Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Picks 2015
Who took the bait from those experts who stated the Ravens or Steelers would win the AFCN. Many said the Bengals would not get back into the playoffs. I know it is not over (Steelers still can catch us, Ravens are toast).

Let's go back an review the off season:

The Ravens lost 4 or 5 started again and gained nothing but rookies in the off season.
The Steelers were extremely healthy in 2014 as their skilled receivers and RB Bell missed no regular season games. In 2015, we knew they had Bryant suspended for 4 games and Bell for 2 games, yet many picked them.

The Bengals kept every starter but an aging T. Newman, add MJ back to the mix. They also got back Eifert and jones (like 2 extra 1st round picks).

Did you take the media bate?

I think the media who picked against us need to be called out for a very bad prediction. The facts were there, they just ignored them.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:17 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who took the bait from those experts who stated the Ravens or Steelers would win the AFCN. Many said the Bengals would not get back into the playoffs. I know it is not over (Steelers still can catch us, Ravens are toast).

Let's go back an review the off season:

The Ravens lost 4 or 5 started again and gained nothing but rookies in the off season.
The Steelers were extremely healthy in 2014 as their skilled receivers and RB Bell missed no regular season games. In 2015, we knew they had Bryant suspended for 4 games and Bell for 2 games, yet many picked them.

The Bengals kept every starter but an aging T. Newman, add MJ back to the mix. They also got back Eifert and jones (like 2 extra 1st round picks).

Did you take the media bate?

I think the media who picked against us need to be called out for a very bad prediction. The facts were there, they just ignored them.

Thoughts?

They obviously paid no attention to the developments in the AFC North.  We made the playoffs as a shell of ourselves.  Not sure how they thought we would get worse with everyone getting healthy and adding Michael Johnson back to the mix.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:38 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: They obviously paid no attention to the developments in the AFC North.  We made the playoffs as a shell of ourselves.  Not sure how they thought we would get worse with everyone getting healthy and adding Michael Johnson back to the mix.  

That was my point as well. I get the delusional fans like Pat and others, but not the so called experts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
There are tons of variables in the NFL whether you admit that or not.

You aren't some genius visionary and the people who guessed wrong aren't complete morons. I guarantee you've been wrong more often than not with predictions in the past and so have the rest of us. We get some things wrong, some things right.

Yes, there were signs pointing toward the Bengals being better than CLE/PIT/BAL, but guess what? If the signs were right 100% of the time, Vegas wouldn't make billions from gambling. Wouldn't it be silly if everyone just made their predictions what the odds were favoring on every single topic??

You need to step off the high horse here. I hope you're ready to get blasted by some of these guys that you're specifically calling out the next time you're wrong about a prediction.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote: There are tons of variables in the NFL whether you admit that or not.

You aren't some genius visionary and the people who guessed wrong aren't complete morons. I guarantee you've been wrong more often than not with predictions in the past and so have the rest of us. We get some things wrong, some things right.

Yes, there were signs pointing toward the Bengals being better than CLE/PIT/BAL, but guess what? If the signs were right 100% of the time, Vegas wouldn't make billions from gambling. Wouldn't it be silly if everyone just made their predictions what the odds were favoring on every single topic??

You need to step off the high horse here. I hope you're ready to get blasted by some of these guys that you're specifically calling out the next time you're wrong about a prediction.

I think you give these "experts" too much credit.  Not sure what "variables" would have predicted the Bengals would get worse.  Many had the Colts in the SB and now midway through the seasons they are saying how garbage their roster is.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:57 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I think you give these "experts" too much credit.  Not sure what "variables" would have predicted the Bengals would get worse.  Many had the Colts in the SB and now midway through the seasons they are saying how garbage their roster is.  

The point is just that nobody will ever be 100% on their predictions. Predictions are just that for a reason. Gambling wouldn't exist if the odds were never defied.

Not only that, but the NFL is full of variables from scheduling to injuries to play calling to rookies being boom/bust, and about a thousand other things as well. Some teams are a few bad bounces and poor decisions away from having their record drastically altered. It's just the way it is.

Some people get way too much into the "I told you so!!!" bullshit when it comes to predictions. It's nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:01 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The point is just that nobody will ever be 100% on their predictions. Predictions are just that for a reason. Gambling wouldn't exist if the odds were never defied.

Not only that, but the NFL is full of variables from scheduling to injuries to play calling to rookies being boom/bust, and about a thousand other things as well. Some teams are a few bad bounces and poor decisions away from having their record drastically altered. It's just the way it is.

Some people get way too much into the "I told you so!!!" bullshit when it comes to predictions. It's nonsense.

i think at the end of the year these experts need to do a special where they review their preseason predictions and what went wrong along the way.

Throw in the video of them being so sure in their predictions as well.

I would say the draft too but.... that can take years to know for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:01 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The point is just that nobody will ever be 100% on their predictions. Predictions are just that for a reason. Gambling wouldn't exist if the odds were never defied.

You don't have to be Nostradamus.  Just show that you are basing your picks on something other than hype.  Justify your "b.s.".  If you are basing your predictions on the performance of rookie players, perhaps that's your problem right there.  It's only natural if you are going to be in the prediction racket, you are going to get called out when your predictions fail miserably.  
Reply/Quote

I don;t think the point is someone not being a 100 percent correct, we know a person or two that will happen.. but so many so called experts ( people that actually follow the game and have a bit more understanding and inside information on the game, players and teams) predicted a downfall of Cincy and a upswing in Baltimore and Pittsburgh ... and really if you look at the moves and non moves, lose of coaches and draft.. I just don;t think that many fair minded experts would have predicted a downfall of Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:12 AM)Anderson HOF Wrote: I don;t think the point is someone not being a 100 percent correct, we know a person or two that will happen.. but so many so called experts ( people that actually follow the game and have a bit more understanding and inside information on the game, players and teams) predicted a downfall of Cincy and a upswing in Baltimore and Pittsburgh ... and really if you look at the moves and non moves, lose of coaches and draft.. I just don;t think that many fair minded experts would have predicted a downfall of Cincy.

Maybe it is just as simple as that's what they were wishing for, as opposed to that's what evidence suggested would happen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Media getting something wrong about sports predictions doesn't mean they don't know anything. It means they don't care.
They tell people what they want to hear. There are more football fans than there are football purists. They would rather hear about Pittsburgh succeeding in the first place.
It's got nothing to do with what anyone thinks they know about football
Reply/Quote