Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Executives on the draft from The Athletic
(05-11-2022, 05:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What did you think of some of those play calls to beat KC twice late as well as Tenn? Those weren’t Joe changing the play. Judge Taylor with an OL this year. Taylor is old school football. He’s going to play the percentages

I'm excited to see this team with a (hopefully) competent OL.
I'm expecting the offense to be Top 5 this year barring some critical injuries.
They finished 7th in scoring, 13th in yards last year with that sieve.

If Burrow is still in the Top 15 in most times sacked after adding Karras, Cappa, and Collins, that's probably a bad look for Taylor and especially Pollack, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 06:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm excited to see this team with a (hopefully) competent OL.
I'm expecting the offense to be Top 5 this year barring some critical injuries.
They finished 7th in scoring, 13th in yards last year with that sieve.

If Burrow is still in the Top 15 in most times sacked after adding Karras, Cappa, and Collins, that's probably a bad look for Taylor and especially Pollack, IMO.

Truly Duke Tobin, His scouting department and even Mike Brown are all involved in acquiring players. Zac has tremendous influence on the individual. But Zac isn’t nor pretends to be an expert on evaluating all positions. He’s going to be interested in their intangibles. He’ll have a say. Mike and Duke liked Frank. If the OL sucks they will all share in the blame.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 09:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Truly Duke Tobin, His scouting department and even Mike Brown are all involved in acquiring players. Zac has tremendous influence on the individual. But Zac isn’t nor pretends to be an expert on evaluating all positions. He’s going to be interested in their intangibles. He’ll have a say. Mike and Duke liked Frank. If the OL sucks they will all share in the blame.

They might all share the blame, but it's the coaches' responsibility to get the players performing well on the field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They might all share the blame, but it's the coaches' responsibility to get the players performing well on the field.

I'm thinking it's going to be a lot better.   But they will be going up against NFL quality lines and a lot of playoff teams with good defenses.  I don't think we need to expect a miraculous transformation, but I think it's going to be substantial.   I'm very excited to see the changes.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They might all share the blame, but it's the coaches' responsibility to get the players performing well on the field.

I think that the revamping of the OL means Taylor and Pollack are on the clock. We were awful getting yardage when teams knew we were running it. We need to be better on third down and in the red zone. There’s just no way around it. But when teams can’t be successful in the run game it sure allows the defense to play a tight man. Our run game will be much improved and stopping us on third and short won’t be easy. I expect Hurst to help a lot in third and short. Good luck on third and short when we go to 01 personnel and Hurst and Mixon go wide. That’s of course after showing we can convert with the run on third and 3. The poor OL play has made us so predictable
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: His last 2 games against the Bengals he has 187 rushing yards on 23 carries.

How many TD's? What's his yardage in his last two games against every other team. I believe we shut him down just fine.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 05:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Which is strange because according to PFR he allowed only a 78.0 QB Rating in his coverage and had 4 INT and 4 FF.

Because the Bengals in 2020 were coming off having the 1st overall pick and 2 wins. Then they had 4 wins and the 5th overall pick, and their 5th straight losing season. That deserves shaming.

Not to mention that even with all those injuries the Ravens still went 8-9 in 2021. Literally twice as many wins as the Bengals had in 2020, more wins than the Bengals had in 2019 and 2020 combined, and they hadn't sucked the year before. They went 11-5 and won a playoff game, so it doesn't look like you're making excuses for a bad season with injuries despite being a terrible team the year before too (sure it was our 5th straight losing season, but we had injuries this year!).

It's not the same situation, man. It's not some double standard, it's just very different situations.

While accurate, they were living on borrowed time in a lot of those wins.  Being down 3 scores in the 4th quarter against the Colts and coming back to win was more a reflection of terrible coaching on the Colts than great play by the Rats...
Reply/Quote