Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA WR Target: Damiere Byrd
I love Pitts and would love to see what he could do on this team, but I worry ZT might not figure how to use him proper. Pitts is not a traditional TE or a traditional WR. He's an entity all his own at 6.6" 240ish and a 4.3 40 yd dash. And as good as he is, he "has" been shut down by a S for an entire game durning his time at FL. So he aint superman or anything, but he's damn good and will be a matchup nightmare against most defenders.

I'm still thinking it will be either Chase, Sewell or tradeback. Even if we draft Chase, we will still need another WR either in FA or later in the draft. We are minus AJ and Erickson now. Ross too but he doesnt really count, imo. We could stand to sign a FA, but there will be more available after June 1st. There are always some solid vets cut after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 02:05 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I love Pitts and would love to see what he could do on this team, but I worry ZT might not figure how to use him proper. Pitts is not a traditional TE or a traditional WR. He's an entity all his own at 6.6" 240ish and a 4.3 40 yd dash. And as good as he is, he "has" been shut down by a S for an entire game durning his time at FL. So he aint superman or anything, but he's damn good and will be a matchup nightmare against most defenders.

I'm still thinking it will be either Chase, Sewell or tradeback. Even if we draft Chase, we will still need another WR either in FA or later in the draft. We are minus AJ and Erickson now. Ross too but he doesnt really count, imo. We could stand to sign a FA, but there will be more available after June 1st. There are always some solid vets cut after the draft.

Which game was this? Are you referring to the 2020 Mizzou game against Tyree Gillespie?
If so, Pitts still put up 5 receptions for 81 yards. That's not being shut down.

Also, people ask why he wasn't a #1 WR on his own team.
Well, he only played 8 games and missed part of one of them (Georgia) with the concussion that knocked him out for the other few games. He then chose to skip his bowl game.

Compare Pitts' 2020 per-game average yards to Toney and Grimes:
Pitts - 96.25
Toney - 89.45
Grimes - 53.54

So Pitts was actually the top receiver on his own team, and likely would have topped 1000 yards if he had been able to play every game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote