Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expect Coaching Extensions
Expect to see extensions coming for some Bengals assistant coaches, plus an extension for Zac Taylor after the Super Bowl.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They've earned it and when they win the Super Bowl, they've really earned it.
Reply/Quote
I'll admit that after Joe went down last year, I was ready to see the entire regime kicked to the curb. Now, I have to say that I'm glad that they stayed the course and trusted the process. Extensions merited by all, in my opinion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Awesome! Well deserved, give them all a nice paycheck!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Expect to see extensions coming for some Bengals assistant coaches, plus an extension for Zac Taylor after the Super Bowl.

Taylor had one more year on his deal, I think he was always going to get the extension to avoid being a lame duck coach if they hit .500 or better but trying to keep the whole group with no changes is a direct reflection of the SB run.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll admit that after Joe went down last year, I was ready to see the entire regime kicked to the curb.  Now, I have to say that I'm glad that they stayed the course and trusted the process.  Extensions merited by all, in my opinion.

I wanted him drawn and quartered. 

But I'm so very happy that he's proved me wrong. Extensions to all I say. 
Reply/Quote
smart they will only be more expensive after this sunday
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wanted him drawn and quartered. 

But I'm so very happy that he's proved me wrong. Extensions to all I say. 

Still Not that impressed with the OL....  Its better than complete crap but still.... not very good. lot of attention there in the offseason i think
Reply/Quote
Dang it... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 06:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dang it... Ninja

Take your victory lap, you never waivered from supporting Zac.  Cheers

[Image: DNiP.gif]
Reply/Quote
Keep this Coaching staff together. Our players love playing for them. Mellow
Reply/Quote
If they keep extending Zac we'll never be able to fire him...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
A lot of us are ecstatic to have been wrong at this point. I hope we can keep Lou and Callahan around for a few more years before they get HC gigs, but probably won't happen.
Reply/Quote
I had stopped believing. I was wrong.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 06:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Still Not that impressed with the OL....  Its better than complete crap but still.... not very good. lot of attention there in the offseason i think

Yes I'm hoping OL is the major focus. Two quality free agents and at least 1 upper round draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes I'm hoping OL is the major focus. Two quality free agents and at least 1 upper round draft pick.

I dunno why, but I get the sense it will be Spain getting re-signed, one outside FA, and one draft pick.
Maybe another draft pick on top of that as added depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno why, but I get the sense it will be Spain getting re-signed, one outside FA, and one draft pick.

That would be very depressing. We definitely need at least 2 quality FA’s foe the 3 sports that need upgraded.
Reply/Quote
Well deserved too

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno why, but I get the sense it will be Spain getting re-signed, one outside FA, and one draft pick.

I think they'll move on from Waynes and Reiff, resign Spain, and pick up a couple solid but not great onlinemen.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 10:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think they'll move on from Waynes and Reiff, resign Spain, and pick up a couple solid but not great onlinemen.

That is my expectation. Hope it is better though. We will see, I was surprised by our FA the last few years with Zac here.
Reply/Quote