Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eye Appointment Yesterday! Weed Warning!
I go to an eye appointment at Lenscrafters yesterday because I had recently just got a new prescription but I was having troubles seeing out of the new glasses.

There was a new doctor that I hadn't seen before and she was probably in her 50s and looked like she was kind of from Middle Eastern descent.

We were chatting and talking about my brain injury and how stem cells and weed were the only cure to brain injuries and, since I don't have any stem cells laying around, weed will have to do.

I suddenly started panicking inside like "holy shit...... it's just weed but what if she tells people I know or anything else........."

She smiles and says "yep....... weed cures everything!"

I haven't vaped much since Covid but I always used to because it was the only time I'd think clearly and, when I would do it, I'd always inhale and hold it in for a while to let it all get into my system before I'd exhale.

I didn't even tell her that but she said that doing that can damage the eye and told me a story of how it ruptured the blood vessels (or something) in someone she know's eye! She said it can cause serious damage!

I LOVE this doctor, so I had to share and offer that warning to anyone that vapes:

DON'T HOLD IT IN!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I go to an eye appointment at Lenscrafters yesterday because I had recently just got a new prescription but I was having troubles seeing out of the new glasses.

There was a new doctor that I hadn't seen before and she was probably in her 50s and looked like she was kind of from Middle Eastern descent.

We were chatting and talking about my brain injury and how stem cells and weed were the only cure to brain injuries and, since I don't have any stem cells laying around, weed will have to do.

I suddenly started panicking inside like "holy shit...... it's just weed but what if she tells people I know or anything else........."

I haven't vaped much since Covid but I always used to because it was the only time I'd think clearly and, when I would do it, I'd always inhale and hold it in for a while to let it all get into my system before I'd exhale.

I didn't even tell her that but she said that doing that can damage the eye and told me a story of how it ruptured the blood vessels (or something) in someone she know's eye! She said it can cause serious damage!

I LOVE this doctor, so I had to share and offer that warning to anyone that vapes:

DON'T HOLD IT IN!
reminds me of that Curb your Enthusiasm episode with Larrys dad and the glaucoma... 
Reply/Quote
I got nothing against weed, but I would be a bit worried about a doctor who claims "Weed cures everything".

The big question we all have is are yuo able to see better out of your new glasses?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:42 AM)kalibengal Wrote: reminds me of that Curb your Enthusiasm episode with Larrys dad and the glaucoma... 

Hilarious

Love that episode when the dude's like "just leave."

Hilarious

It's hilarious how weed used to be so looked down on and like it was as bad as crack!

Now, people do it to help so many things!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:
DON'T HOLD IT IN!

I think it is the size of the hit more than the fact that you hold it in. If you take a small hit then it does not really create any extra pressure on the eyes.  It is the big ones that create pressure on your eyes.

I have searched and found no warning that simply holding your breath can damage your eyes, but I did find this study that shows that holding your breath might help heal brain injuries.

Hold your breath! - PMC (nih.gov)

Reactive oxygen species produced in response to changes in the level of oxygen in water can promote the regeneration of brain tissue in newts.
Reply/Quote
I know a bunch of people love to make the claim that weed never hurt anyone ever, but not quite true. Quite a few asthma cases get traced directly back to it and it's not great for your lungs. Good friend of mine swore by weed for his severe asthma till it killed him.. I wish I had a dime every time I took him to an ER after smoking weed.
Don't get me wrong..Your body, do what you want to with it. I have no objections to any drugs that don't immediately kill you. I was a heroin addict so there's that. I ain't got much room to complain. Just be careful and don't pin all your hopes of an instant cure involving weed. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 06:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: I know a bunch of people love to make the claim that weed never hurt anyone ever, but not quite true. Quite a few asthma cases get traced directly back to it and it's not great for your lungs. Good friend of mine swore by weed for his severe asthma till it killed him.. I wish I had a dime every time I took him to an ER after smoking weed.
Don't get me wrong..Your body, do what you want to with it. I have no objections to any drugs that don't immediately kill you. I was a heroin addict so there's that. I ain't got much room to complain. Just be careful and don't pin all your hopes of an instant cure involving weed. 

I don't think it's an instant cure or maybe even a cure at all (even though studies are suggesting it), but I do know that the only time I think clearly is when I vape.

I'm guessing that also helps with your point about damaging the lungs since it's not smoke.

I don't do it enough for it to be that damaging, even if it did harm the lungs.
Reply/Quote
I think I've figured out why you see blurry with your new glasses..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I go to an eye appointment at Lenscrafters yesterday because I had recently just got a new prescription but I was having troubles seeing out of the new glasses.

DON'T HOLD IT IN!

It's a myth anyway. Holding your breath doesn't make it any more potent. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote