Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(08-09-2022, 10:14 AM)Dill Wrote: On one level, yes. 

But they will lead to decidedly un-hilarious political consequences for the country.

https://twitter.com/GOPLeader/status/1556807790433271809
[Image: FZrkbyyX0AElHh-?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Part of me says "GOOD!" because that is what Congress is supposed to be doing. But that is working under the assumption that Congress is operating in good faith, which I do not believe they are.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Part of me says "GOOD!" because that is what Congress is supposed to be doing. But that is working under the assumption that Congress is operating in good faith, which I do not believe they are.

if this can somehow prevent him for running again, great
Any other republican will have more morals and respect then this guy (im hoping)
I cant take another 4 yrs of the clown show

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:08 AM)kalibengal Wrote: if this can somehow prevent him for running again, great
Any other republican will have more morals and respect then this guy (im hoping)

any Republican who shows independence from Trump or Trumpism is persona non grata in the party.  I can not think of one person in the Republican Party that shows any morals that the mass will vote for

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:17 AM)pally Wrote: any Republican who shows independence from Trump or Trumpism is persona non grata in the party.  I can not think of one person in the Republican Party that shows any morals that the mass will vote for

Trump is losing ground to DeSantis and all but the most cultish of GOPers know Trump has done nothing over the past 6 years to win back the independents that powered him to victory in 2016.

The same group of people who claim the election was stolen, despite knowing it wasn't because they know they have to keep up a superficial appearance also know Trump isn't going to be the 2024 candidate even though they know they have to say that he's the face of the party and he's going to return in 2024 and make america something something yet again.

The interesting issue is that Trump might not cooperate and go quietly into the background of the GOP machine as many people/politicians/voters want him to.  This is why you never get in bed with a narcissist, politically or personally.  You'll never be loyal enough for them, they'll never be satisfied with you, their inability to tolerate anyone else will eventually turn into an inability to tolerate you, and you'll spend most of your time just praying silently that they can just dial their crazy down to a 9 so you can possibly tolerate it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is losing ground to DeSantis and all but the most cultish of GOPers know Trump has done nothing over the past 6 years to win back the independents that powered him to victory in 2016.

The same group of people who claim the election was stolen, despite knowing it wasn't because they know they have to keep up a superficial appearance also know Trump isn't going to be the 2024 candidate even though they know they have to say that he's the face of the party and he's going to return in 2024 and make america something something yet again.

The interesting issue is that Trump might not cooperate and go quietly into the background of the GOP machine as many people/politicians/voters want him to.  This is why you never get in bed with a narcissist, politically or personally.  You'll never be loyal enough for them, they'll never be satisfied with you, their inability to tolerate anyone else will eventually turn into an inability to tolerate you, and you'll spend most of your time just praying silently that they can just dial their crazy down to a 9 so you can possibly tolerate it. 

In reality, the best thing for the Republicans is for Trump to go to jail. They then get to run on “deep state” corruption and a promise to save Trump. They get his cult without having to run the guy himself, it’s win/win for them.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:49 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is losing ground to DeSantis and all but the most cultish of GOPers know Trump has done nothing over the past 6 years to win back the independents that powered him to victory in 2016.

But no one or not enough somebodies are ready to say that  out loud.  The reality is that Trump will be the kingmaker in the Republican Party for 2024, even if he is in jail or facing a scheduled trial. The base follows his leadership. And they won't change even when he is guilty of anythin.  Besides he controls hundreds of millions of dollars in donations. For some delusional belief, Republican underlings think he will share that money with them. The candidate will either be him or his hand-selected successor.  DeSantis won't be Trump's choice.  He is too busy fighting Trump for the role of power broker and Trump doesn't like that.  Trump wants someone totally beholden to him so he can play puppet master.  DeSantis shows too much independence. 

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 10:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: That may signal that they have been transferred, or offered to, a 3rd party. I have a family friend (former high up in FBI)  who mentioned that mishandling of classified information rarely results in any consequences for higher ups EXCEPT in situations where they pass the information on to a 3rd party. May not be the case but an interesting idea to consider as we see what this is about.

To get the DoJ, FBI, and a federal judge to sign off on a raid of a former president’s home it would have to be something pretty substantial, and almost certainly a slam dunk.

Or a complete lie by the agents signing the affidavits... you know, like when they lied to get the FISA warrants.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:08 AM)kalibengal Wrote:
if this can somehow prevent him for running again, great

And that is all this is really about. The raid on a former President's house is unprecedented. The Archives and multiple former presidents have sparred back and forth about them taking documents with them. It has always been negotiated with lawyers. Hillary had classified information on a server in her basement, which she then attempted to wipe clean. Anyone see the FBI raid her house? The FBI just took a big swing, and they better have something to knock it out of the park or this miss shows how corrupted the FBI and DOJ are. If all they have is "Trump took classified documents with him" I think they forgot the President has the authority to declassify anything he wants to. Should be interesting to watch, but I think they just stepped in it big time.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 02:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And that is all this is really about. The raid on a former President's house is unprecedented.

Didn't we elect Trump to be an unprecedented president?  We wanted to rush into uncharted territory, so it's a bit late to play the "What about tradition!!?" game now, isn't it?

I will say there has been a whole lotta "nothing to see here" coming from the Trump support side of things.  I'm no lawyer, but it seems like it could be something if they are saying:

1. we think you committed a crime
2. we think you are currently in possession of evidence you committed said crime

But until we see what shakes out, I guess it could be an Al Capone's vault sort of situation. 

HOT TAKE - Jared Kushner is selling Trump out behind his back for his own gain and/or to save his own hide.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 01:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: In reality, the best thing for the Republicans is for Trump to go to jail. They then get to run on “deep state” corruption and a promise to save Trump.  They get his cult without having to run the guy himself, it’s win/win for them.

That poor dude is helpless. He was supposed to be the most powerful man in the world and turned out to be outplayed by almost everyone. Even the meaningless civil servant had more power than him.

He was ruled by governors of his own camp who refused to let him win his landslide reelection. Got outplayed by people he himself put in power and then claimed that they were useless and weak and somehow they fooled him to let Biden win.

Antifa completely outplayed him by invading the capitol and somehow only Trump supporters had been convicted so far.

So unfair. 

Never seen any president in the world being that much lied and betrayed by everyone around him. 

I've the same empathy for him that he had for his friend Ghislaine.

I wish him well, frankly, I really do.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 05:19 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: If innocent nothing to worry about.

A new born baby once told DJT I wish I could be innocent as you are and then the baby cried.

“He was crying,” Trump recounted. “He said, ‘Sir, you're a paragon of innocence. I am but a lowly baby. And I weep for you, because no one has your back except me, sir.'”
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 02:54 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: That poor dude is helpless. He was supposed to be the most powerful man in the world and turned out to be outplayed by almost everyone. Even the meaningless civil servant had more power than him.

He was ruled by governors of his own camp who refused to let him win his landslide reelection. Got outplayed by people he himself put in power and then claimed that they were useless and weak and somehow they fooled him to let Biden win.

Antifa completely outplayed him by invading the capitol and somehow only Trump supporters had been convicted so far.

So unfair. 

Never seen any president in the world being that much lied and betrayed by everyone around him.

I've the same empathy for him that he had for his friend Ghislaine.

I wish him well, frankly, I really do.
Julius Caesar, but he was more of an emperor.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It just happened one time not on daily basis.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 03:26 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It just happened one time not on daily basis.

Well yeah because they killed him that one time.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
BTW, I did like the part in his statement that Hillary 'acid washed 33K Emails' but I guess it's possible to acid wash datas in a world where windmills cause cancer.

Talk about projection.

Reply/Quote
Trump can release the search warrant to everyone That way the whole world can see the supposed whole lot of nothing the DOJ was seeking

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 02:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And that is all this is really about. The raid on a former President's house is unprecedented. The Archives and multiple former presidents have sparred back and forth about them taking documents with them. It has always been negotiated with lawyers. Hillary had classified information on a server in her basement, which she then attempted to wipe clean. Anyone see the FBI raid her house? The FBI just took a big swing, and they better have something to knock it out of the park or this miss shows how corrupted the FBI and DOJ are. If all they have is "Trump took classified documents with him" I think they forgot the President has the authority to declassify anything he wants to. Should be interesting to watch, but I think they just stepped in it big time.

When they're acting president. You can't just keep classified materials when you're voted out. All he had to do was hand that shit back over when they asked and he wouldn't of had to have the feds stomping around his penthouse.

Aren't Republicans supposed to be the party of law and order? Isn't that what you vote for? How is this brazen breach of law and order justifiable to you? I mean seriously - ignore all the media noise from either side and really ask yourself how this is okay? Imagine your outrage if Obama did the same thing after he turned the reins over.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 06:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: When they're acting president. You can't just keep classified materials when you're voted out. All he had to do was hand that shit back over when they asked and he wouldn't of had to have the feds stomping around his penthouse.

Aren't Republicans supposed to be the party of law and order? Isn't that what you vote for? How is this brazen breach of law and order justifiable to you? I mean seriously - ignore all the media noise from either side and really ask yourself how this is okay? Imagine your outrage if Obama did the same thing after he turned the reins over.

Here is a fun spin, not only was removing the documents illegal but if he did so because said documents could have led to a criminal investigation, or maybe a congressional investigation, against him he’d also be dealing with obstruction of justice charges.
Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
The FBI just confiscated Rep Scott Perry’s phone. Not sure if it’s related but he definitely asked for a pardon after 1/6. It makes you wonder what classified documents Trump took and why? There are reports of Meadows burning documents after meeting with Perry and asking Meadows to move their conversations to signal so it seems based off timing that the documents Trump took potentially tie to 1/6.

This thing will get weirder I am sure by the time it’s said and done.
Reply/Quote