Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Expected 1st Round OL for 2021 Draft
The 2021 NFL draft looks like it will have quite a lot of good OL talent (at the top anyway).

Here is a list of players expected to declare for the draft and be considered for 1st round:
- Penei Sewell, OT Oregon
- Wyatt Davis, G Ohio St
- Alex Leatherwood, OT/G Alabama
- Sam Cosmi, OT Texas
- Walker Little, OT Stanford
- Creed Humphrey, C Oklahoma

Some others like Trey Smith (OT/G Tennessee) and Josh Myers (G Ohio St) are currently projected in early 2nd round and could push into late 1st.

I'm sure there are some others, but the ones above are the ones I see pretty consistent in the Top 50 across multiple draft sites.

If I'm the Bengals, I'm looking to take advantage of what looks to be a good upper tier draft class and getting, at the latest, a new OL in the 1st and/or 2nd round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not a big fan of Walker Little. I don't think he played that well and then opted out after a knee injury so we don't get to see if he has improved. My biggest pet peeve on Walker is he just doesnt bring the aggression I like in my offensive linemen.

Some guys you left out.

Dillion Radunz
Jackson Carman
Jalen Mayfield
Daniel Faalele

Edit: A great matchup this week will be Clemson's Jackson Carman vs Miami's Quincy Roche two of the best in their position groups.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Deonte Brown G is the only omission I'd add. Not the quickest feet but he's a mauler inside.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 06:07 PM)Synric Wrote: I am not a big fan of Walker Little. I don't think he played that well and then opted out after a knee injury so we don't get to see if he has improved. My biggest pet peeve on Walker is he just doesnt bring the aggression I like in my offensive linemen.

Some guys you left out.

Dillion Radunz
Jackson Carman
Jalen Mayfield
Daniel Faalele

Edit: A great matchup this week will be Clemson's Jackson Carman vs Miami's Quincy Roche two of the best in their position groups.

(10-07-2020, 06:30 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Deonte Brown G is the only omission I'd add.  Not the quickest feet but he's a mauler inside.

I've seen all those guys on different draft sites, but I've also seen them put into low 2nd or into the 3rd round on other draft sites.
Since it didn't seem like a consensus, I didn't put them in my list.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Kyle Crabbs released his month into the season 3 round mock draft on The Draft Network and Im'm a huge fan of it.

The Bengals are picking 5, 37, and 69.

Round 1- Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
Round 2 - Jackson Carman OT Clemson
Round 3 - Zion Johnson OG Boston College

I'm very high on all 3 of these players and would love to see the draft turn out that way even if it's still October lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I would gladly give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder to move up to #3 and get Sewell in that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 12:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would gladly give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder to move up to #3 and get Sewell in that scenario.

Not me I'm very high on all 3 of those players. Jackson Carman is a perfect fit for Cincy's Right Tackle spot and Zion Johnson looks like a natural guard. I can see both of those guys moving up draft boards during the draft process.

Reply/Quote
Man I LOVE me some Wyatt Davis and at our weakest position on the oline too.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for Leatherwood.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 02:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Man I LOVE me some Wyatt Davis and at our weakest position on the oline too.

If the Bengals are still super set with Hart being their RT of the future, I'd look to shift XSF to LG (not a fan of Jordan) and plug Davis in at RG.

If they aren't set for Hart beyond 2021, I like Leatherwood too as a RG/RT option. If they went this route, I'd look to put Leatherwood at RG and then replace Hart in 2022. XSF over Jordan too, just like above.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals are still super set with Hart being their RT of the future, I'd look to shift XSF to LG (not a fan of Jordan) and plug Davis in at RG.

If they aren't set for Hart beyond 2021, I like Leatherwood too as a RG/RT option. If they went this route, I'd look to put Leatherwood at RG and then replace Hart in 2022. XSF over Jordan too, just like above.

I'm hoping the Bengals aren't set with Hart being the RT in the next game ! 
Reply/Quote
I hope our draft looks like this:

first round: The best OT or OG
second round: The best OT or OG
third round: The best OT or OG
fourth round: The best DT or DE
fifth round: The best DT or DE
sixth round: The best DT or DE or OT or OG
seventh round: The best DT or DE or OT or OG
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope our draft looks like this:

first round: The best OT or OG
second round: The best OT or OG
third round: The best OT or OG
fourth round: The best DT or DE
fifth round: The best DT or DE
sixth round: The best DT or DE or OT or OG
seventh round: The best DT or DE or OT or OG

Bengals can't (or shouldn't) wait until Day 3 to address DL unfortunately.
If they do, it's refusing to admit that Atkins and Dunlap aren't who they used to be.
The DL issue becomes magnified if they don't re-sign Lawson.

But I would be ok with using every draft pick on OL and DL  ThumbsUp
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/2/20/8072877/what-the-statistics-tell-us-about-the-draft-by-round

Even though this is a Chief's article, I thought it was interesting measuring success rates by position. The safest position to draft is apparently o-lineman but not so fortunate have been the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 02:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Man I LOVE me some Wyatt Davis and at our weakest position on the oline too.

Haven't seen him play, but Price is making me very leery of OSU guards.....
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Not me I'm very high on all 3 of those players. Jackson Carman is a perfect fit for Cincy's Right Tackle spot and Zion Johnson looks like a natural guard. I can see both of those guys moving up draft boards during the draft process.

The line will never get better when you keep throwing 3rd tier players on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 03:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Haven't seen him play, but Price is making me very leery of OSU guards.....

And Jordan...

Reply/Quote
A lot of Bengal fans are going to need therapy when the Bengals go skilled player in round 1 like WR or TE. Hope I am wrong.

A couple guys to keep an eye on is TJ Jackson who is a monster and Darrisaw who was rated one of the Best OL in the country in run blocking not to long ago. Both are Hokies.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 07:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: A lot of Bengal fans are going to need therapy when the Bengals go skilled player in round 1 like WR or TE.  Hope I am wrong.  

I wouldn't mind TE. You're talking about a position that can help to slow a pass rush and get physical with defenders. If it's another corner on the other hand...UGH!

Haven't looked at this year's OL a lot, but Jalen Mayfield sounds like he might be a great value pick around the back end of the 1st or early 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 07:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: A lot of Bengal fans are going to need therapy when the Bengals go skilled player in round 1 like WR or TE.  Hope I am wrong.  

A couple guys to keep an eye on is TJ Jackson who is a monster and Darrisaw who was rated one of the Best OL in the country in run blocking not to long ago.  Both are Hokies.

I'm waiting to see how Christian Darrisaw looks against Quincy Roche and Jaelen Phillps in November. He also has a tough game vs Clemson.

Reply/Quote