Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Examining the last Bengals/Raiders match up
The only thing that makes me confident is Burrow has stated he likes getting a 2nd crack at a team after seeing how they play him. He mentioned how much he wanted another shot at Pittsburgh and Baltimore last season (he was much better against Cleveland the 2nd time - 400+ yds 112.5 rating).

He also wasn’t literally the hottest QB in the league coming into that 1st matchup. I think he’ll be much better this time around.

They absolutely can’t leave Prince on an island against Crosby though. If ever there was a time for Drew Sample to step up and prove his worth this is it. We need to see plenty of him on obvious passing downs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Fred Johnson should play behind Prince the entire game as an extra lineman.You control Maxx Crosby the entire game,and don’t turn the ball over,you win.
Reply/Quote
I think this is gonna be a tight game. Both teams have improved and are playing better that they were in the first meeting. Tee Higgins has really found his role in the offense and I'm also hoping Chase has another won't be denied type game. Prince on Crosby has me worried and we need to have a game plan to handle this situation. I'd like to see Chris Evans get a couple targets if he can get a good matchup.
Reply/Quote
^yes. Both teams have improved. This will be a good one for sure
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:48 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Fred Johnson should play behind Prince the entire game as an extra lineman.You control Maxx Crosby the entire game,and don’t turn the ball over,you win.

I don't really focus on the line or don't remember seeing Fred's scores when he's played RT. But he always seems to have a good game when he's in or doesn't stand out for negative reasons. 
Reply/Quote

Really good point on Tee.

Reply/Quote
1. Chase was in the middle of a massive slump at that time. We've since figured it out and Joe/Chase are rolling better than ever.

2. We were in Vegas last time.

3. We're down a guy on the o-line, but they're down a guy (at least) on their d-line.

Even with several things working against us, we still broke that game open and won big. I understand sweating over their ability to get pressure, but they should be sweating more.

We were able to dominate them on 3rd downs (8/16 to 1/7) and TOP on the way to a 32-13 win, in one of Burrow's worst games of his career. He ain't throwing for 148 yards on 29 attempts again. Bet on that. I think this game gets ugly for the Raiders.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: im not really that negative. Saying the bengals o-line is AS GOOD as the charger's is just plain silly

I’d say the Chargers starters are better as a whole, but their RG and RT backups who have been playing are easily as much of a liability as Prince has been. Crosby had 8 pressures against Norton in the 4th quarter alone (given, Raiders could tee off on the pass in that crazy game situation)
Reply/Quote
The X factor we forgetting is our defense, raiders are thin at WR. Waller stilling recovering from injury, Jacob playing hurt, Defense gave up 13 pts less than 300 yards,
I dont see enough firepower from Raiders even if they hold our offense down some, we play a 1 or less turnover game, we win this game.
Reply/Quote
For some reason, I am thinking that the guy that nobody is talking about is going to have a monster game. That man is Tyler Boyd. I just have a feeling they are gonna be all over Chase and Tee and Boyd is going to light them up. I think it will be just like last time, close until the end, and we put it away. It's been a long time coming....we are due!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this guy looks at the game tape from the game in Las Vegas, and also checks out the PFF scores

It was Burrow's worst graded game by PFF. And the Raiders blitz the least out of any team in the league. Essentially, they get great pressure from their front 4

[/video]

With the pending weather, this game could look completely different.  Rushing attacks could be the lead, but I sure hope that isn't the case.  If the boys are able to secure the ball, tackling guys like Chase, Mixon, and Evans on pass routes in space could be very challenging. 

On the other side of the ball, I hope the Bengals are able to punch the ball out a few times, and/or get an INT from pressure.  Do that, and they should walk away with this one.  Don't do that and this Raider team will be taking shots of their own.  They are also playing their best ball of the season.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 11:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Chase was in the middle of a massive slump at that time. We've since figured it out and Joe/Chase are rolling better than ever.

2. We were in Vegas last time.

3. We're down a guy on the o-line, but they're down a guy (at least) on their d-line.

Even with several things working against us, we still broke that game open and won big. I understand sweating over their ability to get pressure, but they should be sweating more.

We were able to dominate them on 3rd downs (8/16 to 1/7) and TOP on the way to a 32-13 win, in one of Burrow's worst games of his career. He ain't throwing for 148 yards on 29 attempts again. Bet on that. I think this game gets ugly for the Raiders.

Prince starting at RT is my biggest, and really the only concern I have...

Sounds mean to Prince, but when I look at how Crosby was destroying Storm Norton on that game Sunday night... I just don't want Joe taking the hits.  Would rather see a run-heavy game with some play action.  Weather could be a big impact as well.

That being said, I think it is HUGE that most of the offensive line got the day off and have had essentially a bye week.  

That isn't a small point.  Remember how lethargic the defense looked after three straight road games and then the first Browns game the following week?  The came back off the bye and smashed the Raiders and then pitt with their run.  I remember watching the offensive line just MAUL pitt's line.  

Raiders played an extra quarter in a late game Sunday and have to travel. 

I think this all bodes well for Cincy.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I think it's going to be a good one. Both teams are red hot coming into this game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
THis game will come down to one factor, our O-line vs their D-line.
If they overwhelmed us, it's over. If we control the line, we'll run the clock and win it.
Reply/Quote