Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Exactly what I been telling yall all along this defense is horrible!
(12-24-2023, 12:22 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I was simply stating how they have given Lou talent on his side of the ball whether it free agents or the draft..I get what you're saying that Lou's defense lost ogunjobi, apple who people never appreciated around here bell and bates..my frustration with is simple, we anticipated a drop off by my goodness nobody thought they would fall off a cliff this unacceptable, there's been no improvements from game 1 until now this is truly horrendous defense being played..

The Bengals have certainly tried to help Lou by using high round draft picks to replace the talent he has lost. The problem is just because you draft a player to replace a guy like Bates or Bell etc... doesn't mean the replacement guys are going to be at the same level of the guys you lost.

The Bengals could let both Higgins and Chase walk while drafting their replacement. It doesn't mean the offense would still be as good as they were with Chase and Higgins. It doesn't mean the players drafted would be at the same level as Chase or Higgins even if you used 1st round draft picks on their replacements. Lou didn't suddenly become a bad DC this year. He is missing some key players that were a valuable part of his defensive scheme.
Reply/Quote
I don’t like guys waiting until we lose to finally post their “see i was right” BS

You didn’t make one thread like this after a win

Just a bad look
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of talk about the defense but its not like the offense put them in a good position it was bad all the way around.

Offense led time of possession, passing yards, and first downs. Browning just kept giving them the ball after moving it. The defense was bad from the jump....TD on the second play. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The board undulates between fear on losing Lou and Callahan to a HC job, and saying they are the worst coaches in the NFL.

It's a riot! Hell, it's much better than social media. At least on here, most of the people think things through at least a little, know the franchise history, know the secondary is young, and have some reasons behind their opinions. I was arguing with a guy on FB earlier, dude said something about the secondary, I said something about the dline not helping them with any pressure, and that they were young. He asks "Who's young?" I say "the secondary". He laugh emojis me and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about. I say 3/5 of the back end is rookies/2nd year player. He laugh emojis again. I finally resigned because it was obvious I was "arguing" with a mouth breathing parrot/lemming. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:22 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I was simply stating how they have given Lou talent on his side of the ball whether it free agents or the draft..I get what you're saying that Lou's defense lost ogunjobi, apple who people never appreciated around here bell and bates..my frustration with is simple, we anticipated a drop off by my goodness nobody thought they would fall off a cliff this unacceptable, there's been no improvements from game 1 until now this is truly horrendous defense being played..

Yes. We expected a dropoff on the back end a bit....but the LB and dline play is what is concerning. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 12:27 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Just simply all around bad game from the Bengals.Disappointed.Little upset with the Offensive play calling,showing early on that they were terrified of Pittsburgh’s defense.

They knew the Bengals would bring a BUNCH of screens,and they read them well.Steelers we’re well prepared for this game.

We all knew this defense was struggling,but I have to admit,I didn’t think it would be this bad.Third string Quarterbacks shredded them for the second week in a row.They didn’t have an answer for the Vikings offense either.Had it not been for the turnovers,Vikings Offense would have put up at least 38 points on them.

Oh well,on to Kansas City.

Good point. They let Mullens go for over 300 and their third string RB post 100+.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of talk about the defense but its not like the offense put them in a good position it was bad all the way around
The offense put the Steelers back inside their own 15-yard line.  The defense gave up an 86-yard touchdown pass on the 2nd play from the scrimmage. I'm not exonerating the offense by any means, Jake throwing that interception in endzone was as boneheaded of a play that I've ever seen. But the Steelers managed multiple long drives and had multiple big plays that were all on the defense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I saw poor technique all around from the defense
Logan Wilson taking poor angles in pursuit
Defensive line standing straight up and getting
Blown backwards
Awuzie not even bothering to put
His hands in Pickens chest off the LOS.
Lou's 4 2 5 scheme Needs to be scrapped.
Did Hubbard even Make a play yesterday ?
Of course no contribution from the DEs
Other than Trey. Defense played soft yesterday
Reply/Quote
And they have spent so much draft capital selecting defensive players the last two drafts. I agree the defense blows and Lou needs to take the hit on the poor performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote