Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited about this draft class.We just got better dramatically.
(04-29-2017, 05:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF he turns into Leveon Bell...that would be GREAT. And I'll be rooting for Ross as hard as anyone.

Interestingly, we actually took Bernard over Bell that year.

My favorite pick is Lawson. I'm hoping they use him to rush the QB from the OLB spot. Other teams have these guys...why can't we?

DO YOU REALLY THINK THE BENGALS WILL ALLOW A PASS RUSHING LINEBACKER TO RUSH THE PASSER? LMAO Where have you been the last 17 years. 

What they going do with this guy is complain how he is poor in coverage and taking on blocks in the run game! NO WAY will we use a player in a situation where they could possibly flourish. No way! Now, if that guy was with Pittsburgh he would totally wreck our team on passing downs and us on jungle noise would just complain how we never send a tight end over to chip that pass rushing linebacker who keeps strip sacking Andy Dalton.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The bigger question you need to ask is when did we draft our last Pro Bowl player: That's 2013. Before that: 2011 in Green and Dalton.

The pro bowl is a joke.Its a popularity contest,,nothing .
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If being a backup CB that got beat out by Josh Shaw as the Nickle CB and is a gunner on special teams is a successful NFL player to you..
1- Shaw is way under rated.
2- Dennard playing  time with Marvins hard in to have our first round corners ride the bench is a positive.Doesnt define if he was a bad pick or not.I bet you thought the same about Kirkpatrick up until he owned AB.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:02 PM)Striped4war Wrote: 1- Shaw is way under rated.
2- Dennard playing  time with Marvins hard in to have our first round corners ride the bench is a positive.Doesnt define if he was a bad pick or not.I bet you thought the same about Kirkpatrick up until he owned AB.

It's not a positive when your 1st Round picks ride the bench for 3-4 years. We haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years. It's a blown pick.

Your 1st Round picks need to come in and start thus upgrading a position. When they sit the bench...your overall roster didn't improve.
Reply/Quote
I'm celebrating tonight! Drinking beer, wine and concoctions meant for the blind drunk guy at the end of the bar. Hells yeah!

Who Dey!

Bring on the season!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 05:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On paper, with the volume of picks we have...I think I'd rate this draft as a good one.

My concern is it will turn out like the Pollock/Thurman/Henry draft that looked like an amazing draft when it happened...then injuries and other issues ruined it. Hopefully that isn't the case.

I'm just so used to good things turning bad with the Bengals. This coaching staff does not like to play young players. That's going to be a big hurdle.

Guys like Vigil should have played last year. Guys like MJ played too many snaps too.
The Bengal FO did a bunch of non-Bengal-like things this year.

They cut Peko and Rey M.

They signed a FA in his prime.

They drafted a WR under 6".

In other words, they shook some things up.

So, maybe the next logical step is to play the young guys sooner than later.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:14 PM)McC Wrote: The Bengal FO did a bunch of non-Bengal-like things this year.

They cut Peko and Rey M.

They basically have to. If they don't...this will be a 5-6 win team.

Billings, Vigil, Ross, Mixon, and Jackson HAVE to play.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The bigger question you need to ask is when did we draft our last Pro Bowl player: That's 2013. Before that: 2011 in Green and Dalton.

We might have drafted a Proi Bowl player just last year.  You have no idea.

You can't judge a draft class after just one year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Your 1st Round picks need to come in and start thus upgrading a position. When they sit the bench...your overall roster didn't improve.

The roster still improves every year because you are getting the first round pick from the year before.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Your 1st Round picks need to come in and start thus upgrading a position..

Tell that to Marvin.His loyalty to players is unmatched.Even when trying to replace them drafting a guy when there not getting it done anymore he will STILL sit the guys drafted.Not the players fault our coach is a idiot in that fact and certainly not worth calling them wasted picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:14 PM)McC Wrote: The Bengal FO did a bunch of non-Bengal-like things this year.

They cut Peko and Rey M.

True that McC and they drafted a couple pass rushers under 6'6" for once.

Even though Willis is still pretty tall at 6'5" it shows we are not near as stubborn as we once were.

Lawson if used right could be great for us. Guenther adjusts, he is a good coach.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 05:12 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: DO YOU REALLY THINK THE BENGALS WILL ALLOW A PASS RUSHING LINEBACKER TO RUSH THE PASSER? LMAO Where have you been the last 17 years. 

What they going do with this guy is complain how he is poor in coverage and taking on blocks in the run game! NO WAY will we use a player in a situation where they could possibly flourish. No way! Now, if that guy was with Pittsburgh he would totally wreck our team on passing downs and us on jungle noise would just complain how we never send a tight end over to chip that pass rushing linebacker who keeps strip sacking Andy Dalton.

I think Lawson and Willis are hybrids, closer to a DE than a LB. Look at it this way, Willis and Lawson are both heavier than our MLB last year Rey. M, but have the speed of some WR's in the NFL (Willis faster than a lot of them as he ran a 4.51).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Lawson and Willis are hybrids, closer to a DE than a LB. Look at it this way, Willis and Lawson are both heavier than our MLB last year Rey. M, but have the speed of some WR's in the NFL (Willis faster than a lot of them as he ran a 4.51).

Willis is more of an End, Lawson is more of the hybrid IMHO.

Willis is 6'5" 255 and could bulk up a bit with long arms.

Lawson is shorter but both are great pass rushers and have great hands and know how to get off of blocks naturally.

Really happy with these two picks, cannot say enough about them. Physical is what these guys are.

The walking tree will be a rotational player soon enough.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not a positive when your 1st Round picks ride the bench for 3-4 years. We haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years. It's a blown pick.

Your 1st Round picks need to come in and start thus upgrading a position. When they sit the bench...your overall roster didn't improve.

The guy hasnt played a down or even had a training camp and you already have his career mapped.  You didn't like Ross before the draft and you don't like him now we get it thankfully you're a nobody and you have no impact on the draft.  So Troll every thread and spew your endless amount of negativity, but if this season proves you wrong I want you to leave these forums forever.  If it goes as you say than I will leave and never return.  I know you won't take this bet because this is your life and I don't need a bengals forum to have a reason to live. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Willis is more of an End, Lawson is more of the hybrid IMHO.

Willis is 6'5" 255 and could bulk up a bit with long arms.

Lawson is shorter but both are great pass rushers and have great hands and know how to get off of blocks naturally.

Really happy with these two picks, cannot say enough about them. Physical is what these guys are.

The walking tree will be a rotational player soon enough.

Kind of my point as MJ dropped in coverage a lot over his career and each year gets slower. Lawson and Willis will be better in coverage when asked to drop in coverage (Guenther and Zimmer love to use exotic coverage at times) which hopefully will help us improve the defense. I agree Willis can easily add 10 to 15 Lbs. and likely not lose much speed or quickness.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People say the same thing every year. Boyd was the only one who basically played last year.

People raved about Dennard...and he's been a special teamer.

You just never know what you're getting when you draft guys is all.

Literally...EVERY TEAM in the NFL's fanbase is happy today.

But in  2011 we got our starting QB and starting WR.  So it just depends.  I think Mixon will get a lot of playing time and Ross will start opposite Green because of the deep threat he poses.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: The guy hasnt played a down or even had a training camp and you already have his career mapped.  You didn't like Ross before the draft and you don't like him now we get it thankfully you're a nobody and you have no impact on the draft.  So Troll every thread and spew your endless amount of negativity, but if this season proves you wrong I want you to leave these forums forever.  If it goes as you say than I will leave and never return.  I know you won't take this bet because this is your life and I don't need a bengals forum to have a reason to live. 

Come on fellas, we have lost fans recently due to these types of bets or their statements.

How about we all rejoice if Pistons is wrong and he buys you a Sundae or a beer.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Come on fellas, we have lost fans recently due to these types of bets or their statements.

How about we all rejoice if Pistons is wrong and he buys you a Sundae or a beer.

Exactly, need contrast of opinion on here.

Would be no fun if everyone agreed all the damn time.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Kind of my point as MJ dropped in coverage a lot over his career and each year gets slower. Lawson and Willis will be better in coverage when asked to drop in coverage (Guenther and Zimmer love to use exotic coverage at times) which hopefully will help us improve the defense. I agree Willis can easily add 10 to 15 Lbs. and likely not lose much speed or quickness.

Yeah, all MJ is is a tall tree to have to throw over, he can't cover at all. Never understood these looks with THIS player.

Dunlap actually can do this and as you say, so can Willis and Lawson.

Willis reminds me a lot of Julius Peppers in his prime honestly. Lawson reminds me of a taller James Harrison.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, all MJ is is a tall tree to have to throw over, he can't cover at all. Never understood these looks with THIS player.

Dunlap actually can do this and as you say, so can Willis and Lawson.

Willis reminds me a lot of Julius Peppers in his prime honestly. Lawson reminds me of a taller James Harrison.

I would love our guys to perform at these guys levels. Is it to much to ask for Ross to be a faster A. Brown also?

Reply/Quote