Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
I'm unsure about this.

The Feds tend not to do this sort of thing without a lock for some kind of conviction. It's even harder to believe that they'd pull this kind of stunt on an ex-president without some kind of bulletproof evidence to back up the search.

I can't stand Trump, and never could. However, I think raiding an ex-president's residence is a questionable move when you consider risk-reward. It opens up the door to this kind of thing becoming normal between outgoing and incoming administrations/legislatures. We are polarized enough without that sort of thing becoming a regular occurrence in our political culture. Every president will be investigated on some sort of charge, be it real or imagined by the other party.

It better damn well be a clear and productive investigation. If it isn't, Trump will get a major boost from his lock-step MAGA cultists. I feel like he was dying a slow death in the party without the ability to control media narratives. The vultures were circling and the party elders were looking ready to wash their hands of him. If this is bullshit, he's, IMO, back in a big way.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 09:12 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm unsure about this.

The Feds tend not to do this sort of thing without a lock for some kind of conviction. It's even harder to believe that they'd pull this kind of stunt on an ex-president without some kind of bulletproof evidence to back up the search.

I can't stand Trump, and never could. However, I think raiding an ex-president's residence is a questionable move when you consider risk-reward. It opens up the door to this kind of thing becoming normal between outgoing and incoming administrations/legislatures. We are polarized enough without that sort of thing becoming a regular occurrence in our political culture. Every president will be investigated on some sort of charge, be it real or imagined by the other party.

It better damn well be a clear and productive investigation. If it isn't, Trump will get a major boost from his lock-step MAGA cultists. I feel like he was dying a slow death in the party without the ability to control media narratives. The vultures were circling and the party elders were looking ready to wash their hands of him. If this is bullshit, he's, IMO, back in a big way.

You answered your own question, feds don’t do this to normal people without a 90+% conviction rate let alone to high ranking government members. To do this to a former president, and now a sitting congressman tells you that they already know the answers to the questions this is about seeing who else potentially could be involved.
Reply/Quote
It would be a real pain in the ass to have USA flags on your car and also shit on the FBI or DOJ all the time as they rightfully prosecute Alex or Daddy.

Total *****.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:04 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: It would be a real pain in the ass to have USA flags on your car and also shit on the FBI or DOJ all the time as they rightfully prosecute Alex or Daddy.  

Total *****.

I'd wager the timing between the GOP building around a guy with the "a normal man would be under the jail" history of Trump and conservative mouthpieces trying to connect law and order to only right-wing sheriffs and the police is hardly a coincidence.

The USA and back the blue and law and order mantra to these people doesn't apply to any sort of government agency...except ICE.  I assume they still think the people who go after illegals are "good government."

As others have pointed out, Trump himself gleefully appointed and praised the current head of the FBI who is clearly involved in this situation.  Trump can now call him a left-wing nutjob with an agenda and his followers eat it all up.  The point isn't to convince the people who will send their very last cent to a man they believe is worth 10 billion, but to convince the people who looked at the 2016 election and thought "Ehh, may as well see what Trump can do."
Reply/Quote
Got it. Saw USA Flag icon guy on YT espousing some alex Jones style anti-US gov shit. It’s funny.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Here is a fun spin, not only was removing the documents illegal but if he did so because said documents could have led to a criminal investigation, or maybe a congressional investigation, against him he’d also be dealing with obstruction of justice charges.

Not just that, but keeping pretty much any of the documents from the White House can't go with you. They are required by law to be archived. Essentially, leaving with any documents is theft of government property.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
It sounds that the warrant refers to nuclear technologies highly classified and a deal to sell these to the saudis.

Not a big deal though.

Maybe it's unprecedented too. A president trying to sell national secrets for his own profit ? Maybe not. 

Everything is for sell : Pardons, secret documents alongside with Goya's beans.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Can't we just disregard elections and make Trump the president and then just let the president do whatever he wants? Anything else is tyranny.
Reply/Quote
He didn't do anything!
If they say he did something he was framed!
If did do something he was allowed to do it!

Ninja

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;We just want to go on record that anything bad they found is planted&quot; is the sort of message you can get away with if your target audience is culty and dumb.<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/Flp6f0CZj9">https://t.co/Flp6f0CZj9</a></p>&mdash; DarkTimesHat (@Popehat) <a href="https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1557164977047216128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't we just disregard elections and make Trump the president and then just let the president do whatever he wants? Anything else is tyranny.

So someone with a better grasp can probably explain better, and I didn't have time to do a bunch of research on this, but I heard something yesterday about the Presidential Records Act(?) that came about a few years after Nixon because Nixon had set up some kind of deal where all his records were in a vault and only a couple had the keys...including him.  And whenever he wanted he could go and destroy anything in the vault.
Reply/Quote
Always the victim.

Anyone who already dealt with narcissist pervs will understand.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: He didn't do anything!
If they say he did something he was framed!
If did do something he was allowed to do it!

Ninja

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;We just want to go on record that anything bad they found is planted&quot; is the sort of message you can get away with if your target audience is culty and dumb.<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/Flp6f0CZj9">https://t.co/Flp6f0CZj9</a></p>&mdash; DarkTimesHat (@Popehat) <a href="https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1557164977047216128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> 

As I already said, another case where he was betrayed, fooled, outplayed by any civil servant with minimum wages.

And he tries to act tough Big Grin

Helpless.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:31 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: As I already said, another case where he was betrayed, fooled, outplayed by any civil servant with minimum wages.

And he tries to act tough Big Grin

Helpless.

Where that joke ends is the promise from many gop candidates who want to be able to have the POTUS fire anyone for any reason so he can "drain the swamp".

Of course ignoring, as has been said, that Trump nominated some of the people who signed off on all of this.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 08:59 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It sounds that the warrant refers to nuclear technologies highly classified and a deal to sell these to the saudis.

Not a big deal though.

Maybe it's unprecedented too. A president trying to sell national secrets for his own profit ? Maybe not. 

That's about my worst fear.

First I've heard this?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 08:59 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It sounds that the warrant refers to nuclear technologies highly classified and a deal to sell these to the saudis.

Not a big deal though.

If your so committed in your thinking of Trump being a bad president, while do you have to make up shit? 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: So someone with a better grasp can probably explain better, and I didn't have time to do a bunch of research on this, but I heard something yesterday about the Presidential Records Act(?) that came about a few years after Nixon because Nixon had set up some kind of deal where all his records were in a vault and only a couple had the keys...including him.  And whenever he wanted he could go and destroy anything in the vault.

Yes. This is what I was referring to a few posts ago. The PRA was enacted in 1978 and essentially says that all official records of the President are public property and must be transferred to the custody of the Archivist immediately upon leaving office. What this means is that any official documents that Trump did not turn over, classified or not, is a violation of this law and theft of government property.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes. This is what I was referring to a few posts ago. The PRA was enacted in 1978 and essentially says that all official records of the President are public property and must be transferred to the custody of the Archivist immediately upon leaving office. What this means is that any official documents that Trump did not turn over, classified or not, is a violation of this law and theft of government property.

And answer this, how many past Presidents took items with them they wound up having to return, and how many had 30 FBI agents raid his house. If they were looking for official records, they didn't need to go through Melania's underwear. This was all a fishing expedition. And since they were inside over 9 hours and did not let Trump's lawyers or anyone else observe the search, anything they find is suspect of being planted. Oh, the FBI would never plant evidence you say??? Ask Richard Jewell about that. All you on the left hate Trump and think this is funny, but trust me, just like Harry Reid was warned "you will rue the day" the worm will turn, and your party won't be in office. Is it going to be this funny and all ok with you if the GOP takes charge and replaces leadership at the FBI and IRS and starts targeting those political opponenets on the left?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If your so committed in your thinking of Trump being a bad president, while do you have to make up shit? 

I don't.

And I don't think he was a bad president, I think he was like the human being he is : Terrible.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And answer this, how many past Presidents took items with them they wound up having to return, and how many had 30 FBI agents raid his house. If they were looking for official records, they didn't need to go through Melania's underwear.  All you on the left hate Trump and think this is funny, but trust me, just like Harry Reid was warned "you will rue the day" the worm will turn, and your party won't be in office. Is it going to be this funny and all ok with you if the GOP takes charge and replaces leadership at the FBI and IRS and starts targeting those political opponenets on the left?

Head of the FBI - GOP appointed
Federal Judge that signed the warrant - GOP appointed

How many past presidents took classified materials with them when they left? We know Trump did, because the National Archives told us that what was given to them before contained classified materials. This means materials that had not been declassified by Trump before he left office and were removed from the White House illegally. There is a different between taking some random documents and classified ones.

There is zero evidence that this raid had political motivations behind it. You're espousing nothing more than conspiracy theories. If someone violates the law then that should be handled. No one should be above the law. Do you disagree?

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:13 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Head of the FBI - GOP appointed
Federal Judge that signed the warrant - GOP appointed

How many past presidents took classified materials with them when they left? We know Trump did, because the National Archives told us that what was given to them before contained classified materials. This means materials that had not been declassified by Trump before he left office and were removed from the White House illegally. There is a different between taking some random documents and classified ones.

There is zero evidence that this raid had political motivations behind it. You're espousing nothing more than conspiracy theories. If someone violates the law then that should be handled. No one should be above the law. Do you disagree?

FBI lying to Justices to get warrants - Been done. 

No political motives? You just refuse to see it. This has happened many many times, and it has ALWAYS been handled with a subpoena. This is pure Banana Republic crap. The dems are already saying this disqualifies him from running again, which it the whole point. They know they can't beat him. 
Reply/Quote