Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excitement in the Jungle
(04-19-2020, 11:32 PM)jason Wrote: I dunno man... I guess numbers don't lie, but in 2013 alone the Colts beat the 49ers, the Seahawks (champions that year), and the Broncos who were dusting teams. Their division was sorta weak at the time, but they were beating good teams, and Andrew Luck was leading his team deeper and deeper into the playoffs early on before the injuries. In fairness; they'd turn around and get pummeled by lesser teams after beating the big boys that year. I remember we smacked them around that season.

AJ's gonna be raring to go this year. Really excited to see him and Burrow connecting. We're going to be seeing a lot of highlight reels.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be great to make it official Thursday, but Friday will really be the fun night for us I think. We usually do pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd so it could be a big night for us.

It is an exciting time. I know we had worst record in the NFL in 2020, but we had a ton of injuries and we were only blown out by a couple of teams.

I also love the fact we have 2 breaks and are in the #1 draft position. I could see us trade down in round or round 3 or round 4 after having time to access the situation on who is available.

We should have plenty of time to make great decisions and will control our player if available and if not trade down and get more picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 07:20 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Between being a work at home teacher and the fact I have been wanting Joey Burrow since October I am excited for the future of this team. A lot of us came from the original Bengals message board and thankfully this was created after that went away. I am ready for it to be OUR time!! We spent more money in Free Agency than I could have imagined. Happy draft week and Who Dey!!

Who Dey brother, been a while since I have seen you on here. Nice to see you again bud. Cool
Reply/Quote
Wow...less than two years ago from when I posted this thread talking about how exciting it was to be getting Joe Burrow and making a big turnaround. I would be lying if I thought we would have had already played in a Super Bowl (with so many chances to win it). Sure is fun to start winning again and knowing we have the guy we need at QB. Now go get some freaking Offensive Lineman in Free Agency!! Who Dey.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 09:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be great to make it official Thursday, but Friday will really be the fun night for us I think. We usually do pretty well in the 2nd and 3rd so it could be a big night for us.

I called this one. That 2nd day resulted in Tee Higgins and Logan Wilson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 11:16 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Wow...less than two years ago from when I posted this thread talking about how exciting it was to be getting Joe Burrow and making a big turnaround. I would be lying if I thought we would have had already played in a Super Bowl (with so many chances to win it). Sure is fun to start winning again and knowing we have the guy we need at QB. Now go get some freaking Offensive Lineman in Free Agency!! Who Dey.

Quite the ride since you started this thread no question. The excitement is real for sure now. We could of won the entire
thing if we had a decent O-line. Time to get the proven dudes to get us over the top. I am wanting Laken Tomlinson, Austin 
Corbett and Morgan Moses/Trent Brown right now. We will see how this evolves as FA starts but I am liking this OL...

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Morgan Moses/Trent Brown (if motivated to block for Burrow)

Have our young guys with potential in Carman, D'Ante and Trey Hill develop for another year and be good backups in case
of injury. Wouldn't mind adding another Center with potential in the Draft early either.

(03-02-2022, 12:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I called this one. That 2nd day resulted in Tee Higgins and Logan Wilson.

Great picks. Didn't expect Tee to be there when we picked and didn't expect us to pick Wilson that early.

We did the right thing. Cool

I did have at least one Mock with us picking both Wilson and ADG but they were switched around where we picked them.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 12:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I called this one. That 2nd day resulted in Tee Higgins and Logan Wilson.

Yes sir, you sure did. I was pumped when Higgins was still available but wasn't sure if they would take him. Wasn't as sure about Wilson coming from Wyoming but I remember when he was drafted and Daniel Jeremiah was like I think he will be one of the biggest steals of the draft in a few years and compared his talent to Luke Kuechly...I was like yeah I will trust DJ on that one.

Home run draft with those three picks alone but every single pick contributed to this team already and that is rare. Akeem Davis-Gaither was coming on this year before the injury, Khalid Kareem is a good rotational piece that made a huge play to beat Denver, Adeniji didn't have the greatest season but was coming off injury and was a starter the second half of the season, Markus Bailey has stepped up as a core special teamer and filled in at LB nicely when injuries have occurred.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am wanting Laken Tomlinson, Austin 
Corbett and Morgan Moses/Trent Brown right now. We will see how this evolves as FA starts but I am liking this OL...

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Morgan Moses/Trent Brown (if motivated to block for Burrow)

I think we are sharing a brain on this one. That is basically my dream scenario unless they trade for Tunsil for the line. I give the edge to Moses (hasn't been near as injured as Brown) as far as the RT I want. With the line improved the NFL draft becomes wide open.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:59 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I think we are sharing a brain on this one. That is basically my dream scenario unless they trade for Tunsil for the line. I give the edge to Moses (hasn't been near as injured as Brown) as far as the RT I want. With the line improved the NFL draft becomes wide open.

No doubt. Might not look at Moses or Brown though with a Tunsil trade.

The Tunsil trade is definitely possible with what Duke was saying. I could see Jonah being moved to either LG or RT if this happens.

