Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expect greatness from Andy Dalton
In the first 4 years, I think many of us expected Dalton to fail or perform poorly at some point (waiting for it), and mentally throw away his "good games" in our image of him.

I think it has flipped. We will expect greatness from Andy Dalton - and his "bad games" will be considered more of a blip than the norm.

Every QB has bad games now and then, but I think Andy has turned the corner. I'm not waiting to see how he performs under further pressure, night lights, and the post-season. He is no longer to be considered a weak link on the team.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Fear The Ides of October.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agreed, anything less than a passer rating of 100 is unacceptable Ninja
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with 85. 85 should win this game.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I hope this is not a windy day. Andy doesn't like wind.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:53 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I hope this is not a windy day. Andy doesn't like wind.

You mean like the wind in Baltimore 2 weeks ago?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:53 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I hope this is not a windy day. Andy doesn't like wind.

Forecast is for 5-10 mph wind.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like your optimism and what I've seen so far. Not to beat a dead horse, but a lot of us want to see him in the playoffs (if we get there) before we "expect greatness". Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this season so far, and Dalton has been lights out. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I do fear the colder months, hell the first game I went to was Bengals @ Browns and it was with a -20 wind chill. I left at the half, because I couldn't man up, had trouble breathing lol. Fitzpatrick threw a floater to Chris Henry for a TD in that game.

Imagine if all teams could play games at 65-70 degrees all year round, and at 1PM - lol.

My main concern last year was Andy's high balls, they would last more than a half sometimes. He did something about that, I have probably seen only 1 high ball all year. Having a better TE than Gresham seems to be helping a lot of course. And as we've seen in other articles, he's letting the ball fly before the receiver is free - this was a fatal flaw about Andy his first few years - having to wait for AJ to free up before he let it fly. Aaron Rodgers is the master of those behind the defender's back throws. Great to see Dalton throw those "homie go get it" balls.

Our offense is exciting to watch this year.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Agreed, anything less than a passer rating of 100 is unacceptable Ninja

You are way too lenient!  129 or all is lost for our subpar qb
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:25 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the first 4 years, I think many of us expected Dalton to fail or perform poorly at some point (waiting for it), and mentally throw away his "good games" in our image of him.

I think it has flipped. We will expect greatness from Andy Dalton - and his "bad games" will be considered more of a blip than the norm.

Every QB has bad games now and then, but I think Andy has turned the corner. I'm not waiting to see how he performs under further pressure, night lights, and the post-season. He is no longer to be considered a weak link on the team.

People's view of Dalton after the first 4 years exactly mirrored his play. Not faulting anyone for that cause his play earned him the criticism he received.

The New Dalton has played as well as any QB in the league. We still have a long ways to go. The more they win the more people will believe in this team. They are impressive!

Reply/Quote
People are finally starting to have positive vibes about Dalton. Even when he makes a mistake like the INT or holding the ball too long. He is making believers, and the positive energy can only help. We create our own reality.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2015, 11:25 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: In the first 4 years, I think many of us expected Dalton to fail or perform poorly at some point (waiting for it), and mentally throw away his "good games" in our image of him.

I'm with you.  He's golden.  Carries the team on his shoulders.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Have always liked Dalton. But this year... he looks completely different. Love it
Reply/Quote