Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excellent read from Brennan on Lewis
https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/brennan-lewis-is-both-the-best-coach-and-the-most-disappointing

This is extremely fascinating and think totally hits home. What do you think?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it's pretty accurate. But I've often wondered what would have happened if Palmer didn't get his knee blown out in 05 ? I don't mean just winning that game, I mean down the road.
Reply/Quote
He makes some points, though I don't know how different things would have been had they won the Jets game. I guess for me the Jets playoff game was crap on a stick, but the real turning point was the San Diego game. For me that closed the lid on the coffin of Marvin's career here. The Steeler loss in January 2016 just tossed the dirt on. He should have been fired the next day, and let this franchise move on in a different direction. Instead, Andy, AJ, Vontaze and company all just got two years older under this clown during two wasted seasons.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Marvin lost the team before the Pittsburg debacle, IMO. Anytime a player refers to a coach as a good players coach he has lost the team. And I believe that it was during the end of Ochos stay here... Lack of disciplime is a recipe for disaster... Period.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He makes some points, though I don't know how different things would have been had they won the Jets game.  I guess for me the Jets playoff game was crap on a stick, but the real turning point was the San Diego game.  For me that closed the lid on the coffin of Marvin's career here.  The Steeler loss in January 2016 just tossed the dirt on.  He should have been fired the next day, and let this franchise move on in a different direction.  Instead, Andy, AJ, Vontaze and company all just got two years older under this clown during two wasted seasons.

The playoff loss to San Diego really sticks out, in my mind as well.  We should have totally outmatched them and dominated.  The second loss to the Texans reeked of something not right, as well.  Easily catchable balls dropped left and right, a general lack of effort and enthusiasm.

I guess those same parallels can be drawn in most all of the big time games the Bengals have lost under Lewis' tenure.  Weather it be Monday Night, Sunday Night, Thursday Night, or even just hyped up showdowns with the Steelers, the team never seems ready to go.  Save for the playoff meltdown game in '16.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd just like to know if Brennan shared any of those opinions with the Bengals when he worked for them or just the typical "Yes" I would expect from another typical Yes Man working for the quintessential Yes Man organization.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'd just like to know if Brennan shared any of those opinions with the Bengals when he worked for them or just the typical "Yes" I would expect from another typical Yes Man working for the quintessential Yes Man organization.

Lol I’d venture to say that’s a big no. Same reason you don’t question why or when your boss asks you do anything. Or in this situation “why do you play favorites or coddle these guys” is a one way ticket to unemployment line. Mans gotta eat right?
Reply/Quote
Any good things Marvin ever did have been buried under a mountain of crap. This is the danger of staying too long without ever getting to the top. He wrote a nice legacy and then erased it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Lol I’d venture to say that’s a big no. Same reason you don’t question why or when your boss asks you do anything. Or in this situation “why do you play favorites or coddle these guys” is a one way ticket to unemployment line. Mans gotta eat right?

Yeah, remember what happened to Andy Furman when you dare challenge a player?
Reply/Quote
I think your thread may get merged with the other one about this article.  Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The playoff loss to San Diego really sticks out, in my mind as well.  We should have totally outmatched them and dominated.  The second loss to the Texans reeked of something not right, as well.  Easily catchable balls dropped left and right, a general lack of effort and enthusiasm.

I guess those same parallels can be drawn in most all of the big time games the Bengals have lost under Lewis' tenure.  Weather it be Monday Night, Sunday Night, Thursday Night, or even just hyped up showdowns with the Steelers, the team never seems ready to go.  Save for the playoff meltdown game in '16.

They were flat that game too....until the hit on Bernard woke them up.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nothing really revealing here. But I was surprised to see a “company man” acknowledge Marvin coddled our bad actors, which isn’t news either, it’s the source I find interesting.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I’m so happy OP posted this so I can look at another website.

I came here for news not to click on other stuff.

PLEASE POST CLIFFNOTES OF THE ARTICLE

Edit: news due to the headline of the thread. Not this website
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:08 AM)Utts Wrote: Nothing really revealing here. But I was surprised to see a “company man” acknowledge Marvin coddled our bad actors, which isn’t news either, it’s the source I find interesting.

Ditto. It's one thing for me or you to say "it certainly *seems* like he coddles players", but it's entirely different to hear a an inside guy say it...especially hearing reports here and there that guys don't like the special treatment some guys get. Imagine that doesn't make for a good locker room chemistry, which he also outlined.
Reply/Quote
This is a good point:
I’d even throw in Geno Atkins, whose implacable resistance to media responsibilities has been completely tolerated, which sets a bad example.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote