Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA TE Contracts were low across the board
(06-26-2023, 07:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Irv Smith has the injury history but also talent... The Dolphins TE group doesnt have that lol. Durham Smythe was the starting TE in 2022 he was also the worst blocking TE in the league and not a good receiver either. Tyler Kroft is 30 and on his 4th team in 4 years. Elijah Higgins has never played TE... maybe they can do something there...

Both these teams rooms are very bad but Ill take a chance on Irv Smith rather than Smythe and Kroft lol. 

To the bolded - For all intents and purposes, Gesicki was the main receiving TE on that team. Smythe may have gotten the starts, but he played second fiddle to Gesicki as a receiver.

Smythe did put up a career high 357 yards (10.5 YPR) in 2021, which isn't bad given Gesicki was taking opportunities away (780 yards, 10.7 YPR).
Smythe's 2021 is about as good as the best Smith has ever done in a season (365 yards).

Maybe it's my huge skepticism that Irv Smith is A) going to stay healthy, and/or B) going to really be that good as a receiving option, but I don't have as much confidence in Irv Smith making an impact as you (and some others) might.
Hopefully my skepticism is unwarranted.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2023, 07:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Irv Smith has the injury history but also talent... The Dolphins TE group doesnt have that lol. Durham Smythe was the starting TE in 2022 he was also the worst blocking TE in the league and not a good receiver either. Tyler Kroft is 30 and on his 4th team in 4 years. Elijah Higgins has never played TE... maybe they can do something there...

Both these teams rooms are very bad but Ill take a chance on Irv Smith rather than Smythe and Kroft lol. 

Good point on the Fins. I guess we aren't the worst TE room lol
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 02:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think if Irv can stay healthy he will do as well as our guys the past 2 years myself.

If Irv is healthy it’s gonna be harder for him NOT to get 600 yards 5 TDS than it will be to get it.

Teams are gonna come right out in that cover 2 next year. Tee and Chase will be doubled over top, with Boyd once again getting shaded by every defense guarding the middle.

Irv just by merit of existing on a team with those 3 WRs will get his.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 06:45 PM)Housh Wrote: If Irv is healthy it’s gonna be harder for him NOT to get 600 yards 5 TDS than it will be to get it.

Teams are gonna come right out in that cover 2 next year. Tee and Chase will be doubled over top, with Boyd once again getting shaded by every defense guarding the middle.

Irv just by merit of existing on a team with those 3 WRs will get his.

Yep, and Burrow learned to tear up the cover 2 by mid season last year. Have a hunch if Irv stays healthy he will feast underneath.
Reply/Quote