Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA RT MDD Revamp
So, following the feedback on my original FA RT simulation it seemed that some would be more comfortable with more priority being put on the WR receiver position given that in this scenario it could be rightfully assumed that Tyler Boyd would make an exit in free agency and that it could be up in the air if Higgins plays under the franchise tag or does not or possibly is a sign and trade. As with the previous simulation there are some assumptions being made about returning personnel.

* Players resigned: Tanner Hudson, Trenton Irwin, Cal Adomitis
* Likely that DJ Reader returns on at least a 1 year deal, Drew Sample and Cody Ford could both likely return as well given relationship with the team.
* Bengals sign either Trent Brown or Jermaine Eluemunor

If the Bengals made the above moves I believe that it really opens up the Bengals to go many different directions in the first round which could be take best available player or trade down to obtain gain second day selections to really help establish a young core and overall improve the team. In this simulation the Bengals were offered a trade down with San Francisco that I felt really provided the Bengals high value and put them in position to really address key areas of improvement within the franchise.

San Francisco offered for the 18th overall selection: 1-31, 2-63, and 3-98. This may sound like a lot but when you apply the trade calculator it is a 900 to 984 value trade which is very realistic. The trade:

Reply/Quote
The Draft:

Reply/Quote
RD. 1 - 31st Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL1FqdLSGo1UQXsVuHaG9...Q&usqp=CAU]

Graham Barton - OL - Duke - 6'5" 314

The player I really like for the Chiefs is Creed Humphrey, who I really wanted the Bengals to draft, when I look at the skillset and play of Barton I see a guy that really compares favorably to Humphrey. This is a guy that brings elite football IQ to the field and a true finisher mentality. Barton brings the ability to play all five offensive line positions but I feel he an elite level center. his ability to communicate and process what a defense is doing along with his ability to generate explosive power off of the snap are all reasons I see him making his living in the middle of the line.

Barton has outstanding athleticism, elite processing skills, and natural physicality. What he does not have is elite length and while that does not mean he cannot play outside it does, in most cases, make it far more difficult to deal with the length and athleticism on the edges in the NFL. Bringing Barton in at center brings true athleticism to the position which we are lacking at this time and would allow Karras to replace Volson at LG where Karras also has played in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
RD. 2 - 49th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdUw0IRaa0BObB_XaAhfh...A&usqp=CAU]
Xavier Legette - WR - S. Carolina - 6'3" 227

When you watch film on this kid about the only thing you can say is "wow" when you realize the size, length, and speed combination that he brings to the field. This kid is huge and can run! So let's just get it out of the way now...there is much room for growth with Legette as a prospect. He has run what many would consider a limited route tree and has only had a single outstanding season of performance and these are legit concerns. However, the ceiling that this kid brings and just the pure natural ability he displays is really something special.

Legette offers some true mismatch opportunities even early on even if he is just sent out as a vertical threat. He has an outstanding catch radius and and is really good after the catch while being a true handful to tackle once he has the ball. The areas that some will want to see Legette develop in are all areas that should continue to develop as he learns more of how to play the position as well as takes in NFL coaching. If Higgins does not return his presence as a vertical threat could be a key and if Higgins does return under the tag he just adds one more threat as a weapon. What an outstanding get for the Bengals at this point.

RD. 2 - 63rd Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM_vEodIxcxoG_wGd7Ubz...A&usqp=CAU]

Ruke Orhorhoro - DT - Clemson - 6'4" 290

I can say for myself that the more film I watch on Ruke the more that I like him as a young prospect. Clemson has been known for consistently putting out quality and well coached defensive line talent and Ruke continues in that mold. What makes Ruke even more impressive is the fact that he did not even start playing football until he was a junior in high school.

With his frame right and abilities right now Ruke may best align as a 3 technique but he has a frame that could absolutely carry more mass and the natural strength to play the nose in years to come. Ruke played all along the defensive line for the Tigers and was productive no matter where he lined up. While he does not carry a lot of mass he does generate just pure natural strength and outstanding athleticism. He brings violent hands and consistently wins at the line of scrimmage with rips and bull rushes while also having the skillset to win with athleticism. Ruke is a high value get at this point in the draft for the Bengals and brings outstanding young talent to the middle of the D line.
Reply/Quote
RD. 3 - 80th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbSkElMbujlb2UszY73-i...Q&usqp=CAU]
Jonathon Brooks - RB - Texas - 6'0" 207

I am a big fan of Trey Benson from Florida State and many may like Blake Corum out of UM. However, I believe Brooks visit completely with what the Bengals are looking for in the run game and brings an instant upgrade over Mixon. I have been a Mixon supporter and I truly appreciate what he brings to the run game and the locker room. With that said I feel that the relationship has run it's course and it is time for the Bengals to take the running game to the next level.

Brooks brings elite vision and acceleration to the position. That vision and acceleration allow Brooks to exploit the slightest hole and he has the speed to take it to the house when he gets to the second level. He has displayed his outstanding ability as a receiver with great hands and the ability to produce after the catch. A concern that comes with virtually every young back is their ability to protect in the passing game and pick up blitzers and these are things that Brooks has proven to be very good at for Texas. Brooks and Brown bring a pair of explosive and dynamic backs for this Bengals backfield.

RD. 3 - 98th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiACVMD_M5Cn95ObVGvgl...A&usqp=CAU]

McKinnley Jackson - DT - Texas A&M - 6'2" 325

Jackson is a thick, high motor run stopper who was a two year team captain for the Aggies. To go along with being a two time captain Jackson also won the Aggies Defensive Leadership Award, Defensive MVP, and the team Strength and Conditioning Award. Jackson was a NT that consistently drew double teams and has shown some ability to anchor against these doubles but this is also an area where Jackson can continue to improve. However, his consistent ability to draw doubles should allow other defenders to stay clean and work to make plays. He brings outstanding explosion off of the snap and really good athleticism for his frame.

Jackson is a guy that should be able to provide quality snaps to keep Reader fresh should he return and if Reader does not return then this selection is even bigger as I believe that Jackson absolutely could be a day 1 starter for this franchise. While he is outstanding as a run stopper he also brings a decent ceiling as a pass rusher and just needs to continue to develop his skills in this area. An outstanding young prospect that brings outstanding field skills to go along with great leadership and locker room maturity.
Reply/Quote
RD. 4 - 115th Selection:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQobzblnnlhUf6R8i_aYdf...I&usqp=CAU]
Cade Stover - TE - The Ohio State - 6'4" 251

The nickname Stover ended up with at Ohio State, Farmer Gronk, could not be more fitting. Stover brings elite toughness and effort to the position. While he does not possess elite size, speed, or quickness he offsets much of that with just pure heart and determination. As a blocker he not only understands how to block but employs outstanding technique to go with his strength and natural ability. Stover has really shined for the Buckeyes in clutch situations. While he does not possess outstanding speed or quickness, Stover does understand how to use what he does have to bait defenders and to exploit the seams of a defense. 

As with McKinnley Jackson the Bengals add another player that brings elite maturity, locker room presence, and leadership to the team.
Reply/Quote
Take out Wiley insert WR Javon Baker and I like it even more.
Reply/Quote