Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ezekiel Elliott getting released
Cowboys have informed Elliott he will be released as a post-June 1 candidate to create cap space.
I'm not sharing this to advocate the Bengals sign Elliott, just spreading FA news.
https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-likely-to-release-rb-ezekiel-elliott-after-seven-seasons
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One of the worst contracts we have seen in the league in a while. They kept him around for 2 years longer than they should have and still ate a ton of money.
Reply/Quote
Well he’s made his money. If he wants to come back to the buckeye state and play for $2 mil I’d gladly sign him. He can block and be a good short yardage back still. Even though he is nowhere near what he once was.
Reply/Quote
Restructure Mixon...sign Zeke at a reasonable rate as 3rd down back. I am thinking he is probably still better than Perine.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Well he’s made his money. If he wants to come back to the buckeye state and play for $2 mil I’d gladly sign him. He can block and be a good short yardage back still. Even though he is nowhere near what he once was.

He used to absolutely blow people up in pass pro. Not sure if he still does but a cheap, cheap deal would be fine with me.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He used to absolutely blow people up in pass pro. Not sure if he still does but a cheap, cheap deal would be fine with me.

He's still one of the top blockers in the league. If we can get him, we should.
Reply/Quote
Hard pass.

Dude has nothing left - Dallas ran him into the ground.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Can he play safety?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's still one of the top blockers in the league. If we can get him, we should.

Great blocker, which we need since the coaches weren't too happy with Mixon's pass blocking. 

Don't know how much he offers as a runner. I don't think he even averaged 4 YPC last year and that was behind a great offensive line, which we've improved, but are we improved that much? 

I'd love to have him (on the cheap) since I'm an OSU homer and maybe coming here would rejuvenate his career and maybe having Burrow at QB would force defenses to give him more favorable looks, but I think we need another back for the early downs.
Reply/Quote
Elliott has nearly 2000 carries if counting reg+postseason.
He's averaged nearly 284 carries a season in his 7-year career.
But that's heavily weighted by his first 4 years in the league.
Nowadays, he's more in the 225-250 range, which is more about in Mixon's range.

I dunno if I'd expected a marked improvement over Mixon when it comes to running/receiving, but I do think he'd be an upgrade as a blocker and could ultimately save the Bengals some money. He'd have to be willing to sign for under $7 mill if he's going to save the team money though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 03:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Great blocker, which we need since the coaches weren't too happy with Mixon's pass blocking. 

Don't know how much he offers as a runner. I don't think he even averaged 4 YPC last year and that was behind a great offensive line, which we've improved, but are we improved that much? 

I'd love to have him (on the cheap) since I'm an OSU homer and maybe coming here would rejuvenate his career and maybe having Burrow at QB would force defenses to give him more favorable looks, but I think we need another back for the early downs.

He is still one of the better backs available and would probably take an incentive laden deal, no way tldoes he get more than the 3.75 some of these guys are getting.  He may bet on himself seeing the writing on the wall with Mixon even if they add a rookie.  He could have a solid season and sign on for two more to split carries with the rookie.
Reply/Quote