Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"F*@% Joe Biden" Chants?
(09-08-2021, 02:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The same Donald J. Trump who withdrew 80% of our troops and left Biden holding the bag? The same DJT who released 5000 Taliban fighters for the low price of nothing? That the same guy who called PoWs losers and kept insulting Gold Star families?

Can't imagine why people would want to give him a share of the blame for that shit show.

Trump's support with the military did erode from 2016 to 2020. Even being a "Republican" doesn't make you immune from concequences in that demographic.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 11:22 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Where were all these tears over the Americans who died over the last 20 years over there? You don't get to be sad about the sudden loss of lives when you've been dead silent on the matter for the last 5 years.

Those were casualties of war for a just cause.

These deaths were due to Biden being incompetent.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 02:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The same Donald J. Trump who withdrew 80% of our troops and left Biden holding the bag? The same DJT who released 5000 Taliban fighters for the low price of nothing? That the same guy who called PoWs losers and kept insulting Gold Star families?

Can't imagine why people would want to give him a share of the blame for that shit show.

I believe he only called McCain a loser, not POW's in general.  Although I see how the comment can be applied to anyone who was "captured".  As for the insulting gold star families, I actively dislike this position.  You can't march a gold star family up on stage at the DNC, have them lambast Trump and then clutch your pearls when he claps back at them.  They decided to use their status as a gold star family to make a political statement and attack the other side.  At that point they're no different than anyone else attacking the other side.

In regard to Biden, he totally screwed the pooch on this and that's not even debatable.  What's really going to haunt him are his 100% assurances that what actually happened would never happen.  It makes him look utterly ignorant and unprepared.  Was he?  None of us will ever know for sure, but what we do know doesn't exactly make Biden look good.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 03:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Those were casualties of war for a just cause.

These deaths were due to Biden being incompetent.

A just cause. HA.

Imagine believing that drivel. You probably thought they had WMDs stashed over there.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe he only called McCain a loser, not POW's in general.  Although I see how the comment can be applied to anyone who was "captured".  As for the insulting gold star families, I actively dislike this position.  You can't march a gold star family up on stage at the DNC, have them lambast Trump and then clutch your pearls when he claps back at them.  They decided to use their status as a gold star family to make a political statement and attack the other side.  At that point they're no different than anyone else attacking the other side.

In regard to Biden, he totally screwed the pooch on this and that's not even debatable.  What's really going to haunt him are his 100% assurances that what actually happened would never happen.  It makes him look utterly ignorant and unprepared.  Was he?  None of us will ever know for sure, but what we do know doesn't exactly make Biden look good.

Even if it was only directed at McCain, the dude has no ground to insult any soldier, or cop, or fireman, or even a landscaper (statistically one of the most dangerous jobs out there fwiw). Dude got his daddy to pay a doctor to claim he had bone spurs so he could duck the draft like the coward he is. Meanwhile McCain did his duty, got captured and tortured. I'll take 1000 McCain's to a sliver of a Trump. **** that guy, and **** anybody who supported him after that kind of bullshit comment. As for the Gold Star family deal, you can't be the party of SuPpOrT tHe TrOoPs and then back a guy who shits on them (a guy who ducked the draft with a lie, as previously stated).

Biden screwed the pooch, sure. No one is arguing that. But this faux outrage over him pulling the collapsing block on a 20 year game of political Jenga is just as nonsensical as Brad's faux sympathy for the dead troops in Afghanistan. Which one could argue were actually doing the most just thing they've done over there in 20 years in evacuating people, as opposed to fighting a war against an idea.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe he only called McCain a loser, not POW's in general.  Although I see how the comment can be applied to anyone who was "captured".  As for the insulting gold star families, I actively dislike this position.  You can't march a gold star family up on stage at the DNC, have them lambast Trump and then clutch your pearls when he claps back at them.  They decided to use their status as a gold star family to make a political statement and attack the other side.  At that point they're no different than anyone else attacking the other side.

If Biden had been advised that the Afghan army would fold like a wet tissue and that the Afghan prez was going to bail out like a coward a different plan would have been in place I guarantee.

Considering the circumstances, only one mass casualty event due to a religious extremist suicide bomber is a shocker IMO.

If shitting on Biden over this makes a person feel better good for them. I feel better about being out of Afghanistan and there is only one person to thank for that, the single greatest president this country has ever had.

That last bit was sarcasm if you didn’t notice, a shot at the ones who called the dumpster fire traitor conman the best ever.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 04:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A just cause. HA.

Imagine believing that drivel. You probably thought they had WMDs stashed over there.

You don't think hunting down bin Laden after what he did to our country was a just cause?  

We also brought some stability to the country and helped a lot of people.

There's a reason why so many many women and young girls were begging the soldiers to stay.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You don't think hunting down bin Laden after what he did to our country was a just cause?  

We also brought some stability to the country and helped a lot of people.

There's a reason why so many many women and young girls were begging the soldiers to stay.

Dude, we got Bin Laden under Obama's 8 years - why the **** were we still there if that was all we were after? Oh right. The same reason we keep getting involved in the Middle East.

We brought SO much stability that it folded like a house of cards in the Scottish highlands as soon as we quit supporting it. Actually, scratch that - we weren't even fully done supporting it and it collapsed like so many lies about stolen elections.

I'm not saying the people there didn't have it slightly better with our troops on the ground, but only in that there weren't as many repercussions for learning to read as a girl when Americans were running the schools.

Stop listening to propaganda and actually look at what we accomplished in 20 years.

Oh look at that - **** all. Because going to war with an idea is idiotic, and the corporate overlords are mad the jig is up and they can't keep milking those sweet government contracts.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 04:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Even if it was only directed at McCain, the dude has no ground to insult any soldier, or cop, or fireman, or even a landscaper (statistically one of the most dangerous jobs out there fwiw). Dude got his daddy to pay a doctor to claim he had bone spurs so he could duck the draft like the coward he is. Meanwhile McCain did his duty, got captured and tortured. I'll take 1000 McCain's to a sliver of a Trump. **** that guy, and **** anybody who supported him after that kind of bullshit comment. As for the Gold Star family deal, you can't be the party of SuPpOrT tHe TrOoPs and then back a guy who shits on them (a guy who ducked the draft with a lie, as previously stated).

Don't confuse my statement with a defense of his comments on McCain.  I've said numerous times McCain is one of the few politicians in my lifetime I have/had any respect for.  I'm just trying to be accurate.  As for the gold star family, that I stand by.  You can't use them as a political prop and then act shocked and outraged when they are attacked back.  They made they choise to wade into the political fray, getting hit with shrapnel is part of that.

Quote:Biden screwed the pooch, sure. No one is arguing that. But this faux outrage over him pulling the collapsing block on a 20 year game of political Jenga is just as nonsensical as Brad's faux sympathy for the dead troops in Afghanistan. Which one could argue were actually doing the most just thing they've done over there in 20 years in evacuating people, as opposed to fighting a war against an idea.

Well, to be fair, many people are trying to do exactly that, even on this board.  As I stated very early in this thread the people I blame the most for all of this is W and Cheney.  But Biden ****** up, and he ****** up bad.  None of the past four administrations are blameless, to be sure.  It's also a fact that Biden was/is part of two of them
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 04:36 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Biden had been advised that the Afghan army would fold like a wet tissue and that the Afghan prez was going to bail out like a coward a different plan would have been in place I guarantee.

Considering the circumstances, only one mass casualty event due to a religious extremist suicide bomber is a shocker IMO.

If shitting on Biden over this makes a person feel better good for them. I feel better about being out of Afghanistan and there is only one person to thank for that, the single greatest president this country has ever had.

That last bit was sarcasm if you didn’t notice, a shot at the ones who called the dumpster fire traitor conman the best ever.

I think you're assuming facts not in evidence here, but I also think you and I agree on this far more than we don't.
Reply/Quote
Are we still supposed to be heeding college students?

I am of the same opinion as above. Distasteful.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   As for the insulting gold star families, I actively dislike this position.  You can't march a gold star family up on stage at the DNC, have them lambast Trump and then clutch your pearls when he claps back at them.

I deem that true. Imho, it's not so much about him just attacking them, it's more the way he attacked them. Eg. by referring to their faith and mustering the stereotype that the women is possibly not allowed to speak.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 05:52 AM)hollodero Wrote: I deem that true. Imho, it's not so much about him just attacking them, it's more the way he attacked them. Eg. by referring to their faith and mustering the stereotype that the women is possibly not allowed to speak.

On this I absolutely agree.  Seeing as it's Trump the type of attack being distasteful is rather par for the course.  The problem is that you don't ever hear about how he attacked them, just that he had the effrontery to attack them at all because they're a gold star family.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We also brought some stability to the country and helped a lot of people.

I was under the impression that liberals were the ones who wanted to spend my money helping people who won't help themselves. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 11:49 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: On this I absolutely agree.  Seeing as it's Trump the type of attack being distasteful is rather par for the course.  The problem is that you don't ever hear about how he attacked them, just that he had the effrontery to attack them at all because they're a gold star family.

I get it. It's indeed often rather shortened to such a principle that you can never ever say anything negative about a Gold Star family no matter what they do, where they appear and how they go after you in return. Imho, it is shortened in that way because that is on par with the shortness of the usual recipient's attention span.
I do, however, think that topic would not have come up with such verocity, or at all, if the way Trump had disagreed with said gold star family would not have been in such a particular vile manner - eg. insinuating that this man's religion probably makes him treat his wife in a despotic, misogynistic and unamerican manner. Which I see as rather disgusting "islamophiobic" comment (meaning it's aimed at people who agree that muslims just don't live by american values) than "just" distasteful and I guess is the main reason behind people's anger towards that; not that he dared to disagree with a gold star family in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 05:52 AM)hollodero Wrote: I deem that true. Imho, it's not so much about him just attacking them, it's more the way he attacked them. Eg. by referring to their faith and mustering the stereotype that the women is possibly not allowed to speak.

Of course that wasn't the only time he had problems with them.

He (more than likely) lied about calling the families.  Lied about what past President's did.  Lied about the conversation he had with one when it was made public.  And he repeated a lie from someone else about someone who criticized him.

Trump has zero empathy, plays the victim and in general is an awful human being.  But we all know that.  At least he didn't look at his watch once.

Time line here:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-frederica-wilson-gold-star-la-david-johnson-2017-10#friday-october-20-5

All of which means nothing really because the topic of the thread is about people chanting their dislike for the current President.  Which they have every right to do.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was under the impression that liberals were the ones who wanted to spend my money helping people who won't help themselves. 

It is.  Are you saying the Afghan people didn't/don't want help?  Are you saying they like being under the rule of the Taliban?

Are you saying the young women and girls that lined up at the fences while the troops were leaving begging the soldiers to take them with them because they know the rape and torture they face don't want help?  They were just being dramatic?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It is.  Are you saying the Afghan people didn't/don't want help?  Are you saying they like being under the rule of the Taliban?

Are you saying the young women and girls that lined up at the fences while the troops were leaving begging the soldiers to take them with them because they know the rape and torture they face don't want help?  They were just being dramatic?

Something something boot straps something something no hand outs something something.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 11:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I will say, in regard to the actual point of OP, I'm not a fan of this. The office deserves a minimum level of respect, regardless of the occupant or your views on them. Publicly disparaging them is not good for any of us. This level of acrimony will only lead to deeper division. Although maybe that's no longer avoidable? Sad if true.

Absolutely correct.

(09-08-2021, 10:35 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: More respect than the US soldiers/citizens that died in Afghanistan due to his shit-show of a withdrawal?

Please.

Thanks to you ******* below us, we had a scene of this, this past-weekend:

https://youtu.be/71H8cMbMlk0

It's too bad that many in our country can't grow a damn brain and not emulate you guys, but FFS, the amount of classlessness and lack of respect is beyond-disgusting.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It is.  Are you saying the Afghan people didn't/don't want help?  Are you saying they like being under the rule of the Taliban?

I'm sure it's real and I'm sure it sucks.  I'm also sure we could use the same argument to let a bunch of people in from Mexico, too.  I'm just wondering why the notion that we need to put "America first" is only being selectively applied.

If Afghanistan bordered the USA we'd have half the country telling them to suck it up and demanding we build a wall to keep them out.
Reply/Quote