Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyes Getting Adjusted To New Glasses?
I just got a new prescription because apparently my eyesight somehow improved (which seems impossible because my brain injury, which is what causes my bad vision, is only supposed to get worse), and I'm kind of struggling to see clearly with these, especially anything at any distance.

Online, it says that it could just take some time to get used to but I'm just worried that when I guessed on the letters I could see in that little scope thing that I got some right so they think mom vision is better than it really is.

Does anyone have any experience with vision getting better and getting new glasses with a new prescription? How long didi it take for your eyes to get used to them? Is it the same if your vision gets worse?
Reply/Quote
I doubt it.

You should see clearly with your new glasses instantly.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I wear readers and there have been times over the years when I increased magnification it took a few days to adjust. I think prescription however is more accurate (just a guess). If I was you I would google it to get a little knowledge and then maybe call your optometrist or vice versa.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 07:25 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I doubt it.

^^^This.

You should instantly see better when putting on your new glasses.

Id call and see about getting it redone

**If you just had Eye Surgery that can take a few days to clear up. Like Lasik or cataract surgery
Reply/Quote
Did you order the glasses online or get a professional fitting?

If you guessed or submitted an incorrect PD it can affect the vision.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you order the glasses online or get a professional fitting?

If you guessed or submitted an incorrect PD it can affect the vision.

LensCrafters and they have an eye doctor deal next door. My prescription sunglasses are on order and I have to pick them up on the 18th.

If my vision is still messed up by then, I’ll get another eye exam and have them order me new ones that they can pay for because these were $550 or so and then I think the eye exam probably cost something decent.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 07:25 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I doubt it.

This.

Unless you are getting bifocals, but you seem young for that.

I knew a lady who could not see well out of her new glasses.  She had slightly different prescription for each eye and they had switched them.  She actually wore them for a while until one day she was trying to make a baby laugh and she put her glasses on upside down.  She realized she could see better with them that way.
Reply/Quote
When I very first started prescription glasses, it took a couple of days to get used to them. Any changes to them since has been instantly improved and no time needed to adjust. I do have friends who have gotten their prescription changed and it wasn't quite right. Plenty of factors for that to be the case when visiting the eye doc, but probably just worth another trip and get them adjusted vs dealing with headaches from making it worse.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 03:48 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: When I very first started prescription glasses, it took a couple of days to get used to them. Any changes to them since has been instantly improved and no time needed to adjust. I do have friends who have gotten their prescription changed and it wasn't quite right. Plenty of factors for that to be the case when visiting the eye doc, but probably just worth another trip and get them adjusted vs dealing with headaches from making it worse.

My prescription sunglasses came in today so I’m going to roll down there and see what they think.
Reply/Quote
My vision improved a few years ago in my late fifties. My optometrist told me it is quite common for people this age to get improved eyesight due to the eyeballs contracting. I had never heard of this. I got a new prescription and adjusted quickly. I wear trifocals which may be a difference. Something sounds wrong with your glasses.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Hint: Don't guess. Tell the doc that you don't know.. What if you guess right every time?  YOU CAN SEE!  Even if you can't.. 
My dad used to guess even though he was completely blind in one eye and had a chunk of broken glass in the other.. His eye doctor would just shake his head..
My eyes went to crap around 15-20 years ago. I still can remember it happening. I was going through withdraw in jail.. The day I was arrested I was reading one of those tiny Bibles while still in booking.  By the time I was released I couldn't focus my eyes anymore..  Kind of sucks, but oh well.. I always get polycarbonate lenses so they won't shatter when shit hits them when I work. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote