Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra day could be big for Smith
Concussions are tricky, but I know just one extra day can be crucial. I realize an extra day makes a difference with any kind of injury, but it just seems like if a guy really is over a concussion he is 100% recovered. Most other injuries have a lingering effect, so players come back when they are 80%-90% recovered.

Even though we have had amazing luck with injuries this year you know almost everyone is a little nicked up. Getting this extra long break from Thursday to Monday is good.
Reply/Quote
I agree, Fred. It could help him. Just not sure if another week makes him more solid against another head injury.

By the way, did you notice John Clayton had Andre on his mid-season all-pro team? I've always thought a lot of people here underrated Andre, a little bit, but that still surprised me.
Reply/Quote
Hope so.

Could definitely use all our meat and tater guys ready against Houston.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It is a mini bye week, hope he is good to go at the very least by the next game after Houston.

We need to keep Watt contained to a point, he will win some battles we just have to keep it to a minimum
and to where he does not cause turnovers. Great player but we already know that, he has beat us in the
Playoffs before. No more of that shit. Beat the Texans down please...
Reply/Quote
I hope Andre is doing everything in his power to get back. He's been a real gem this year, and we need him against the Texans...even though the Bengals beat them with the horrible Marshall Newhouse playing RT a year ago.

Further evidence why the Giants won't beat the Pats....he's starting RT for the Giants.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 06:57 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I agree, Fred. It could help him.  Just not sure if another week makes him more solid against another head injury.

By the way, did you notice John Clayton had Andre on his mid-season all-pro team?  I've always thought a lot of people here underrated Andre, a little bit, but that still surprised me.

I noticed that but also noticed he didn't have Big Whit so Clayton's list is immediately rendered garbage.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Concussions are tricky, but I know just one extra day can be crucial.   I realize an extra day makes a difference with any kind of injury, but it just seems like if a guy really is over a concussion he is 100% recovered.  Most other injuries have a lingering effect, so players come back when they are 80%-90% recovered.

Even though we have had amazing luck with injuries this year you know almost everyone is a little nicked up.  Getting this extra long break from Thursday to Monday is good.

Doesn't he have to take part in drills, and then get evaluated again before he leaves the concussion protocol?  I've always heard it is a multi-step process.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:57 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I noticed that but also noticed he didn't have Big Whit so Clayton's list is immediately rendered garbage.

Yeah, Whit should be on everybody's All Pro team if they follow LT's.

Playing better than anyone right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 12:50 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Doesn't he have to take part in drills, and then get evaluated again before he leaves the concussion protocol?  I've always heard it is a multi-step process.

Yes, I think they have to assess how he responds to physical activity like practice.

Not 100% sure though.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes, I think they have to assess how he responds to physical activity like practice.

Not 100% sure though.

Step 1 is to be cleared for physical activity

Step 2 is to pass that test
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote