Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
So, the affidavit is out there and, as expected, heavily redacted. One of the things I found interesting was the classification of some of the documents that they had turned over to the National Archives. The 15 boxes had 180 some classified documents, including documents labeled as "ORCON," "NOFORN," and "HCS." These are compartmental classifications within Top Secret that further protect the information. HCS is about human intelligence (stands for Humint Control System) which means the information is about our spies on the ground. NOFORN means that the information is not to be given to non-citizens of the US, regardless of clearance. ORCON is the most interesting one, and one of the tightest categories. It means that [i]only[/i the individual that produced the document is authorized to disseminate it. Pretty much you can only be given the information by the person who wrote it, and no one else. You cannot give it to anyone else, either. That's it.

Anyway, here is the affidavit if you haven't seen it: https://www.npr.org/2022/08/26/1119588357/trump-warrant-affidavit-mar-a-lago-search
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Trump is apparently taking legal advice about this case from Tom Fitton, founder of Judicial Watch. Fitton, by the way, is NOT an attorney.

This is what it comes down to when you have a long history is ignoring your lawyers' advice and then not paying them to boot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Known Timeline:

1. 7/31/2019: Trump spoke with Putin (NYT)

2. 8/3/2019: Trump issued a request for a list of top US spies (The Daily Beast)

3. 10/5/2021: "CIA Admits to Losing Dozens of Informants". (NYT)

4. 8/26/2022: Documents at MAL Could Compromise Human Intel (NYT)

Might be coincidental ... or not.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
a saw a good recap on facebook:

"So Trump declassified the documents he didn't take, but was totally authorized to take, which he took to write his memoirs... except the FBI planted the documents in the basement of his golf course, which was a completely secure place to store classified documents anyway even if Trump totally didn't have any documents... which were unclassified anyways because he can do that to the documents which he took to protect them for history, and now he wants a court to force the FBI to give him the documents back that he totally didn't take?"

Add in "he took them for his Presidential library like Obama and Clinton" (even though those are run by the NARA, the same agency he would not give the documents to and reached out to the FBI, who planted the documents because he did not actually have the documents that NARA said he had but if he did he would have given them to NARA because he had them for his library.)
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: a saw a good recap on facebook:

"So Trump declassified the documents he didn't take, but was totally authorized to take, which he took to write his memoirs... except the FBI planted the documents in the basement of his golf course, which was a completely secure place to store classified documents anyway even if Trump totally didn't have any documents... which were unclassified anyways because he can do that to the documents which he took to protect them for history, and now he wants a court to force the FBI to give him the documents back that he totally didn't take?"

Add in "he took them for his Presidential library like Obama and Clinton" (even though those are run by the NARA, the same agency he would not give the documents to and reached out to the FBI, who planted the documents because he did not actually have the documents that NARA said he had but if he did he would have given them to NARA because he had them for his library.)

the whole thing is a very bad look an shady. i have supported him thru a lot but this is just to much. he literal put our secrets as a country in danger. dont understand what he was thinking. just plain bad and stupid
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:35 PM)Leon Wrote: the whole thing is a very bad look an shady. i have supported him thru a lot but this is just to much. he literal put our secrets as a country in danger. dont understand what he was thinking. just plain bad and stupid

ne·far·i·ous

adjective

adjective: nefarious
(typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
"the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 06:15 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ne·far·i·ous

adjective

adjective: nefarious
(typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
"the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"

like i said, just plain bad and stupid. i cant defend him on this and i aint even gonna try. he put the country in danger by what he did and thats something i cant look past.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 06:28 PM)Leon Wrote: like i said, just plain bad and stupid. i cant defend him on this and i aint even gonna try. he put the country in danger by what he did and thats something i cant look past.

ex·plic·it

adjective

adjective: explicit
stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
"the speaker's intentions were not made explicit"
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2022, 04:14 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Known Timeline:

1. 7/31/2019: Trump spoke with Putin (NYT)

2. 8/3/2019: Trump issued a request for a list of top US spies (The Daily Beast)

3. 10/5/2021: "CIA Admits to Losing Dozens of Informants". (NYT)

4. 8/26/2022: Documents at MAL Could Compromise Human Intel (NYT)  

Might be coincidental ... or not.

Kind of fits with the bulk of Centcom analysts being reassigned to military bases in the last year.
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t someone normally get arrested when they steal 300 classified documents, steals top secret nuclear documents, hides stolen government documents in magazines, tries to over throw the government, gets cops killed, asks FBI agents to rise up against the agency & other crimes.

At the very least he should be 'detained' in a secure location, and aggressively questioned about what he did with the classified documents, and who saw them, who might have seen them etc. etc. etc.

I’m saying this now…..Trump will walk free from all of this. ***** crazy ass country we all live in.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 11:00 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Doesn’t someone normally get arrested when they steal 300 classified documents, steals top secret nuclear documents, hides stolen government documents in magazines, tries to over throw the government, gets cops killed, asks FBI agents to rise up against the agency & other crimes.

At the very least he should be 'detained' in a secure location, and aggressively questioned about what he did with the classified documents, and who saw them, who might have seen them etc. etc. etc.

I’m saying this now…..Trump will walk free from all of this.  ***** crazy ass country we all live in.

The Rosenberg had been executed for less then that. 

If you don't set an example for the responsibility you have as a POTUS or FPOTUS, it's the open door to complete non sense.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
"Boxes of documents even came with Trump on foreign travel, following him to hotel rooms around the world — including countries considered foreign adversaries of the United States." (Washington Post)

This is getting worse every day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/08/27/trump-archives-records-war/?pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWJpZCI6IjI2MjYyNTA1IiwicmVhc29uIjoiZ2lmdCIsIm5iZiI6MTY2MTY5ODE5MiwiaXNzIjoic3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ucyIsImV4cCI6MTY2MjkwNzc5MiwiaWF0IjoxNjYxNjk4MTkyLCJqdGkiOiIzMDQyY2NmNC1jZjQ3LTQyMTktOTIxYi1kNWY4ZmQ3MmIyZTAiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy53YXNoaW5ndG9ucG9zdC5jb20vcG9saXRpY3MvMjAyMi8wOC8yNy90cnVtcC1hcmNoaXZlcy1yZWNvcmRzLXdhci8ifQ.Tjf5BREpQy-FMIeHgfTkzmpr1qeYlijOnAX5nnM0U7I

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 11:00 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Doesn’t someone normally get arrested when they steal 300 classified documents, steals top secret nuclear documents, hides stolen government documents in magazines, tries to over throw the government, gets cops killed, asks FBI agents to rise up against the agency & other crimes.

I’m saying this now…..Trump will walk free from all of this. ***** crazy ass country we all live in.

Five years and three months for Reality Winner for taking one classified document...
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
[Image: Fbdl1mSXoAAyRNu?format=jpg&name=small]

Nothing to see. Move on.

Reply/Quote
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1564825192865611777.html

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)][Image: nlSOZ4CR_bigger.jpg]
Bradley P. Moss

[Image: Twitter_Logo_Blue.png]
10h  11 tweets  2 min read
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)] Bookmark
 Save as PDF
 My Authors
[/color]
I have read the entire Government filing. I spend all day, every day, litigating against the Government, so some of this is familiar stuff to see. This particular brief is very well-done.

Here are the highlights:

1) The facts. NARA negotiated in 2021 for the missing 

records. They finally got 15 boxes. After going through them and finding all kinds of classified records (not organized at all), they raised the alarm. They wanted to make a referral to the FBI but had to first consult with Trump's team, per the PRA procedure. Trump's team delayed for weeks and weeks, and never substantively responded. Finally, NARA told Trump's team they were making the referral and rejected the "protective" assertion of Executive Privilege.

2) At no time did Trump's legal team file an action *at that point* to prevent the 
referral to FBI.

3) The FBI reviewed the records and the criminal inquiry was opened. A grand jury subpoena was issued to Trump's team. Again, they delayed and delayed in complying. Finally, in early June they agreed to a meeting at MAL to comply. They turned over more 
classified records, and swore out a statement that they had done a diligent search, they had not found any more classified records, and any records that remained were in the storage room. They refused to let the FBI agents look at the boxes in the storage room. 

4) The FBI gathered new evidence that there were in fact more classified records at MAL, including in locations outside of the storage room. They got the search warrant and found approximately 100 additional classified records, some located in Trump's own office.

5) That is 
straight up obstruction and concealment of classified records, and willfully retaining them in an unauthorized location.

6) Now come the legal arguments. First, DOJ says Trump lacks standing. The records are not his: they are the property of the US. Even if he wanted to claim 
them as personal records, he never did so. He did not do so in 2021, he did not do so when subpoenaed, he never did it. He has no possessory interest in the records.

7) Second, they argue Trump is not entitled to any injunctive relief. Again, these are not his records, he 

waited way too long to even try to stop the FBI from getting the records, he's not entitled to relief given Executive Privilege would not apply, and even if it did the criminal investigative need outweighs it.

8) Third, the Special Master is moot. The A/C privilege records 
were already separated and are set to be evaluated by the magistrate. The records Trump claims are covered by EP are not his anyway, and the Nixon precedents make clear he cannot invoke it to override the need to conduct a criminal investigation.

9) To sum it up, Trump took 
PLAINLY MARKED classified records to MAL, he delayed, obstructed and resisted Government efforts to recover them, he (or his staff) concealed the records from investigators, and they got caught doing so.

/end 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 11:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1564825192865611777.html

hes a corrupt orange bufoon and we all know this...the question is: WILL THIS COUNTRY HAVE THE BALLS TO PUT HIM AWAY FOR GOOD?!!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:03 PM)kalibengal Wrote: hes a corrupt orange bufoon and we all know this...the question is: WILL THIS COUNTRY HAVE THE BALLS TO PUT HIM AWAY FOR GOOD?!!

No.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 01:03 PM)kalibengal Wrote: hes a corrupt orange bufoon and we all know this...the question is: WILL THIS COUNTRY HAVE THE BALLS TO PUT HIM AWAY FOR GOOD?!!

100% Not a chance.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:20 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: [Image: Fbdl1mSXoAAyRNu?format=jpg&name=small]

Nothing to see. Move on.

It’s been rather amusing watching conservatives twist themselves into a pretzel trying to explain this photo. When the best they can do is feign outrage over the FBI “tossing” those papers on the floor to implicate Trump in careless treatment of them you know they are struggling.

Of course, the folders are obviously carefully laid out carefully to photograph for evidentiary reasons. Just like they do for every piece of evidence found at a crime scene or during a search warrant. I mean come on, haven’t conservatives ever watched a police drama on tv?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2022, 04:43 AM)pally Wrote: It’s been rather amusing watching conservatives twist themselves into a pretzel trying to explain this photo.  When the best they can do is feign outrage over the FBI “tossing” those papers on the floor to implicate Trump in careless treatment of them you know they are struggling.

"released photographically" is penultimate horsemindedness.
Reply/Quote