LT - Laramy Tunsil
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Jonah Williams
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. Might not look at Moses or Brown though with a Tunsil trade.

The Tunsil trade is definitely possible with what Duke was saying. I could see Jonah being moved to either LG or RT if this happens.

LT - Laramy Tunsil
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Jonah Williams

[Image: MV5BOTQ2N2I5MDgtODA0NC00M2NmLWIyNzAtNjNl...00_AL_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. Might not look at Moses or Brown though with a Tunsil trade.

LT - Laramy Tunsil
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Trey Hopkins
RG - Austin Corbett
RT - Jonah Williams

This is doable, but yet seems like a fantasy.  I fear we will pick up 2 oline in FA and everyone will be a bit underwhelmed.  Tunsil and Tomlinson are such game changers.  With these 2 my preference would be:

LT - Laramy Tunsil

LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - Carmen/others/rookie
RT - Jonah Williams

I understand this lineup has a potential hole at RG and Carmen is so much better on the left, but I seriously doubt they dont have at least 2 players on the current roster starting on the oline this coming season.  Also fans dont give enough credit to the Center position, should be the captain and tone setter. Jensen is such an impact player in so many ways. Burrow deserves a very good Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 01:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is doable, but yet seems like a fantasy.  I fear we will pick up 2 oline in FA and everyone will be a bit underwhelmed.  Tunsil and Tomlinson are such game changers.  With these 2 my preference would be:

LT - Laramy Tunsil

LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RT - Jonah Williams

I understand this lineup has a potential hole at RG and Carmen is so much better on the left, but I seriously doubt they dont have at least 2 players on the current roster starting on the oline this coming season.  Also fans dont give enough credit to the Center position, should be the captain and tone setter. Jensen is such an impact player in so many ways. Burrow deserves a very good Center.

If Carmen/another young guy is the "weak link" with that group of guys it would still be a tremendous improvement.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 01:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is doable, but yet seems like a fantasy.  I fear we will pick up 2 oline in FA and everyone will be a bit underwhelmed.  Tunsil and Tomlinson are such game changers.  With these 2 my preference would be:

LT - Laramy Tunsil

LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RT - Jonah Williams

Tunsil is just a name that has been mentioned too. Probably be another player we trade for we just don't know about.

Tunsil has had off the field problems and the Texans are asking too much for him wanting 2 first rounders.

Can Laken play RG is my question? If not I would rather have Daniels who could play RG in this situation.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tunsil is just a name that has been mentioned too. Probably be another player we trade for we just don't know about.

Tunsil has had off the field problems and the Texans are asking too much for him wanting 2 first rounders.

Can Laken play RG is my question? If not I would rather have Daniels who could play RG in this situation.

Tomlinson is way better than Daniels, isnt even close in my opinion.  The Bears have 30M in cap, why are they letting a 24 yr old walk if he is so good?  

Tunsil is probably a Top 3 LT, I dont think we know what they want for him, 2 1sts isnt out of the question and I wouldnt do it.  If they let him go for our 31st and a later pic? We should do it all day.

Other than pre-draft Im not aware of any off-field issues with Tunsil?  I can tell you that many fans are done with him due to sitting out almost all season with a bad thumb.  He wants out and it is obvious, although his play is still very good.

A quiet, sneaky signing may be Cam Robinson.... been up and down, needs a change of scenery and only 26 - could be a Top 10 tackle if potential is reached.  If Jags plan to take a tackle with 1st pick they wont tag him.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:18 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Tomlinson is way better than Daniels, isnt even close in my opinion.  The Bears have 30M in cap, why are they letting a 24 yr old walk if he is so good?  

Tunsil is probably a Top 3 LT, I dont think we know what they want for him, 2 1sts isnt out of the question and I wouldnt do it.  If they let him go for our 31st and a later pic? We should do it all day.

Other than pre-draft Im not aware of any off-field issues with Tunsil?  I can tell you that many fans are done with him due to sitting out almost all season with a bad thumb.  He wants out and it is obvious, although his play is still very good.

A quiet, sneaky signing may be Cam Robinson.... been up and down, needs a change of scenery and only 26 - could be a Top 10 tackle if potential is reached.  If Jags plan to take a tackle with 1st pick they wont tag him.

Just saying if Daniels somehow tests FA I like him cause of his versatility and his youth along with potential.

Didn't answer my question if Laken can play RG Casear, need to know this as I like Carman at LG if we don't get a FA there.

Nice name to throw out there in Cam Robinson, would love to bring him in. Tunsil just has did some odd things, something 
about a bong, I am not a weed snob or anything it is just something that when you are in the NFL that is what you should be
concentrating on, not getting high. You can do that when you retire if you want. There are some other things people mentioned
in another thread with Tunsil too, I don't know the specifics.

Would I trade 31 and say a 4th rounder this year for Tunsil? Hell yeah I would. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just saying if Daniels somehow tests FA I like him cause of his versatility and his youth along with potential.

Didn't answer my question if Laken can play RG Casear, need to know this as I like Carman at LG if we don't get a FA there.

Nice name to throw out there in Cam Robinson, would love to bring him in. Tunsil just has did some odd things, something 
about a bong, I am not a weed snob or anything it is just something that when you are in the NFL that is what you should be
concentrating on, not getting high. You can do that when you retire if you want. There are some other things people mentioned
in another thread with Tunsil too, I don't know the specifics.

Would I trade 31 and say a 4th rounder this year for Tunsil? Hell yeah I would. Mellow

I absolutely agree with Carmen on the left been preaching this.

Tomlinson would be better than anyone we have at either Guard, but you have a point, he's a proven vet who may not want to move.

Tunsil bong was predraft, only thing ive heard is fan discontent with him not playing.

I have another name for you Ahkello Witherspoon, I released this on twitter earlier today. Young FA cornerback from the Steelers, pl;ayed college with Awuzie, lots of potential never really given a longterm chance.  Steeler fans very worried he is leaving rumored to us. 
75.8 PFF Score on 490 snaps
$4M price tag
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 10:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I absolutely agree with Carmen on the left been preaching this.

Tomlinson would be better than anyone we have at either Guard, but you have a point, he's a proven vert who may not want to move.

Tunsil bong was predraft, only thing ive heard is fan discontent with him not playing.

I have another name for you Ahkello Witherspoon, I released this on twitter earlier today. Young FA cornerback from the Steelers, pl;ayed college with Awuzie, lots of potential never really given a longterm chance.  Steeler fans very worried he is leaving rumored to us. 
$4M price tag

I don't think I would want Tunsil. He does not have enough for the love of the game for me. One persons bad or attitude or work ethic will hurt a team. Get enough of them on the same team and you will have a losing culture. The best thing Zac Taylor did was draft players who had high characters that were captains of their team. He also brought in high character hard working free agents. It is easy to see the positive attitude from guys like DJ Reader, Uzomah, Burrow, Hendrickson, Boyd, Awuzie, Hubbard, Mike Hilton, Vonn Bell, Joe Mixon, Jamarr Chase. We are lucky to finally have such a great culture. We are lucky we can trust our coaching staff to evaluate the culture impact of a Tunsil or any player that they draft/trade or acquire through free agency. Let's keep the winning culture going as long as we can.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 11:17 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I don't think I would want Tunsil. He does not have enough for the love of the game for me. One persons bad or attitude or work ethic will hurt a team. Get enough of them on the same team and you will have a losing culture. The best thing Zac Taylor did was draft players who had high characters that were captains of their team. He also brought in high character hard working free agents. It is easy to see the positive attitude from guys like DJ Reader, Uzomah, Burrow, Hendrickson, Boyd, Awuzie, Hubbard, Mike Hilton, Vonn Bell, Joe Mixon, Jamarr Chase. We are lucky to finally have such a great culture. We are lucky we can trust our coaching staff to evaluate the culture impact of a Tunsil or any player that they draft/trade or acquire through free agency. Let's keep the winning culture going as long as we can.

Tunsil is a top LT, I dont think any of us know his love for the game, he simply isnt happy with the Texans.  I think it is very difficult to judge a player with what little knowledge we have and there is this:

"Stonewalling pass rushers is what sets Houston Texans left tackle Laremy Tunsil apart from other blockers around the NFL."
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 10:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I absolutely agree with Carmen on the left been preaching this.

Tomlinson would be better than anyone we have at either Guard, but you have a point, he's a proven vet who may not want to move.

$4M price tag

Okay, that was pre-draft. Would be happy with bringing him in with our 31st pick and a 4th rounder then.

Nice on Witherspoon, anything to hurt the Steelers while improving ourselves sounds fantastic lol

Love what Hilton did for us and how he hurt the Steelers. Just feels good. Smirk

(03-05-2022, 11:17 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I don't think I would want Tunsil. He does not have enough for the love of the game for me. One persons bad or attitude or work ethic will hurt a team. Get enough of them on the same team and you will have a losing culture. The best thing Zac Taylor did was draft players who had high characters that were captains of their team. He also brought in high character hard working free agents. It is easy to see the positive attitude from guys like DJ Reader, Uzomah, Burrow, Hendrickson, Boyd, Awuzie, Hubbard, Mike Hilton, Vonn Bell, Joe Mixon, Jamarr Chase. We are lucky to finally have such a great culture. We are lucky we can trust our coaching staff to evaluate the culture impact of a Tunsil or any player that they draft/trade or acquire through free agency. Let's keep the winning culture going as long as we can.

(03-05-2022, 12:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Tunsil is a top LT, I dont think any of us know his love for the game, he simply isnt happy with the Texans.  I think it is very difficult to judge a player with what little knowledge we have and there is this:

"Stonewalling pass rushers is what sets Houston Texans left tackle Laremy Tunsil apart from other blockers around the NFL."

Must love the game some to be as good as he is. That doesn't come easy to do what he has done against the best pass 
rushers in the world. I don't blame him for not being happy with the Texans, a change to blocking for Burrow would do him
good.
Reply/Quote