Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Examining the last Bengals/Raiders match up
this guy looks at the game tape from the game in Las Vegas, and also checks out the PFF scores

It was Burrow's worst graded game by PFF. And the Raiders blitz the least out of any team in the league. Essentially, they get great pressure from their front 4

[/video]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this guy looks at the game tape from the game in Las Vegas, and also checks out the PFF scores

It was Burrow's worst graded game by PFF. And the Raiders blitz the least out of any team in the league. Essentially, they get great pressure from their front 4

[/video]

Yup the more I rewatched this game the more nervous I got. I only hope it was poor play calling or our willingness to stick to the run (30 carries)

Not going to be a cake walk as some think... protect Burrow and hopefully zero turnovers is enough to advance.  Think I'm personally going to be pessimistic as the week goes on.. I don't want this season to end!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup the more I rewatched this game the more nervous I got. I only hope it was poor play calling or our willingness to stick to the run (30 carries)

Not going to be a cake walk as some think... protect Burrow and hopefully zero turnovers is enough to advance.  Think I'm personally going to be pessimistic as the week goes on.. I don't want this season to end!

even before I came across this vid, I knew this was a tough match up for the offense.

Joe FEEDS off the blitz. A team that can sack the qb with just 4 rushers is EXTREMELY dangerous. That's how Brady lost to the Giants

and Maxx Crosby will be going up against Isiah Prince. Riley Reiff couldnt even stop Crosby
Reply/Quote
I thought the Raiders pass rush was pretty anemic last night with the exception of a few Crosby plays. They also lost an interior defensive lineman, Darius Philon, who was having a great game. I think the present trajectory is more positive than it was last time, at least with respect to the Raiders defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:23 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I thought the Raiders pass rush was pretty anemic last night with the exception of a few Crosby plays. They also lost an interior defensive lineman, Darius Philon, who was having a great game. I think the present trajectory is more positive than it was last time, at least with respect to the Raiders defense.

the chargers line is much better than cincy's
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:12 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: even before I came across this vid, I knew this was a tough match up for the offense.

Joe FEEDS off the blitz. A team that can sack the qb with just 4 rushers is EXTREMELY dangerous. That's how Brady lost to the Giants

and Maxx Crosby will be going up against Isiah Prince. Riley Reiff couldnt even stop Crosby

The one thing that I did see that was encouraging is we did miss some big plays down the field that we have been making as of late.  

Raiders also had 7 penalties this game for 77 yards... Bengals only had 1.

My hope is the Bengals team we see now is different than week 11 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the chargers line is much better than cincy's

I wouldn't go that far.  I'd say they're about the same.  That right tackle is brutal though.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't go that far.  I'd say they're about the same.  

You are a giant homer
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:27 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The one thing that I did see that was encouraging is we did miss some big plays down the field that we have been making as of late.  

Raiders also had 7 penalties this game for 77 yards... Bengals only had 1.

My hope is the Bengals team we see now is different than week 11 

I think our play calling improved a lot since we last played the Raiders. I see Zac taking more shots down the field during the 1st quarter and not calling run after run after run trying to establish the running game. We are scoring quickly and getting the lead.

Our OL just played the Browns, who I think have a better DL than the Raiders. So, hopefully they learned something yesterday.

Come get your cold on Las Vegas, let's play this one outside. WHO DEY
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the chargers line is much better than cincy's

That's probably true, though I don't think it tells the whole story. The Raiders are an average pass rushing defense (21st in the NFL in total sacks). They've kinda trended down in this area as the season as progressed (sacks, opponent, result):

3, BAL, W
2, @PIT, W
2, MIA, W
2, @LAC, L
2, CHI, L
5, @DEN W
2, PHI, W
3, @NYG, L
0, KC, L
3, CIN, L
1, @DAL, W
1, WAS, L
3, @KC, L
0, @CLE W
2, DEN, W
1, @IND, W
3, LAC, W

2.62 sacks per game, first 8
1.56 sacks per game, last 9

I realize it's not all about sacks, and clearly the Raiders have talented players that will pose a threat. However, I don't view Las Vegas as a premier pass rushing team.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You are a giant homer

No, I'm really not.

Williams, Spain and Hopkins are solid.  The right side isn't as trustworthy.

Slater and Lindlsey are studs.  After that, theres not much to like.  
Reply/Quote
I think it is the Dec and Jan improvement we've seen in Joe Burrow that is the x-factor in the playoff game. He's been under pressure all season and as his knee improved he has dealt with it better and better. His accuracy under pressure has gotten better all season long. That Raider game was the first time all season that Joe went on a called run. He is moving around much easier now than he was in Nov. We saw him make plays in both the Baltimore and Kansas City games that he couldn't make even in Nov.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:59 PM)pally Wrote: I think it is the Dec and Jan improvement we've seen in Joe Burrow that is the x-factor in the playoff game.  He's been under pressure all season and as his knee improved he has dealt with it better and better.  His accuracy under pressure has gotten better all season long. That Raider game was the first time all season that Joe went on a called run. He is moving around much easier now than he was in Nov. We saw him make plays in both the Baltimore and Kansas City games that he couldn't make even in Nov.

I just damn sure hope Zac keeps doing what he's been doing the last couple weeks - putting the ball in Burrow's hands.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You are a giant homer

and Frank, often you are pretty darn negative.  Like now as you are pretty much posting why Bengals won't win.  And you post about what somebody in Las Vegas thinks, Frank, the Raiders play in Las Vegas, OK, Do You Follow.  Of course this Vegas guy is going to be all in on his Raiders. 

Look Frank, just stop calling all of us Homers for rooting for Our Bengals on all of your posts.  

The Bengals WON the AFC North, so Bengals can't be as bad as you always think they are.

GO BENGALS.  Beat Raiders and make Frank and others feel stupid for calling all of us Bengals Fans homers 

Tiger  Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup the more I rewatched this game the more nervous I got. I only hope it was poor play calling or our willingness to stick to the run (30 carries)

Anyone who thinks it’s going to be a cakewalk is really new to Bengal fandom. Must be nice to expect the best.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:05 PM)kevin Wrote: and Frank, often you are pretty darn negative.  Like now as you are pretty much posting why Bengals won't win.  And you post about what somebody in Las Vegas thinks, Frank, the Raiders play in Las Vegas, OK, Do You Follow.  Of course this Vegas guy is going to be all in on his Raiders. 

Look Frank, just stop calling all of us Homers for rooting for Our Bengals on all of your posts.  

The Bengals WON the AFC North, so Bengals can't be as bad as you always think they are.

GO BENGALS.  Beat Raiders and make Frank and others feel stupid for calling all of us Bengals Fans homers 

Tiger  Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger

im not really that negative. Saying the bengals o-line is AS GOOD as the charger's is just plain silly
Reply/Quote
If we lose to a team that lost at home to the Washington Semi-Pro Football Team, then we just ain't ready yet to burn Arrowhead to the ground. This should be a 2+ score Bengals' victory.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:13 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we lose to a team that lost at home to the Washington Semi-Pro Football Team, then we just ain't ready yet to burn Arrowhead to the ground. This should be a 2+ score Bengals' victory.

I think bengals win, but it's not going to be an ass whipping like you think

it should be a close game
Reply/Quote
Small ball, YAC, and running it down their throats seem like the way to mitigate their strengths on defense. Just keep the sticks moving. Chunk intermediate passes should replace the home run, blow the top off types of passes. They aren't great in the red zone. They seem to want to spread their DL out and rush from the ~7 gap to stop the pass.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:13 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If we lose to a team that lost at home to the Washington Semi-Pro Football Team, then we just ain't ready yet to burn Arrowhead to the ground. This should be a 2+ score Bengals' victory.

They also beat Dallas @ Dallas and we lost to the Bears and JETS, Jets, Jets, Jets. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote