Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2019 Free Agency Class
So, um, Miller cut. BW Webb cut. Wynn a free agent.

Preston Brown cut mid-season at the start of a 3 year deal. Andre Smith cut last year too. Dennard gone. Eifert likely gone. Bobby Hart's still here - at least for now - if we count him as a Free Agent and CJ Uzomah must be nervous.

The legacy of this class for the Bengals now rides almost entirely on one man and he's not even a Bengal yet and was leaving Ohio in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:14 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: So, um, Miller cut. BW Webb cut. Wynn a free agent.

Preston Brown cut mid-season at the start of a 3 year deal. Andre Smith cut last year too. Dennard gone. Eifert likely gone. Bobby Hart's still here - at least for now - if we count him as a Free Agent and CJ Uzomah must be nervous.

The legacy of this class for the Bengals now rides almost entirely on one man and he's not even a Bengal yet and was leaving Ohio in 2019.

I think they let Eifert test the waters, then resign him.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:14 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: So, um, Miller cut. BW Webb cut. Wynn a free agent.

Signing good players and cutting shitty players is what this team should have been doing years ago.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think they let Eifert test the waters, then resign him.

with the medicals on him and the current situation with contracts due to corona its a very good possibility that he comes back on another 1 year deal.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I remember when people were using Miller as evidence that the Bengals were taking the line seriously. Hilarious
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember when people were using Miller as evidence that the Bengals were taking the line seriously. Hilarious

I give credit to the Bengals last season signing those FA's on what are essentially one year deals with minimal dead cap money, Miller being the worst case.  They didn't tie their hands with anyone leaving them totally free to add and subtract as they wish.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Goes to show what an awful year last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Good.  Off with their heads.  Move on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:09 PM)McC Wrote: Good.  Off with their heads.  Move on.

Eric Reid anyone?  He's now a FA, been released.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: Signing good players and cutting shitty players is what this team should have been doing years ago.  

Yes, I like these new waters.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 01:53 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I give credit to the Bengals last season signing those FA's on what are essentially one year deals with minimal dead cap money, Miller being the worst case.  They didn't tie their hands with anyone leaving them totally free to add and subtract as they wish.

Well yeah, it's great that they didn't anchor themselves to scrubs.

Just wish they would've signed someone better than John Miller over the last 4 years.

Yeah yeah, Cordy Glenn was a decent trade, but that was really their only good attempt at fixing this line via any means other than the draft.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well yeah, it's great that they didn't anchor themselves to scrubs.

Just wish they would've signed someone better than John Miller over the last 4 years.

Yeah yeah, Cordy Glenn was a decent trade, but that was really their only good attempt at fixing this line via any means other than the draft.

Don’t you think they knew they were scrubs when they signed many of those guys last year who are now gone?
Because they had nothing last year, FA pick ups were better than nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:59 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Don’t you think they knew they were scrubs when they signed many of those guys last year who are now gone?
Because they had nothing last year,  FA pick ups were better than nothing.

WhoDey2 I don't know. I don't want to give credit to MB, Katie&Hubby, Duke and a brand new coaching staff, but this whole tanking thing is starting to gain ground.

The 3 games Finley started, Dalton would've won 2 of them. 

Now, they have #1OA (Franchise QB) picks at the top of most rounds, are jettisoning deadwood, picking up FAs that will really help.

I just don't know... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well yeah, it's great that they didn't anchor themselves to scrubs.

It was so funny how Miller was boasted as the star FA signing while Buffalo fans were ecstatic to be rid of him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:15 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I don't know. I don't want to give credit to MB, Katie&Hubby, Duke and a brand new coaching staff, but this whole tanking thing is starting to gain ground.

The 3 games Finley started, Dalton would've won 2 of them. 

Now, they have #1OA (Franchise QB) picks at the top of most rounds, are jettisoning deadwood, picking up FAs that will really help.

I just don't know... 

Didn't win any games until winning a couple games wouldn't hurt.  Hmmm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:25 AM)McC Wrote: Didn't win any games until winning a couple games wouldn't hurt.  Hmmm.
That's what I'm saying. I'm trying not to be a conspiracy theorist...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:56 AM)JSR18 Wrote: That's what I'm saying. I'm trying not to be a conspiracy theorist...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A little conspiracy theory can be fun as long as you don't build your life around it.

Reply/Quote