Prime Minister here in the U.K.”
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
While I don't doubt the conclusion, if you're not there, how do you know he's lying?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-19-2018, 10:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: While I don't doubt the conclusion, if you're not there, how do you know he's lying?

Because he always lies.

It's not even a joke or debatable.  He just lies.

He doesn't want notes so he can deny the truth.
(07-19-2018, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because he always lies.

It's not even a joke or debatable.  He just lies.

He doesn't want notes so he can deny the truth.

So what I'm wondering then is why the stenographer is considered important.  Why doesn't Dino have an opinion piece saying "Trump is lying to the American People"?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-19-2018, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So what I'm wondering then is why the stenographer is considered important.  Why doesn't Dino have an opinion piece saying "Trump is lying to the American People"?  

Yeah, just another note from someone within the WH.

Just ignore it.

Thanks!
(07-19-2018, 10:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, just another note from someone within the WH.

Just ignore it.

Thanks!

Well if you would answer my first question we'd be doing fine.  How has she set herself apart from anyone else?  She says she was never there.   I said I don't doubt the conclusion, but she seems not much different than any other citizen in how she arrived there.

(07-19-2018, 11:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if you would answer my first question we'd be doing fine.  How has she set herself apart from anyone else?  She says she was never there.   I said I don't doubt the conclusion, but she seems not much different than any other citizen in how she arrived there.

I just skimmed the article but it seems like her assertion is that Trump doesn't like having people like her around to document what he says 
(07-19-2018, 09:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just nice to hear it from someone who was responsible for trying to get the facts/truth right for the president.

Looks like Trump is not the only one to not know what the role of a stenographer is.
(07-19-2018, 11:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I just skimmed the article but it seems like her assertion is that Trump doesn't like having people like her around to document what he says 

Yeah but that's not proof of lying.  That's secrecy which could of course be for bad reasons.  I was just hoping for a little more than 'I wasn't allowed in" as inner workings are always fun to read.  

(07-19-2018, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but that's not proof of lying.  That's secrecy which could of course be for bad reasons.  I was just hoping for a little more than 'I wasn't allowed in" as inner workings are always fun to read.  

Not to mention the fact that this stenographer was hired under Obama and is now quitting under Trump. I'm sure she's completely unbiased.  Whatever
(07-19-2018, 11:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Not to mention the fact that this stenographer was hired under Obama and is now quitting under Trump. I'm sure she's completely unbiased.  Whatever

That would carry more weight if peopled hired by Trump weren't also quitting under Trump. 
(07-19-2018, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So what I'm wondering then is why the stenographer is considered important.  Why doesn't Dino have an opinion piece saying "Trump is lying to the American People"?  

Well, isn't it always comforting to know that a stenographer agrees with you. Purely in principle.
(07-19-2018, 01:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, isn't it always comforting to know that a stenographer agrees with you. Purely in principle.

I'm more concerned with what the stenographer looks like.  That job should be 100% looks based.  You can bet Willy didn't have any ugos typing away.

(07-19-2018, 11:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That would carry more weight if peopled hired by Trump weren't also quitting under Trump. 

To me, that speaks more volumes than someone hired under Obama quitting under Trump.
(07-19-2018, 11:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if you would answer my first question we'd be doing fine.  

You're new here aren't you.

As to the OP: I've always found one-sided story to be one-sided.

Put I am sure Trump and his admin loves articles such as these. They cause things such as his words and action in Helsinki to get caught up in the white noise and the Villagers simply think to kid saw another fabricated wolf.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-19-2018, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're new here aren't you.

As to the OP: I've always found one-sided story to be one-sided.

Put I am sure Trump and his admin loves articles such as these. They cause things such as his words and action in Helsinki to get caught up in the white noise and the Villagers simply think to kid saw another fabricated wolf.

Hey what up?  I'm Mike.