Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good game but 34 total rushing yards
(09-08-2019, 11:01 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Alfred Morris was released yesterday in order to accommodate Zeke on the Cowboys roster. Perhaps we should take a look this week.

I honestly never want to see us run Gio up the middle on 4th and 1 again. that was a pathetic call.

We have Perine who is a short yardage guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have Perine who is a short yardage guy.

Was he even active today?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:26 PM)jason Wrote: Was he even active today?

Think he took a penalty on ST.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They were in base 71% of the time and to add into that they pinched the d line down and stacked the outside backers wide. They were committed to stopping the run most likely because all they heard was we were going to be like the Rams. My guess is when most teams personnel match (because they don’t have linebackers like Seattle) we will see much improved runninging.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:26 PM)jason Wrote: Was he even active today?

Yes, because I heard his name on ST's.  I believe he was getting flagged on a PR, the one where Erickson fumbled, I think.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hey, 34 yards rushing is lousy, no doubt about it. But at least we're not the worst rushing team in the division after week 1. The Steelers only managed 32 yards on the ground.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:45 AM)Ravage Wrote: Hey, 34 yards rushing is lousy, no doubt about it. But at least we're not the worst rushing team in the division after week 1. The Steelers only managed 32 yards on the ground.

Pitt gets Seattle next week also, FWIW.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:45 AM)Ravage Wrote: Hey, 34 yards rushing is lousy, no doubt about it. But at least we're not the worst rushing team in the division after week 1. The Steelers only managed 32 yards on the ground.

Got their ass handed to them. Love it.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have Perine who is a short yardage guy.

Or put Hubbard in at FB for short yardage.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:31 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: No team can prosper with that kind of stats.  Yeah the Seahawks didn't do much better with 72 yards rushing.  Overall I was impressed with the Bengals D and aggressiveness on offense but it is going to be a very long season if they can't run the ball.  Sure it was week 1, an extension of sorts from the preseason, but a team has to be able to run a bit better than that.

A carry over from Mike Brown & Marvin as the O Line has stunk last couple years.   So a struggling O Line against a tough Seattle D. The new coach is not happy with the O Line and is working on it.  The garbage he got from Mike & Marvin. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:51 AM)kevin Wrote: A carry over from Mike Brown & Marvin as the O Line has stunk last couple years.   So a struggling O Line against a tough Seattle D. The new coach is not happy with the O Line and is working on it.  The garbage he got from Mike & Marvin. 

For some weird reason you act like Taylor’s spokesperson lately, but as for not being happy with the OL, you’re wrong. He talked them up big time after the game. Said he was extremely proud of how clean they kept Dalton considering how many times he threw it.

Reply/Quote
I am more worried about the Redzone woes than lack of Running Game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:39 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am more worried about the Redzone woes than lack of Running Game.

hand in hand.  
Reply/Quote
I miss Zeitler. He gave our oline some teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They were challenging us to beat them in the air and stuffed the box. I saw one play where our oline opened up a huge whole and Wagner was just waiting there. It's going to take the fans time to adjust but it looks like we have a air-raid type offense. Perhaps why we put money into Gio

Thank you.  It was clear that the Seattle game plan was to stuff our rushing attack and make the Bengals throw the ball.  The weather would help them for about a quarter, and surely this team can't move the ball without AJ Green.  Well, the Bengals and their coaches answered with the right strategy.  Yes, it would have been nice if Gio ran with his eyes up a bit instead of right in to the back of Miller and got that key first down, but I have NO PROBLEM with the call or the idea of going for it.

If Marv was coaching the team this weekend, they would have been curb-stomped.  I will take this new coaching staff and the friggin fire I saw the defense play with any day and twice on Sunday.  
Reply/Quote

Thank you.  And how did Piggy do forced to go through the air without his clear #1 WR (Brown)?

27/47 276 yards  (5.9 YPA)  0 TD and 1 INT  QB rating of 65.6

Dalton in Seattle with poor weather for one quarter with no AJ Green and a backup LT?

35/51 418 yards (8.2 YPA) 2 TD and 0 INT

One guy was pretty good without a rushing attack, the other...not so much.  And he's fat.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote