Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Free Agents who could help us
A guy like LJ Fort who is a backup LB with the Steelers always seems to produce in limited snaps. He wouldn't break the bank either and we could probably get him cheap...for say $1.5 million a year.

He's 29. I see he was actually on our practice squad before. I think he'd be a good depth guy.

I'd also look at guys like Denzel Perryman or Kwon Alexander at MLB. Perryman's issue seems to be injuries. Jordan Hicks or CJ Mosely are other guys I'd look at. We need to get 1 of these 4 to build our defense around.

I would sign 3 new LB's. We need to focus on speed.

At OLB, I'd look at Deone Buchanon whi was a Safety early in his career. He's got speed and can cover.

You know we'll probably look at Zach Vigil...Nick's brother. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 06:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A guy like LJ Fort who is a backup LB with the Steelers always seems to produce in limited snaps. He wouldn't break the bank either and we could probably get him cheap...for say $1.5 million a year.

He's 29. I see he was actually on our practice squad before. I think he'd be a good depth guy.

I'd also look at guys like Denzel Perryman or Kwon Alexander at MLB. Perryman's issue seems to be injuries. Jordan Hicks or CJ Mosely are other guys I'd look at. We need to get 1 of these 4 to build our defense around.

I would sign 3 new LB's. We need to focus on speed.

At OLB, I'd look at Deone Buchanon whi was a Safety early in his career. He's got speed and can cover.

You know we'll probably look at Zach Vigil...Nick's brother.  Hilarious

Kwon would be a great get, but screw it, shoot for the moon and go after CJ Mosley.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mosley deal gets done with Ravens I’d guess or he is tagged, and I’d pass on Alexander he hasn’t been good lately. Give me the hometown kid Jordan Hicks.
Reply/Quote
I like Denzel Perryman and Avery Williamson. During the season, rumor was that both Buchanon and Hassan Reddick were on the outs in Arizona. I'd wouldn't mind either one of those, either. Guess that all depends on what their new regime wants to do with them.
Reply/Quote
Good news is that if our new coach is from the outside, they would almost certainly want to make a splash signing in FA. Mike Brown took a step and traded for Glenn last year. Take another step (or 5) and sign CJ Mosley or a couple component LBs so that opens the draft for the best OL or QB at Pick 11.

So that means it'll be Hue or Lazor in the end and we'll resign Preston Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mosley deal gets done with Ravens I’d guess or he is tagged, and I’d pass on Alexander he hasn’t been good lately. Give me the hometown kid Jordan Hicks.

Marvin got fired today.  All things are possible, j/k.  

Mosley and the Ravens couldn't get a deal done last off season, but the FT is very possible.

Kwon was PFF's most improved player last year, but is coming off an ACL this year.  He does fit the bill of being athletic and being able to cover, but Hicks would also be good.

For the OL, maybe a guy like Fins RT Ju'wan James.  He's not top shelf, but he's a solid starter and only 27.

If we were inclined to move on from Williams, and I don't think we are, there's a lot of top flight S's in the FA pool if they don't get tagged, as well.
Reply/Quote
With this draft the best bang for buck on a big Free Agent is Offensive Line. Get either a prime Guard or a starter quality RT. That frees us up a lot to go LB in Rd 1.
Reply/Quote
OT

Trent Brown, NE
Daryl Williams, CAR

LB

Anthony Barr, min
Kwon Alexander, TB
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Mosley deal gets done with Ravens I’d guess or he is tagged, and I’d pass on Alexander he hasn’t been good lately. Give me the hometown kid Jordan Hicks.

Hicks would be fabulous. I didn't realize he was from Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:35 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: OT

Trent Brown, NE
Daryl Williams, CAR

LB

Anthony Barr, min
Kwon Alexander, TB

I'd go OT in the draft. LB in free agency.
Reply/Quote
Not a FA per se, but it would be silly to not try and acquire Sean Lee from the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:54 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not a FA per se, but it would be silly to not try and acquire Sean Lee from the Cowboys.

A guy who will be 33 next year, who is always hurt, and is a shadow of his former self after injury after injury?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A guy who will be 33 next year, who is always hurt, and is a shadow of his former self after injury after injury?

Your Sig is F'n Hilarious  Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd go OT in the draft. LB in free agency.

I think that sitting at 11, they really need to position themselves to take the BPA and not have a gaping hole staring at them in the face, like last year with C. 
Reply/Quote
A big signing like Jordan Hicks would be awesome. I'd also like the to go after Nick Boyle Ravens inline TE.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Foster from Steelers if not resigned would be a good move
Reply/Quote
Shaq Mason from the Pats. put him at LG. Boling just hasnt been as consistant at that spot in recent years.
Kwon Alexander or Deone Buchcanon at LB would be tremendous.I think Nick Vigil sucks.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure that any speculation of free agents is worth a damn, until a new HC takes over and assesses the roster.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Rob Havenstein of the Rams is a free agent. He's 26 years old and grades out as the #3 Tackle by PFF.

IF we get one of their coaches...you'd have to think we target him.

Guard Rodger Saffold. He's 30 years old. He grades out as the #8 Guard.

I think we'd surely look at these guys if we made one of their coaches our HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 12:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rob Havenstein of the Rams is a free agent. He's 26 years old and grades out as the #3 Tackle by PFF.

IF we get one of their coaches...you'd have to think we target him.

Guard Rodger Saffold. He's 30 years old. He grades out as the #8 Guard.

I think we'd surely look at these guys if we made one of their coaches our HC.

Havenstein signed a 4 year 32.5 million extension with the Rams in August.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote