Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Extend Eifert?
Get you some injured Butt for cheap.

Jake Butt that is.  

[Image: th?id=OIP.1C8mgzzYK8gCpJ5LgBx3LQEsDI&pid...=240&h=161]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 07:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Get you some injured Butt for cheap.

Jake Butt that is.  

[Image: th?id=OIP.1C8mgzzYK8gCpJ5LgBx3LQEsDI&pid...=240&h=161]

I think getting into some butt on day 2 would be delightful 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 07:40 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I think getting into some butt on day 2 would be delightful 

Why risk waiting until day 2?  If you see a butt you like, you grab it ASAP!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why risk waiting until day 2?  If you see a butt you like, you grab it ASAP!

[Image: th?id=OIP.M6elmaNfOcorlXjr64LkwgEsDS&pid...=233&h=164]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Patriots 2011 pass catchers:

Wes Welker- 122 catches/1,569 yards/9 TD
Rob Gronkowski- 90 catches/1,327 yards/17 TD
Aaron Hernandez- 79 catches/910 yards/7 TD
Deion Branch- 51 catches/702 yards/5 TD

Rob Gronkowski's best year as a pro came when there was other people taking at least a little attention off of him.

How many times did the Pats pass that year? Or any year compared to the Bengals? Also, to your first post, I don't think it's fair to include Eifert's rookie year with his averages. He was obviously 2nd fiddle to Gresh as a rookie. We saw his true potential in '15, and while he's not Gronk, he could compete for 2nd best TE in the NFL...if he can start staying relatively healthy.

I have a strong feeling that Eifert (like Gronk) will be up and down with injuries through his career, so I don't see the 2.3 games played per season difference as very substantial between the 2. Eifert played (I think) 14 games as a rookie and 13 games in 2015. He's coming into this season healthy (so far), so I'd gamble on him playing closer to a full slate this year.

I get that you don't like that Eifert has trouble staying healthy (understandable), but I don't know why you try to make it seem like he's something less than a game changer. I fully believe Eifert was what made this team look like a SB contender in 2015. He truly is an amazing talent. It'll be a total shame if he can't stay healthy...ala Bob Sanders.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Offer 4 years 34 million with 12 million guaranteed. At least it is a credible offer.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:15 PM)Housh Wrote:  With that said no one else wants Burfict and were probably the only team that would still have Burfict after all hes done. 
If Vontaze Burfict were available There would be 31 other NFL teams ready to sign him .......especially the AFC North rivals.
This mentality by some Bengal fans amazes me. The Bengals would not be Burficts only option to play football.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: First off, health-wise...

Games played on average (started):
Eifert- 9.3 (7.5)
Gronk- 11.6 (10.7)

Then there's production when healthy...

Catches (per 16 gms):
Eifert- 53.2
Gronk- 73.6

Yards (per 16 gms):
Eifert- 644.8
Gronk- 1,108.2

TDs (per 16 gms):
Eifert- 8.6
Gronk- 12.4

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gronk is injured a lot, but not nearly to the degree of Eifert, and when he is healthy, he outproduces Eifert by a landslide. They're not really comparable situations. Gronk played the first 42 straight games of his career without missing one. Eifert hasn't even played that many games in his career yet.

Gronk: 4 Pro Bowl, 4 1st Team All-Pro
Eifert: 1 Pro Bowl

Thats not really comparable bc u basically have 2 seasons. One where he had 13 tds another where he had like 5. I would take eifert over gronk any day hes better.
Reply/Quote
Personally I think we should look at drafting another TE eventually, Eifert is made of glass
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
2014...shoulder
2014...elbow
2015...neck
2015...head
2016...ankle

He is a game changer but it makes you wonder. This year's draft class is a good one if you want to hedge your bet on his health.
Reply/Quote
Resigning Eifert is a no brainer. Of course you resign him, he's one of the best in the game. Doesn't mean we don't take another TE in the draft though....
Reply/Quote
I don't think Eifert will stay. We have a crap O line and a head coach who can't win in the playoffs. I expect Eifert will want to go to a winner after we come in last in the AFC North this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:50 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think Eifert will stay.  We have a crap O line and a head coach who can't win in the playoffs.  I expect Eifert will want to go to a winner after we come in last in the AFC North this year.

I was just going to post this
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer he stay healthy for one single season before giving him a lot of money.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:20 PM)Housh Wrote: In this case Eifert has no leverage at all. We are probably the best contract offer hes gonna get. Mike is cheap but tends to pay his own above market price. I don't think no team will give him as many years coupled with the dollar amount we will give

Eifert made over $8 million on his rookie deal, and will make almost $5 with the option this year.  That is over $13 million, which I think gives him a lot of options.  He is not like a Burfict who had never made big money before signing his second deal.

Personally, I don't think you can sink multiple years and tens of millions of dollars into him right now.  You have to at least see how he recovers from this latest injury and how much he is able to be on the field this season.  The other side of the coin is Eifert himself.  If I am him, I bank on myself to stay healthy and have a good year which will drive up my value.
Reply/Quote
would love to lock him down but with his injury history I think you roll the dice and play the tag next year if needed.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:17 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: 4 years, 25 million, 10 guaranteed?

6, 6, 6, 7

Could be a convenient time to extend him below market rate.

Then again, now that I am typing this, I think I am dumb for suggesting an extension to a 55% of the time player.

Cut pac man - Sign Andre, Cut pac man, extend Eifert if healthy?

I don't think you are going to see much of this with any team going forward.  Every player knows that they will get a significant raise if they test the waters.

So, do I think we should extend those guys?  Yes, but lowballing them will only piss them off and lead them to free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 11:42 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The other side of the coin is Eifert himself.  If I am him, I bank on myself to stay healthy and have a good year which will drive up my value.

But, if the doom and gloomers are right (and I'm not saying they're not), he will have a hard time having a good year with Andy running for his life the whole time he is on the field....
Reply/Quote
The only way Eifert shouldn't be re-signed is if he doesn't want to come back. The Bengals will have over $50m in cap space next season and that DOESN'T include whatever the salary cap rises and what their total rollover to next year will be. So the Bengals may be in the $60m+ range for next season. I'm sure the team will say they can only afford to use $20-22m of it, but they are going to have an even more significant amount than this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 03:13 AM)John Shaft Wrote: If Vontaze Burfict were available There would be 31 other NFL teams ready to sign him .......especially the AFC North rivals.
This mentality by some Bengal fans amazes me. The Bengals would not be Burficts only option to play football.

I may have been overboard saying NO team would look at him if he were a FA

But no way in hell 31 teams bid for him or even inquire about him

the AFCN teams would just because hes so familiar with the division but I cant see too much interest league wide
Reply/Quote