Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explain this to me
This thread is not about griping about the loss. It is about the inconsistency in the reffing of the games. So explain this to me:

1. In the first ravens game, Tyler Eifert catches a pass from Dalton, takes two steps, turns and reaches over the goal line. As he hits the ground, the ball comes out. The refs said he was a WR making a catch and did not control the ball all the way through the catch. No TD.

2. Gio Bernard catches a pass from McCarron, takes two steps and turns, gets rocked by Shazier and fumbles. The refs say he made a football move and therefore became a runner. Fumble, steelers ball.

I am not even going to get into the hitting helmet to helmet. But based upon the two examples above, it was called one way by one ref crew and the totally opposite way by another ref crew. Explain that to me. Why was Bernard considered a runner, and Eifert not?
Reply/Quote
Jersey colors. No more. No less.
Reply/Quote
The NFL still can't tell us exactly what's a catch and what's not. And we are the ones suffering for it.
Reply/Quote
Not looking for poor us. But I think this is something the Bengals organization should truly take to the NFL offices.
Reply/Quote
Asked the same thing last night and came up with redlegs answer.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Some people will laugh at me for this, but I don't care. I truly think it is because it all depends on how the NFL wants the game to go. There are multiple ways they could correct this type of situation, but they won't because they like have some things be ambiguous so they can steer the game according to their agenda.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I'm still surprised the Steelers touchdown was a catch. I thought you needed to have control, then two steps. One hand rolling it against your leg is what I'd call "bobbling" and is definitely not control. On the other hand, props where they are earned, it was pretty cool that he flipped and came up with it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote