Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exclusive audio: Trump defends threats to "hang" Pence
https://www.axios.com/trump-hang-mike-pence-january-6-audio-4f147245-becf-4766-ac60-7acece6862be.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=politics-trumppence

Quote:Former President Trump — in a taped interview with Jonathan Karl of ABC News that was shared with Axios — defended, quite extensively, supporters who threatened to "hang" former Vice President Mike Pence.

Why it matters: Well, it is unprecedented for a former president to openly say it was OK to threaten the life of his vice president.

• Oh, the two men are on track to run against each other for the GOP nomination in 2024.
Zoom out: This is a slice of a 90-minute interview — conducted at Mar-a-Lago on March 18 — for Karl's book, "Betrayal," out on Tuesday.

• More news-breaking audio from the interview will air Sunday on ABC's "This Week."

Go deeper: We will let the Q&A tell the story.
Jonathan Karl: "Were you worried about him during that siege? Were you worried about his safety?"
  • Trump: "No, I thought he was well-protected, and I had heard that he was in good shape. No. Because I had heard he was in very good shape. But, but, no, I think — "
Karl: "Because you heard those chants — that was terrible. I mean — "
  • Trump: "He could have — well, the people were very angry."
Karl: "They were saying 'hang Mike Pence.'"

• Trump: "Because it's common sense, Jon. It's common sense that you're supposed to protect. How can you — if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? — how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that? And I'm telling you: 50/50, it's right down the middle for the top constitutional scholars when I speak to them. Anybody I spoke to — almost all of them at least pretty much agree, and some very much agree with me — because he's passing on a vote that he knows is fraudulent. How can you pass a vote that you know is fraudulent? Now, when I spoke to him, I really talked about all of the fraudulent things that happened during the election. I didn't talk about the main point, which is the legislatures did not approve — five states. The legislatures did not approve all of those changes that made the difference between a very easy win for me in the states, or a loss that was very close, because the losses were all very close."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Pence gets what he deserves for continuing to kiss Trumps ***. Go to love politics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Trump is a full blown cartoon super villain with the bumbling henchmen to boot.
Reply/Quote
Nothing new here. The actual audio was broadcast nationwide and live. He made no attempt to hide what he was doing. Last desperate act of a man frightened of prison, and hungry for power. He would have sent them after Ivanka if he thought that would have worked.

[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
God it's hard to understand Donald Trump in written text.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Something something mental decline something something voting with feelings something something.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is a full blown cartoon super villain with the bumbling henchmen to boot.

His best people definitely have a Gotham vibe.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote