Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expansion team
If the Bengals left Cincy like the Browns did would you support our current team or expansion team with a new owner and front office?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:02 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If the Bengals left Cincy like the Browns did would you support our current team or expansion team with a new owner and front office?

If ultimately the team moved because Mike Brown sold the team and the new owner wanted it in a different city, I might stick with the Bengals if I had optimism that things would improve.
I don't live in Cincinnati anymore so I'm not sure if an expansion team in Cincinnati would be my team of choice. If I didn't continue rooting for the Bengals, I'd probably become a Titans fan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Team in Cincinnati with new ownership? Yes, yes...yes. YES!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:02 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: If the Bengals left Cincy like the Browns did would you support our current team or expansion team with a new owner and front office?

Ummm...    I think there are markets that would get an expansion team before us if the bengals left...

So id follow the bengals unless they changed their name.

then either Colts for Geographical location or the Browns for Being the Last ohio team would probly be 2 options I look at first for  a new team or just take back my sundays and forgo football.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals leave Cincinnati, Cincinnati can say goodbye to Professional Football, because it will not get another NFL team....
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If the Bengals leave Cincinnati, Cincinnati can say goodbye to Professional Football, because it will not get another NFL team....

I suppose you've given up on the Cincinnati Royals coming back, too.
Reply/Quote
I'd be a Giants fan.

So, right now, it wouldn't be that much better for me. Of course, they would do things to improve the team and be successful probably a lot sooner than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I've been a Bengals fan for the last 30+ years and I never been to Cinci. So I guess I could.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I've been a Bengals fan for the last 30+ years and I never been to Cinci. So I guess I could.

I inherited the Bengals after expansion. When I was young I got to watch Jim Brown  and Leroy Kelly in the three yards and a cloud of dust era. We were blacked out of watching the Browns anymore but the early years they were surprisingly competitive , making the playoffs in their third season.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals left Cincinnati I'd stop watching the NFL. I'd just stick with college ball.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I don't live in Cincy so this would be a difficult thing for me to decide. If the Bengals left Cincinnati but stayed with the name "Bengals", I'd consider staying a fan, especially if the team was a contender with some playoff wins prior to the move. But, if it's been like the last 3 years and the team decides to change its name, I'd probably switch to my local team (currently the Eagles).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't live in Cincy so this would be a difficult thing for me to decide. If the Bengals left Cincinnati but stayed with the name "Bengals", I'd consider staying a fan, especially if the team was a contender with some playoff wins prior to the move. But, if it's been like the last 3 years and the team decides to change its name, I'd probably switch to my local team (currently the Eagles).

Yeah...that's same with me.
Reply/Quote
This happened to a friend of mine. He was a Oilers fan and when they moved to Tennessee he became a Tennessee Oilers fan. Then The Texans came around and Tennessee changed their name to the Titans. To this day he is a Titans fan. All this and he was born and raised in WA state.

For me if the Bengals moved I would most likely support them. If they changed their name...I would become a Bears fan. I was born in Illinois.  
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati would not likely get another NFL team to come here because of weather, lack of success, lack of sales, lack of global fan support.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Cincinnati would not likely get another NFL team to come here because of weather, lack of success, lack of sales, lack of global fan support.

The league has already said as much. There are bigger markets without teams that would love to have one......
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 01:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The league has already said as much. There are bigger markets without teams that would love to have one......

I know 30 years is a long time to suffer as a Bengal fan, but Hell, I will always be a Bengal Fan and support this team.  I don't understand why fans want the team to leave with hope of new ownership. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I've been a Bengals fan since the '80's when we first started getting the games over here so I would still support them
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 11:18 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If the Bengals left Cincinnati I'd stop watching the NFL.

This. If a team is not from Cincy, I'm unable to care about them.
Reply/Quote
I would absolutely not continue to support a Mike Brown owned team if he moved it out of Ohio. Like others have said, we will not get another team if we lose this one so I am currently undecided on what to with my fandom but I would continue to watch NFL football.
Reply/Quote
My head can't comprehend any of it. no idea what I'd do, but I would likely not support making the Bengal extinct.
Reply/Quote